Toggle %s Dirt Track Digest Breaking News

Welcome to Dirt Track Digest.Com....New photos are available in the gallery at: http://www.dirttrack...t.com/gallery7/.....Check out the front page for stories from around the tracks at http://www.dirttrackdigest.com.....the Dirt Track Digest App has also been updated in the Google Play Store!

Support Our Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

Raceway 5, Batavia NY

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Lindsay

Mike Lindsay

paddle faster-I hear banjos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  • Interests:short track racing, ahl & senior AAA hockey, railroad (locomotive) photography

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

kind of surprised that more folks are talking about this on the raceny board than here, but Jim Mazur, is leasing the dormant Genessee Speedway for 2011 and renaming it Raceway 5.
Sounds like minis, street stocks, 360 late models, and perhaps open dirt sportsmen (crates and built motors together. I wonder how many sportsmen are left in the area with built motors?
-hoping the grandstands may be upgraded but Jim is only a tenant so I don't think we can expect much from the fairboard.
-personally I'd like to see a BRP 360 lm tour race or a Patriot Sprint Car race (which might demand better catch fencing)
-website is currently being developed www.raceway5.com
-I guess car counts may be dependent on the Canandaigua lease outcome and if Arcade is running weekly
Mike Lindsay (Burlington Ontario)
so far in 2014: Merrittville, Humberstone, Flamboro, Brockville, Ransomville, Ohsweken, Holland

"Save Ferris"

#2 DeWitt27

DeWitt27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

Genesee doesn't get much talk on this forum. But I have been spreading the word and race fans in the Batavia/Rochester area are excited. The grandstands aren't in too bad shape, they are safe and don't give butt splinters. There are definately other areas that could use some attention. The line sounds good too it would be cool to see the Pizza Logs 600 sprint series get back there too, the 600s put on a great race there! I will be looking forward to the website and be glad next year to have a track 20 minutes from my house again!

#3 bicknell1

bicknell1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:Dirt Modifieds,Late Models,pavement modifieds and late models.
    Boston Red Sox, NY Mets.

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:14 AM

I would like to see them run the open sportsman engines myself, run the pre-crate sportsman dirt rules. That way I think there is less chance of cheating crate engines. Also keep the track independent.

#4 racerguy

racerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

I would like to see them run the open sportsman engines myself, run the pre-crate sportsman dirt rules. That way I think there is less chance of cheating crate engines. Also keep the track independent.

Considering the amount of crate cars around, the fact we know Weedsport ain't running and Canandagiua is un-certain, going back to 2004 rules is not smart, all the crate guys know they are toast if someone dusts off a "real" open sportsman engine. Most of the teams that did run opens have went crate, nobody is going to build an engine to run at just Raceway5. Dirt rules are the only choice that makes much sense. You have the Weedsport cars, Blackrock cars, Canandagiua cars, Ransomville cars, Humberstone cars, Woodhull cars. All of those cars have 602 crates, and any of those cars are potential Raceway5 cars if given the correct rules package. They wont run against open crates. Anyone can see what the logical choice is.

#5 papazicka

papazicka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

kind of surprised that more folks are talking about this on the raceny board than here, but Jim Mazur, is leasing the dormant Genessee Speedway for 2011 and renaming it Raceway 5.
Sounds like minis, street stocks, 360 late models, and perhaps open dirt sportsmen (crates and built motors together. I wonder how many sportsmen are left in the area with built motors?
-hoping the grandstands may be upgraded but Jim is only a tenant so I don't think we can expect much from the fairboard.
-personally I'd like to see a BRP 360 lm tour race or a Patriot Sprint Car race (which might demand better catch fencing)
-I guess car counts may be dependent on the Canandaigua lease outcome and if Arcade is running weekly

Mike l
I don't think whether or not Arcade is running will have any bearing at all. It would probably be in Mike Lauterborne's best interest to hook up with Raceway 5 as far a type of cars and rules and switch back to Fridays.
He won't do it because I suggested it LOL

#6 Mike Lindsay

Mike Lindsay

paddle faster-I hear banjos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  • Interests:short track racing, ahl & senior AAA hockey, railroad (locomotive) photography

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

yep-a two track circuit between Arcade and Speedway 5 would be logical but as we know, logic usually has nothing to do with the way race tracks are operated in many cases.
Mike Lindsay (Burlington Ontario)
so far in 2014: Merrittville, Humberstone, Flamboro, Brockville, Ransomville, Ohsweken, Holland

"Save Ferris"

#7 papazicka

papazicka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

yep-a two track circuit between Arcade and Speedway 5 would be logical but as we know, logic usually has nothing to do with the way race tracks are operated in many cases.

I could not have said it better myself. Any track running street stocks should find out what Ransomville is doing. There are so many street stocks that they run 2 features. Now that's what I call car count. Oh yeah they also have 22-24 Sportsman and just as many 358's. One knock on Ransomville is they don't pay very well, at least in sportsman.

#8 Harju00

Harju00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

The open motors more than likely ended up in vintage cars. LoL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users