Toggle %s Dirt Track Digest Breaking News

Super Dirt Week is here. Do you have your tickets yet? Who's it going to be?

Support Our Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

North East Modifieds coming to Rfactor Sims Racing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OHMotorsports

OHMotorsports

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:21 AM

Here is the first released preview of the Teo Pro Car Chassis/Body fully
mapped with some of Dan Pilat's 2009 Wraps. Within the next few weeks, Open
Header Motorsports should be receiving 2010 Wraps from Dan Pilat. Pilat
along with other Graphic Designers continue to show support and interest in
these cars by supplying OHM with full detail wraps to place on the car
templates for the game.

Model/Template by: Aaron Carlisle
Wraps by: Dan Pilat
Render/Scene by: Shawn Blankenhorn

Michael Storms #4 - 2009 Dan Pilat Big Block Wrap:

Brett Hearn's #20 - 2009 Dan Pilat's Big Block Wrap:

Wayne Jelley's #45 - 2009 Dan Pilat's Design Wrap

The co-owners of Open Header Motorsports are creating this rFactor add-on for the pure love of the car. As you can see from the renders we are not cutting any corners with details. The OHM North East Modifieds will be a free download for anyone who runs sims racing with the rFactor racing sims platform, and will be converted to rFactor2 when released. The OHM North East Modified is still in the Beta Testing Stages and we are looking at a mid summer full public release. We still have the Troyer and Bicknell Chassis models to finish along with the cockpit and suspension models, also all the wraps replicas and sims drivers alike. We are now in the tire wear and fuel usage testing stages to bring real life racing strategies and white knuckle feel to the Modified.

check out www.ohmotorsports.net to keep up to date on how the OHM North East Modified is coming along and join in the fun with the true " Grass Roots of Dirt Racing ", the online sims racing world.

Thank you,
Jeremy B.
Open Header Motorsports Co-Owner

#2 Chris Baxter

Chris Baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Hockey and racing

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:51 AM

These look great, I can't wait to try them. I just have to get rfactor working, can't get the tracks to load. Keep getting MAS error.

#3 bob h

bob h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:NE Dirt Modifieds

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 26 2010, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These look great, I can't wait to try them. I just have to get rfactor working, can't get the tracks to load. Keep getting MAS error.

this addon is already realesed on harmotorsports

#4 OHMotorsports

OHMotorsports

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (bob h @ Apr 26 2010, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 26 2010, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this addon is already realesed on harmotorsports

Yes Har Motorsports has released a version of the Big Blocks. They have a good car, I will not knock their work. I ran 1000 upon 1000's of laps beta testing for them and wish the car took off but seems to get little use

Other than the cars both being North East Modifieds, that is the only thing they have in common. OHM has a whole new model and will have 3 completely different chassis, not just one hybrid chassis with a different nose for the Troyer. All new physics package that I feel is the next step for dirt racing in general for rFactor. Tire grip and wear is also looking to set a new level for dirt racing in rFactor, 5 compounds to pick from with atleast 2 compounds to pick from for different length races. Do you want a fast tire to start but will need to baby near end of race , or do you want a tire that will come in middle to end of race and have grip to spare???? We are going for as close to real life as you can get with rFactor physics engines and are looking for that fine line between arcade and sims that will promote good side by side racing but still leave you white knuckle and sweating after 10 laps with sore arms.

I want to say again the Har Modified is worth downloading and is a fun Mod. Open Header Motorsports is open to any sims mod, not just ones made by OHM. We are just 2 Dirt Sims racers that wanted to give something back to the DIRT Sims Community, and are trying to put the Community first.

Raven, if you need any help getting rFactor working look either me (Jeremy B or in game name Xrated) or ShawnB up on OHM Teamspeak3 or PM me here and I will get you my yahoo ID and see what we can do to get the tracks to load for you.

Jeremy B.
Open header Motorsports Co-Owner

#5 predmore13

predmore13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

Any plan on having proper AI so these can be used offline? The fact that you can not race the AI with the HAR Modified kills it for me. It would be a great if someone can set up the AI to race offline. The models of your TEO chassis looks excellent. Great work and the best of luck with your development.

#6 OHMotorsports

OHMotorsports

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (predmore13 @ Apr 26 2010, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any plan on having proper AI so these can be used offline? The fact that you can not race the AI with the HAR Modified kills it for me. It would be a great if someone can set up the AI to race offline. The models of your TEO chassis looks excellent. Great work and the best of luck with your development.

The AI is very hard to get right in rFactor for dirt racing. rFactor is based off a road racing asphalt gaming engine. At this time we are unsure if we will try to get AI to work. I believe the only dirt mod to have working AI that is even close is Dirt Factor. rFactor2 will have the ORR Trucks as part of the release which will bring dirt racing gaming physics engine to rFactor. I know that the tracks will dry out and change over a race depending on where cars are running in rFactor2, suspension physics should be better for dirt and sideways racing, and hopefully the AI will be better for dirt in rFactor2 for those who race offline.
The OHM Modified will be converted over for rFactor2 when releases hopefully late summer of 2010.
Thanks for the comments so far, we are putting alot of blood, sweat and time into developing the Modified.
Jeremy B.
Open Header Motorsports Co-Owner

#7 OHMotorsports

OHMotorsports

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

UPATE**** Tires are fully mapped and in game. Still waiting on final suspension template and beadlocks and hub template.

Stewart Friesen #1 - 2009 Dan Pilat's Design Wrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users