Toggle %s Dirt Track Digest Breaking News

Thank you again for you continued support of DirtTrackDigest.com.

Support Our Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

JACK JOHNSON

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dirtbus

dirtbus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Well, we are approaching another racing season in the Northeast. With all the excitement and optimisim of a great year of racing ahead I can't help reflect back to the realization that the 12a won't be in the starting grid. I just want Jack to know he is in my prayers daily and I'm wishing him the very best. Most importantly of all thank you so much for all the great memories that are forever etched in my mind that no one will ever be able to remove. Have a great racing season Jack best of luck to you and Ronnie, God Bless!

#2 Jake Spraker

Jake Spraker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Well, we are approaching another racing season in the Northeast. With all the excitement and optimisim of a great year of racing ahead I can't help reflect back to the realization that the 12a won't be in the starting grid. I just want Jack to know he is in my prayers daily and I'm wishing him the very best. Most importantly of all thank you so much for all the great memories that are forever etched in my mind that no one will ever be able to remove. Have a great racing season Jack best of luck to you and Ronnie, God Bless!

SAME HERE

#3 zedsded

zedsded

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

whenever a mod heat or feature rolls onto the track I still look to see were the 12A is starting...

#4 12A-alltheway

12A-alltheway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Racing hasn't been the same for me with Jack on the track.

I've liked him for a long as I've been going to the races. I followed him wherever he went whenever possible. When he went to Nazareth instead of Syracuse, so did I.

Since he was just a few months old, my son, who is now 4, I posed in front of his car at the car show at the Rotterdam Mall.

This year, I couldn't even bring myself to go.

I hope he is doing well and I can't thank him enough for the many memories of him going full bore running up front far more often than not.

6/21 Fonda Speedway

Future Plans

7/19 Beech Ridge

7/20 Oxford 250

#5 Custom Bob

Custom Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,208 posts
  • Interests:NHRA, Whelen Modifieds, Rat rods & Hot Rods, Custom Car Shows

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

You don't realize what you have till it's gone.

The hay days of Jack, Louie, CD and David ( still wheeling the car) are something the youth of today can only watch on videos. They don't have any idea of what great rivalries and racing they missed. For us Old Timers it's great memories, that I for one will never forget.
I agree it's not the same without the 12a out there, as well as the 4 and 61.
All the Best, Jack and we think of you often.

"There's nothing better than the smell of Nitro in the morning and 10,000 hp rattling your head".

In Life, it's called an Opinion. On a Race Forum, it's called Bashing?

Custom Bob "If you don't know me by now. You will never never know me".

Now I know why I have become a big fan of the NHRA. Wayyyy to much drama and BS in local dirt racing!

#6 Blksheep

Blksheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

Mid 1980's, Fonda Speedway,.............................Modified thoughts..............

"Hey, this ole Olsen hand-me down is handlin pretty good this week.
Freshin up this motor on Tuesday was good move.
Good enough to win my heat.
Good enough to get me a sixth place start for this thirty-five lapper.
Who knows, maybe even good enough to win this thing.
They drop the rag, I'm goin to the outside.
I got the motor and with any luck, I should be leadin on lap 3.
That's it.
I gott'em covered.
We start rollin off pit road here, I'll get a little better look at who's around me.
HAA,...First five cars should be no problem.
Now the money question,.................................................................................
Wheres Jack Johnson ?????????????????????

In the early days, he went through race cars like paper towels. Sometimes three or four cars a month. Ugly to watch, I often feared for him. I remember thinking I wish he would quit before he hurts himself. Then ever so slowly I began to see. Jack was just knockin the rough edges off.
While polishing his skills, he changed the sport of dirt modified stock car racing. He brought personality, a bunch of talent and major sponsors to the table. He raced you hard, mentored many of his fellow competitors and respected his obligation to entertain the paying customer.
When he was in the field, you watched your favorite, but you always knew where that 12A was.
You didn't always have to like him, but you always gave him the respect he deserved.
Like everyone else, I'd love to see his return, but either way, I'll always have the clear memories of the career of a legend.
Jack Johnson is a Champion's Champion.

#7 haZer

haZer

Rob Hazer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

Think of it this way, the next time RJ, Bobby, Matt Diesel, or whoever is leading the race there is a shadow car right on them pushing them harder and harder and harder. It's a faint orange 12a applying the pressure on every lap and in some cases he's leading showing the line to take. After all this man has won more races and titles at the track of champions than any other. If one driver can say accomplishing a 1/100th of that success doesn't partially drive their racing efforts, I'll show you a wooden boy who's nose is growing. lol :respect:

And as soon as the checkered flag drops Jack appears like magic in turn 2, standing firm, leaning on the light pole, and smiling remembering the day he once ruled that place.

Just because Jack isn't racing doesn't mean he isn't just as valuble to the sport. I can tell you this; if I were able to wad my chubalicious-ness into a race rod I would mumble to myself before every green flag WWJD. (What would Jack do?) Then I'd proceed to race hard, respect my fellow competitors, give a solid interview, and try to match that classic cool that Jack always radiates.

Everyone has their favorites they cheer for and I'm no different. It doesn't mean you don't enjoy seeing others do well. Jack has retired and still hold tremendous value, but I still see the Jumper every week on and off the track of champs. All you have to do is walk through the Montgomery County Fairgrounds to see things that in part Jack helped build in past, present, and future.

PS..do you know how hard it was to be a Jack and CD fan at the same time? It was like being a Yankee fan and a Boston fan. lol I pulled it off though and today, I see parts of that ol' rivalry in RJ and Bobby. Joke as pals off the track, push each other hard on it. Come on racing season, hurry!

Oh MLIU, get over it. lol :w00t:

MY LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE

Speed Zone Online FB Edition
Twitter @RobHazer
Speed Zone Online Youtube Channel

Don't make me angry; You won't like me when I'm angry...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users