Toggle %s Dirt Track Digest Breaking News

Thank you again for you continued support of DirtTrackDigest.com.

Support Our Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

Crate Bolts

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 4wheelin

4wheelin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

I see there is a couple pics of crate bolts on elkins site. The same bolts that Brian Mulligan Said in an interview on that site didnt exist.

#2 The Rabbitt

The Rabbitt

Dirt Track Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:57 AM

Posted Image

I think that sums it up :)

#3 AKieffer43

AKieffer43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

http://shop.ebay.com...reak Away Bolts

#4 Parker

Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Racing and Racing

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

I see there is a couple pics of crate bolts on elkins site. The same bolts that Brian Mulligan Said in an interview on that site didnt exist.

Leave it to Doug to find crate bolts! I wonder what Mulligan will have to say now?

#5 lightning15

lightning15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

Crate bolts are available in many places. They aren't the correct bolt though for a Gm 602 or 604 crate motor , the bolts that come from Gm, are stamped Gm and also have a very small bar code on them also.

#6 yvan lacroix

yvan lacroix

Racing enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

Crate bolts are available in many places. They aren't the correct bolt though for a Gm 602 or 604 crate motor , the bolts that come from Gm, are stamped Gm and also have a very small bar code on them also.

Correct, they stick out like a sore thumb, not only do they not have the markings of the GM bolt, but most do not have the proper finish and shape. Those who think that they can pass them off to there tech inspector, I have a nice car for you, 1984 Lada like new, still with the original factory rust.....

At Your Service

Yvan Lacroix

sept192010096-2.jpgb5844f57-1-3.jpg3f9f63f6-1-1.jpg

#7 lafrance performance

lafrance performance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:engines,engines,engines,motorcycles,women lol

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:32 AM

Correct, they stick out like a sore thumb, not only do they not have the markings of the GM bolt, but most do not have the proper finish and shape. Those who think that they can pass them off to there tech inspector, I have a nice car for you, 1984 Lada like new, still with the original factory rust.....

how many bolts you guys want with the gm logo and barcode?... please private message me and ill accomodate you, thanks

#8 Champion

Champion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

Each crate bolt requires its own multiple torque specs to break clean. For example the head bolt is 40/50/65 lbs.
What good is cheater parts, if you don't install them properly?

#9 50jAGAIN

50jAGAIN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

Each crate bolt requires its own multiple torque specs to break clean. For example the head bolt is 40/50/65 lbs.
What good is cheater parts, if you don't install them properly?

See the post above yours , i`m sure he will help anyone with installing them properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The great Crate debate begins again!!!

#10 Lightning Motorsports

Lightning Motorsports

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

Lafrance Performance, I would like to see a set of these bolts.. There was even tech last year at one of my hometracks to make sure they were the proper bolts, with the write markings in them, and all your gonna do if you do decide to sell these bolts is get a fine if you get caught, Printed right in the Dirt Rule book. I understand your a engine builder and it's your job to sell, just watch out it doesn't backfire.

#11 Casper60

Casper60

Reality... Welcome to it.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

WRG isn't even using the crate bolts anymore so the deal is pointless anyhow, unless your track is still using them. LaFrance is correct though, the proper bolts are obtainable as well, you just need the proper channels to get them.

If they would just seal them the way they sealed the ct525's, this wouldn't be an issue.
Daryl Barrett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users