John,  If you haven't already done so,  I can hook you up with the correct people to talk to about putting on an AMA Grand National Dirt Track race at your facility.  I am an officer at an AMA club and one of our members is employed by them in Pinkerington,Ohio.

Ron (Spud) Williams

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Central New York Raceway Park has submitted the Final EIS (Environmental Impact Study) to the Town of Hastings.  This document was over 1500 pages long with all of the supporting information. In addit

Alfred State would lease it from us, so they would not have a large capital outlay.  The goal is to have the motorsports, culinary and diesel mechanic programs housed here and use the track operations

First let me very clear about one thing. If those guys can get NY to give them a billion dollars my hat is off to them. I'd do the same thing. And I think is is very cool that money goes to race tr

Posted Images

let's get it built first. all this i want i want, we should have this stuff or that before it's even built. the way i see it they have a group of very smart people invested in this venture and i would assume they have an idea of what they want. let's get it built and then we can go from there on what will happen.jmo

Central Square hears public comment as it considers closing a school

CENTRAL SQUARE -- The Central Square School District is considering closing a school building to cut costs.

On Monday night, the district reviewed findings of a focus group tasked with ranking six possible options.

"The focus group was limited to the study that the consultant did, and only those options were allowed to be discussed," said focus group participant Jeffrey Reed. "And the consensus of the focus group was that there are better options on the table."

Additional options include closing Cleveland or Cole Elementary Schools. The district is looking to help close a budget gap that has grown due to cuts in state aid and solve the problem of under-utilized schools.

The focus group said closing the middle school and selling it to an interested racetrack developer may be the best bet.

"That building, as far as I can tell, has never been full since it was built," said Reed. "And the discussions of consolidating elementary schools and potentially closing elementary schools...this is an effort to fill that building."

"[It's the] most marketable building, the newest building," said Al Hanson. "And then move all the kids back, K-6, back into the elementary schools. Which again, would fill the elementary schools, which is our challenge now. We don't have enough elementary kids."

Other parents want to see more transparency. "Whatever the board's decision, I want them to post that on a website, what their goals are," said parent Jennifer Pownall. "And then quarterly update us as to how they're doing against those goals."

The district says it's goal is to come to a consensus about a decision in early March.

This was posted on cnycentral.com this evening and also on the evening news in Syracuse.

You can read the entire article and watch the video at:  http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=1011619#.Uw09Cs54V5p

John Lehmann

CNYRP

Alfred State would lease it from us, so they would not have a large capital outlay.  The goal is to have the motorsports, culinary and diesel mechanic programs housed here and use the track operations for classes and apprentice programs.  They turn away over 3,000 potential students a year, most of them from the CNY area.

This will add more jobs to the economy than the 150 that we talk about.

John Lehmann

CNYRP

• Like 3

This is very interesting.  I teach at Alfred State in the Business program and this is the first any of us are hearing about this.  For the record, I love the idea however we might be pre-mature on releasing information. We are definitely researching this more.

Itd be interesting to meet DaRooster sometime. I kind of wonder if he really did go to Harvard and lives in a mansion or if he too is also a hillbilly just like he claims everyone else on this website is.

You seem to judge the character of everyone on here simply by what they post, sometimes even by less than that, but if I were to be like you and assume what people were like I would have to assume youre an idiot with a big mouth sir.

So you agree with Goggles that all this project is the state "giving" millions to millionaires and that it's a boodoggle, is that right? I see it as an opportunity to pump some economic relief into a area of the state that desperately needs it. And anytime I hear someone bad-mouthing successful business people, I have to assume they aren't too well off, but aren't willing to do anything about it.

I definitely think it would be cool to see happen and really be a big boost for the area. The Alfred State partnership would be a big benefit for both parties. I think sometimes people see the big dollars being handed out, and the company does the bare minimum and runs off with the rest or never does the work to begin with, and become leery of these types of things. But I totally agree with the trickle down effect. By supporting the wealthy the money will funnel down into the working class.

• Like 1

Itd be interesting to meet DaRooster sometime. I kind of wonder if he really did go to Harvard and lives in a mansion or if he too is also a hillbilly just like he claims everyone else on this website is.

You seem to judge the character of everyone on here simply by what they post, sometimes even by less than that, but if I were to be like you and assume what people were like I would have to assume youre an idiot with a big mouth sir.

So you agree with Goggles that all this project is the state "giving" millions to millionaires and that it's a boodoggle, is that right? I see it as an opportunity to pump some economic relief into a area of the state that desperately needs it. And anytime I hear someone bad-mouthing successful business people, I have to assume they aren't too well off, but aren't willing to do anything about it.

First let me very clear about one thing. If those guys can get NY to give them a billion dollars my hat is off to them. I'd do the same thing. And I think is is very cool that money goes to race track. I'd be the first person in line to buy tickets. So get that straight before you call me names. And I do very very well for myself.

But let me ask you this. Why is it that almost every big project that gets proposed in this state, there needs to be some sort of PILOT agreement? Doesn't that tell you something? Like maybe the taxes are too high? Hello.

I live in Irondequoit, NY. Scott Congel bought the mall in my hometown and got all kinds of tax breaks. Now he hasn't done shit with that mall in years and owes the school district and town millions. It should never have gotten to that point if the damn taxes weren't so freeking high. Now this numb nut governor wants to give college degrees to rapists and murderers. Some crackhead rapes your daughter and you get to pay for his education. Unbelievable.
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to understand your platform, Ed. For years, we all bitched that it was unfair for NY State to dole out money to the stick and ball sports and never invested a cent on racing. Now that they have, you take issue with it. What gives? 

Yours truly, 
It's About Time

I'm trying to understand your platform, Ed. For years, we all bitched that it was unfair for NY State to dole out money to the stick and ball sports and never invested a cent on racing. Now that they have, you take issue with it. What gives? 

Yours truly, 
It's About Time

Robert,

It's a valid question.  I usually like to have a toungue-in-cheek approach to racing websites.  But this one I feel strongly about. Take a look at this.  http://money.cnn.com/interactive/real-estate/property-tax/    It's no mystery that we're the highest taxed state in the country.  Old news.  

I just can't get on board with the logic that "well if we are going to be overtaxed at least the money goes to a race track".   I also can't suppoprt selective tax breaks to individuals.  Everyone should benefit from lower taxes.  Not just a select few.  You pay your taxes.  Why don't you get a break?  

I'd also like to add that the stick-and-ball analogy is Bobby Knight logic:  "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."    To be happy to be fleeced just because the money is going to an alleged race track is out of my sphere of understanding.   

If this thing gets off the ground I really think it's going to end up a racino anyway not an auto racing facility.  So my $0.02 Joe Nemechek for President. 

Respectfully,

Goggles P.

• Like 2

My question is , If the state has a 3 million dollar grant for this fantasay track, why not put some of that money into the mile at the fairgrounds?

Last i heard the state fair wants the track gone to better utilize its real estate. Now that there's a proposed concert facility going in across 690, on the lake (on the back side of the fair parking) I'm guessing there is even less reason to keep the grandstand and the track at this point. So in turn Glenn's track would provide the perfect opportunity to move super dirt week to a state of the art facility. All of this is hypothetically speaking of course. 

Alfred State would lease it from us, so they would not have a large capital outlay.  The goal is to have the motorsports, culinary and diesel mechanic programs housed here and use the track operations for classes and apprentice programs.  They turn away over 3,000 potential students a year, most of them from the CNY area.

This will add more jobs to the economy than the 150 that we talk about.

John Lehmann

CNYRP

Will this partnership make CNYRP eligible for the Start-Up NY program? 

This partnership with Alfred State, if it is able to come to fruition does not appear to  qualify under the Start-Up NY program. 

We are interested in the program to develop an internship program for the project and to add qualified employees into the workforce to benefit CNYRP and our industry.  it will also help to build the economy in Oswego County, which has the second highest unemployment in NY State.

John Lehmann

CNYRP 

I live in Westchester with the highest taxes in the country, and one of the reasons NY made #1 on the list. And I tell ya right now if they would build a dirt track here I would gladly pony up a little more.
  • 1 month later...

Central New York Raceway Park has submitted the Final EIS (Environmental Impact Study) to the Town of Hastings.  This document was over 1500 pages long with all of the supporting information. In addition we have submitted "no effect" letters from SHPO and the Corp of Engineers.  We have now come out of the SEQR process and the Town of Hastings, as the lead agency will act on our permit applications.

We are hoping to begin construction in around 20-30 days.

We will have more exciting news that we will release as the time is right..

John Lehmann

Vice President

Central New York Raceway Park

• Like 4

I'm very excited about getting this thing going.. I'm sure all of you are getting just as impatient as myself.  LOL  I Look forward to being at the 1st race there... Can't wait

On a somewhat related note, has that company in Baldwinsville I think it was, that was developing the LED lighting (on display with CNYRP at one of the Syracuse shows a year or 2 ago) made any progress toward bringing a product to market?

Ephesus Lighting will be providing the LED lighting.  In fact they installed them in the Onondaga County War Memorial and other arena around the country.  The lights are awesome.  In fact they had to power them down, as they were too bright.

John Lehmann

CNYRP