The Sportsman at Weedsport will no longer be DIRT Sanctioned. As mentioned earlier starting this Sunday you can run American Racers or Hoosiers. Steel or Aluminum wheels. Weights will be 2,400 (steel) 2,450 (aluminum) No rev box if you choose that route. Will be a draw for heats this Sunday as a new points system etc is being worked out as we speak.

When i responded earlier to this thread i didnt expect this. I was hinting maybe for DIRT to change its rules, not dropping the sanction for sportsman!

I guess the handwriting for sportsman is on the wall now!!!

One of the best and largest classes out there right now, dirtcar or no dirtcar. The point money is still best with Dirtcar. It kind of puts the DIRTcar legal cars a bit out, as they been racing there all year and have dirtcar licenses. So now they have to race at Canandaigua and wheels alone for points? I guess it is what it is...

Too bad they can't keep the sanction and just give the dirtcar drivers points...

No,the writing is on the wall for WRG, not the sportsman. Once they dump Rolling Wheels, and Weedsport, they will be history

And what do you think then? American Racer sanctioning?

I am not selling all these steal wheels and hoosiers I have acquired. :) I have about 25 rims now with about 15 tires or so.

It looks like the end is coming for WRG. I personally think they only ever really wanted the Outlaw Sprint and Late Model tours. DirtNE was just a bonus to see if it would work. I saw them throw some things at Canandaigua but nothing really stuck. I don't know if the commitment was ever really there.

Glen are you out there, tracks might be for sale cheap soon. Oh Glen Donnelly are you out there?

Jon

One of the best and largest classes out there right now, dirtcar or no dirtcar. The point money is still best with Dirtcar. It kind of puts the DIRTcar legal cars a bit out, as they been racing there all year and have dirtcar licenses. So now they have to race at Canandaigua and wheels alone for points? I guess it is what it is...

Too bad they can't keep the sanction and just give the dirtcar drivers points...

LOL what point money?

Believe it or not, tracks don't seed a sanction to work together, all they need is some common sense to realize they need to work together for the good of their businesses as well as the sport. This is why Asphalt racing in this region is falling apart.

Hate to tell you this Jon, but I have a feeling your stocking up on scrap metal. Right now, Canandaigua and Rolling wheels are the only two tracks in the area with a steel wheel/Hoosier tire package, and i wouldn't be suprised if that changed. I know Jeremie wanted to change that this year but then he decided to run WRG sanction for the season.

Tom, ask Eric Giguere what he got for winning the championship last year. Hint, it wasn't even enough to run 1 race.

Believe it or not, tracks don't seed a sanction to work together, all they need is some common sense to realize they need to work together for the good of their businesses as well as the sport. This is why Asphalt racing in this region is falling apart.

Hate to tell you this Jon, but I have a feeling your stocking up on scrap metal. Right now, Canandaigua and Rolling wheels are the only two tracks in the area with a steel wheel/Hoosier tire package, and i wouldn't be suprised if that changed. I know Jeremie wanted to change that this year but then he decided to run WRG sanction for the season.

Tom, ask Eric Giguere what he got for winning the championship last year. Hint, it wasn't even enough to run 1 race.

Championship at Cayuga County?

I talked with Dave last evening at Lincoln and when he told me about this I thought it was a great idea for the fans AND racers in that area. I dont think it's a WRG issue, they just want to have more cars show up...

DC

I talked with Dave last evening at Lincoln and when he told me about this I thought it was a great idea for the fans AND racers in that area. I dont think it's a WRG issue, they just want to have more cars show up...

DC

I def think Eric and staff made the right choice and do think they will get more cars as a result.

DC

Well that is the case. The issue with WRG is the fact as soon as they heard Eric was going to try to mix them for 1 week, he gets a letter from WRG saying they are dropping the tracks sportsman sanction. Instead of actually doing anything to help the track, like they said they would, they drop the sanction. Talk about a gutless move.

What will happen to the Sportsman teams that bought Dirtcar lincenses? Since it's now a non-sanctioned class will the crew and drivers money be returned?

Oh boy, thats going to get ugly... Perhaps the track and folks who shelled out the $ can come to some sort of arrangement. Just TALK about it before you lose your tempers....

DC

Oh boy, thats going to get ugly... Perhaps the track and folks who shelled out the $ can come to some sort of arrangement. Just TALK about it before you lose your tempers....

DC

Honestly, Eric shouldn't be held responsible for WRG's neglect. However, if it were me I'd still honor the member price at the gate. Afterall it isn't the fault of the teams that have supported the track.

I haven't noticed in the results, but have the sportsman car counts been low all year? it seems canandaigua is doing good and that even at the series race at Wheels counts were good? I have not listened to any interview yet either on dougs..

I haven't noticed in the results, but have the sportsman car counts been low all year? it seems canandaigua is doing good and that even at the series race at Wheels counts were good? I have not listened to any interview yet either on dougs..

Counts have been sad really. He had 11 cars last week.

How is this DIRTcar WRG's fault and why should they honor the Dirt Licenses? They are not the ones who decided to change the rules midway thru the season. They have sponsors and contracts that have to be honored, HOOSIER, VP, etc.. I am sure Eric is in a tough spot with car counts, however the decision to allow American Racer Tires left Dirtcar with no choice but to suspend the Sportsman sanction. That would be like Richard Childress putiing a Ford together for Jeff Burton because he is struggling and seeing if the Ford will make him faster, then getting mad when General Motors pulls his Chevy money and support.

Guys this is a lose lose situation. Eric did what he needed to do to get cars and to help his track survive. The one thing I didnt like though in his interview was the constant blaming of Canandaigua's sportsman. I understand hes looking for support but thats a quick way to turn people off by blaming them. I planned to go run a few races there this year and still may, but if we continue to get blamed I will not. I wish him best of luck as I DO not want to see a dirt track go under. To much of that BS going on now a days.

Good point, but WRG was approached weeks ago about helping Eric and they said they would. To this point, they haven't lifted a finger. The AR thing was a one week trial to see if more cars would come in the gate. WRG had 2 options at the time. Either go along with it, and not award points to the cars running AR tires, or warn Eric that he risks losing DIRTcar sanction. WRG did neither. All they did was blow smoke up his ass about helping him and they chose to do nothing.

If the past few years have taught us anything, WRG wants nothing to do with weekly racing. They can't promote it. They have torpedoed 2 weekly tracks, and took Wheels to the worst shape it had ever been in last year. I wouldn't let these guys run an RC race much less a real one. They are here for the money, not the racing.