Toggle %s Dirt Track Digest Breaking News

Welcome to Dirt Track Digest.Com....New photos are available in the gallery at: http://www.dirttrack...t.com/gallery7/.....Check out the front page for stories from around the tracks at http://www.dirtrackdigest.com.....the Dirt Track Digest App has also been updated in the Google Play Store!

Support Our Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

Help me Bob Miller!!!!

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 racerchick1

racerchick1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hey Bob, I was wondering if you had any raw video from last night at CMP. I'm looking for the mod feature about lap 20 turn 4 and turn 1 action from Mike O'Brien 1jr. They're saying he threw a rock towards the track after Currier broke his front end. It would help Mike out alot to see the replay, He didn't throw a rock so...Let me know if you can help, you can even email it to me so everyone doesn't see it. Thanks.

#2 GasketCase

GasketCase

2006-2013 JackAss of the Year

• Administrators
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

Unless he lives in a glass house, I don't see a problem ....

#3 Outlaw Photos

Outlaw Photos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 8,321 posts
  • Interests:Food.... Racing... Friends... Race Talk!!!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

Unless he lives in a glass house, I don't see a problem ....

Another Classic... LOL

#4 NiagaraRaceFan

NiagaraRaceFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts
  • Interests:Photography, DIRTcar racing, Muzak, girlies...

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

shouldnt it be the accusers who should be asking for the video to prove their accusation? I dont like these scenarios where people are forced to prove they are innocent.

2011 Race Schedule: 43 nights of dirt racing @ 11 tracks in 4 states and 1 province!
2012 Race Schedule: 65 nights of dirt racing @ 17 tracks in 5 states and 1 province!!

2013 Race Schedule: 47 nights of dirt racing @ 13 tracks in 5 states and 1 province!

check out dirt racing videos on my youtube channel: 

http://www.youtube.c...s/videos?view=0

#5 GasketCase

GasketCase

2006-2013 JackAss of the Year

• Administrators
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

shouldnt it be the accusers who should be asking for the video to prove their accusation? I dont like these scenarios where people are forced to prove they are innocent.

As well you shouldn't. It should sicken you. Oddly, we've gotten to be a society where the media proclaims your guilt and you spend your life proving otherwise.

#6 racerchick1

racerchick1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

As well you shouldn't. It should sicken you. Oddly, we've gotten to be a society where the media proclaims your guilt and you spend your life proving otherwise.

I normally don't put our biz on the street like this but someone not naming names won't man up and speak with the person in question so i had to turn to social media. The whole thing is a joke and it's just another example of a track protecting their investment($$$$$$$$) and not giving a rats ass about hard working drivers who do it all with out $$$$$, it's sad really. Currier is a joke, the best equipment more money then God and he still can't finish top 5-ever. I'm sick of seeing other drivers being taken out by this guy and the track people doing nothing about it, then they turn around and make up stories about what really happen ---throw a rock really have you ever seen the video of Brett Hern throwing mud at Danny Johnson, it's pretty funny. This said person DID NOT throw anything, so i'm just looking for some video back up plus we have the whole thing on our Go Pro, Pretty scary stuff. Currier hit 1jr so hard in turn 4 it twisted his whole steering rod and before you know it 1jr was headed toward the Jersey wall at 100mph-a little dangerous i say. So if Bob wants to help me out he will if not oh well, no sweat off my back. Plus i think Bob will agree that running a track like a church is not the best way to go. AMEN!

#7 Kimmie

Kimmie

Queen of the Damned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,667 posts
  • Interests:Dirt Track Racing, Boys, Sunshine, Rainbows, and Starburst Candies

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

The same jersey barrier that Billy Dunn got driven into?

All I can say is good luck! I hope the truth comes out. And it's funny how that particular #10 has ended up in accident photos from events at other facilities recently that also involve a couple of other prominent CMP competitors.

Just a personal observation.
"To err is human.. To forgive never happens on a race forum..."

If it has testicles or tires, it's bound to be trouble........

Kimberly C. Updike

#8 racerchick1

racerchick1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

The same jersey barrier that Billy Dunn got driven into?

All I can say is good luck! I hope the truth comes out. And it's funny how that particular #10 has ended up in accident photos from events at other facilities recently that also involve a couple of other prominent CMP competitors.

Just a personal observation.

hahaha Kimmie i've been waiting for your reply. yeah it is what it is i guess Mike's a good clean driver never an issue and he's spent the past 3 yrs there earning respect from everyone i don't want to see something like this throw that all away. We're keeping our heads up!!! but whens enough enough??? I think he should pay for the fix around $500.00! Mike bring 15+ people to stands every week. Just warn our drivers to stay away from #10 at all cost. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#9 Kimmie

Kimmie

Queen of the Damned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

I wasn't there last Saturday, Summer. (BFF's bachlorette party)

All I know is there have been comments floating around that people like to steer clear of that particular #10, and a couple of others who we both know and I won't name.

And, besides, if I know your brother, he wouldn't throw a rock - he'd have thrown the effing backhoe that sits over there! And then he would have thought about how that would have dropped him to Currier's petulant level, and just walked back with his head high (with maybe a "You're #1" salute on the way past...)

Kimberly C. Updike

#10 NiagaraRaceFan

NiagaraRaceFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

"Plus i think Bob will agree that running a track like a church is not the best way to go. AMEN! "

and I'll agree with that too. way too many religious references and personalities at that track for me. Why cant people just keep that to themselves? I really dont want to hear it.

maybe your team needs to look at running a different track next year?

luckily for us at Ransomville, the #10 stopped running here at mid-season.

2011 Race Schedule: 43 nights of dirt racing @ 11 tracks in 4 states and 1 province!
2012 Race Schedule: 65 nights of dirt racing @ 17 tracks in 5 states and 1 province!!

2013 Race Schedule: 47 nights of dirt racing @ 13 tracks in 5 states and 1 province!

#11 Kimmie

Kimmie

Queen of the Damned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

Mikey is a clean competitor. He races everyone fairly and is a pretty decent shoe.

He's not one to be found crying on the pit steward's shoulder about how unfairly he was treated during a Series race because (once again) he stepped on his d**k. (An ailment suffered by race drivers - commonly referred to in the pit area.)

So, if there is no basis to this absurd accusation, I see no reason for him to find another track next season.

Kimberly C. Updike

#12 NiagaraRaceFan

NiagaraRaceFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

oh, I was being sympathetic to their position - I just thought if the track was not dealing with them fairly or they were sick of getting wrecked then maybe...

#13 BobMiller

BobMiller

Nobody Important

• Administrators
  • 8,449 posts
  • Interests:Media member since 1984... TV camera operator for motorsports broadcasts. Cover weekly racing at Canandaigua, and Rolling Wheels as owner of NUMBER NINE MEDIA (formerly Half Fast Video).

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

racerchick1...

There's not a whole lot that I can do to help you because I didn't see the contact in turn 4. I was watching Danny Johnson, Jimmy Phelps, Matt Sheppard and Justin Haers charge through the pack who were all just ahead of O'Brien when this happened. All I saw of the whole incident was Mike bouncing off the wall at the top of turn 1 with my eye. By the time I got the camera pointed at him, his car had come to a complete stop.

I'm having trouble understanding why you started this thread. By a complete fluke, I was present during the discussion between Mike and race director Greg Hixson. When I came down off the tower, I saw Mike standing under the tower. I put my camera gear in my truck and then walked back under the tower to ask Mike why he hit the wall and had to wait until he was finished with Greg Hixson.

At no time were there ever any raised voices or swearing between either party. Each side had a chance to explain themselves and this meeting went well. Mike even had a smile on his face at one point and seemed happy with the results. He said he was going to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to call Jeremie and walked back to the pits. I thought the whole situation was handled well from both sides, and that it was over.

The speedway isn't being run like a church, it's being run like a tight ship because it needs to be. There are 6 classes of cars running on most nights, and usually with some kind of special such as pit crew competitions, power wheels races, autograph sessions or spectator races. There isn't any time left over for drivers hitting each other under cautions or throwing rocks or clumps of mud. The way I see it, since there isn't time for EVERYONE to do it, NOBODY can and this keeps things fair. Mike got out of his car and picked up a rock with Currier's name on it. Track Safety repeatedly asked him to put it down and Mike even sidestepped them at least twice. He never threw it. It was a single car accident that SHOULD have been cleaned up in under 5 minutes, but this one was approaching 10. Mike wanted to walk back to the pits instead of going back with his car which would have delayed the incident even longer. In football, this would be seen as repeated delays of game.

#14 19ny

19ny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

racerchick1...

There's not a whole lot that I can do to help you because I didn't see the contact in turn 4. I was watching Danny Johnson, Jimmy Phelps, Matt Sheppard and Justin Haers charge through the pack who were all just ahead of O'Brien when this happened. All I saw of the whole incident was Mike bouncing off the wall at the top of turn 1 with my eye. By the time I got the camera pointed at him, his car had come to a complete stop.

I'm having trouble understanding why you started this thread. By a complete fluke, I was present during the discussion between Mike and race director Greg Hixson. When I came down off the tower, I saw Mike standing under the tower. I put my camera gear in my truck and then walked back under the tower to ask Mike why he hit the wall and had to wait until he was finished with Greg Hixson.

At no time were there ever any raised voices or swearing between either party. Each side had a chance to explain themselves and this meeting went well. Mike even had a smile on his face at one point and seemed happy with the results. He said he was going to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to call Jeremie and walked back to the pits. I thought the whole situation was handled well from both sides, and that it was over.

The speedway isn't being run like a church, it's being run like a tight ship because it needs to be. There are 6 classes of cars running on most nights, and usually with some kind of special such as pit crew competitions, power wheels races, autograph sessions or spectator races. There isn't any time left over for drivers hitting each other under cautions or throwing rocks or clumps of mud. The way I see it, since there isn't time for EVERYONE to do it, NOBODY can and this keeps things fair. Mike got out of his car and picked up a rock with Currier's name on it. Track Safety repeatedly asked him to put it down and Mike even sidestepped them at least twice. He never threw it. It was a single car accident that SHOULD have been cleaned up in under 5 minutes, but this one was approaching 10. Mike wanted to walk back to the pits instead of going back with his car which would have delayed the incident even longer. In football, this would be seen as repeated delays of game.

Brad Bennett

#15 19ny

19ny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

maybe show would be sped up if the same cars that are seemingly involved in every questionable caution were dealt with somehow. But when one of the primary culprit's family business is a track sponsor, well.........
Brad Bennett

#16 racerchick1

racerchick1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

racerchick1...

Thanks Bob, I know Mike was pretty heated right after and thanks for understanding. Mike told me he picked up the "rock", "clay" whatever then put it down because he's a good sport. thats why i started this bc he didn't thrown it, trust me he play QB in HS and as a awesome throwing arm if he would've thrown it...it would have hit #10. The church thing i'm speaking of is the fact that some people don't feel like they can say what they want in the heat of any moment without getting in trouble and we all know racing is 90% in the heat of the moment. I don't think the Mod class is judge fair and money talks in that class. Look what happened to Danny just walking over and trying to talk with #10 said persons. Theres fines and punishments in place for all that stuff so why not let the drivers have it out if there's an issue, we can all make adult choices. I had to break a fight up in July next to us and nothing happened to either party??!!!. anyways thanks again for your thoughts i look to people like you to try and set things good.

#17 BobMiller

BobMiller

Nobody Important

• Administrators
  • 8,449 posts
  • Interests:Media member since 1984... TV camera operator for motorsports broadcasts. Cover weekly racing at Canandaigua, and Rolling Wheels as owner of NUMBER NINE MEDIA (formerly Half Fast Video).

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

But when one of the primary culprit's family business is a track sponsor, well.........

In the past, I'd agree. Since Jeremie has taken over? Matt Sheppard was sent to the rear for his involvement with a Dave Allen spin, and Danny Johnson was penalized 1/2 points and money for jumping a restart. I beg to differ.

Mike told me he picked up the "rock", "clay" whatever then put it down because he's a good sport.

If he were a good sport, he wouldn't have picked it up and sidestepped track safety who were pleading to him to use his head. I like Mike, but let's call a spade a spade here. He lost his temper and created a situation that delayed the program. I'll bet that the moment of clarity was a threat of being kicked out for the rest of the season if he threw it. Just a hunch.

Theres fines and punishments in place for all that stuff so why not let the drivers have it out if there's an issue, we can all make adult choices.

If we had 3 divisions and a ton of time to kill each night, I'd agree. In my opinion, I think a boxing ring should be built at every track at the same spot they have victory lane ceremonies for drivers to settle indifferences in front of the crowd where feuding drivers could "talk things over." But those discussions would have to wait until the end of the night because we have 6divisions to run off before the curfew gets here. :vava:

#18 19ny

19ny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

At least the surprise appearance of Don Slover was mercifully brief!!!
Brad Bennett

#19 racerman51™

racerman51™

Merrittville Race reporter!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

he stepped on his d**k. (An ailment suffered by race drivers - commonly referred to in the pit area.)

And here it was,I thought that statement was just a Canadian thing!...of course if I was able to get to some of the American tracks on a half ass regular basis,I might have heard it more often!.. :D :D

Les Mawson here!!

Tracks for 2014!

Humberstone..doubt if i'll be going there this year!!

Merrittville..

Ransomville...1/1Hangover 2014

Rolling Wheels!!....

Ohsweken..

the only  dirt modifieds ARE DIRTcar MODS!!!......NOT THESE LEFT STEER "MODIFIEDS" THAT RACE IN THE REST OF NORTH AMERICA!!!..

I will continue to call them LEFT STEER until such time as the staff at Speedway illustrated and elsewhere get smart and STOP calling our cars "center steer!!"..

I mean..they don't call sprint cars "center steer", do they??

who knows where I'll end up?...LOL..

that's racin'® (phrase): Expresses frustration or emotion. 1. When a small part costing just a few dollars fails and stops a $150,000 race car, that's racin'. 2. When you race a competitor for 500 miles and lose to him by just a few feet, that's racin'. 3. When a hot dog wrapper blows out of the stands, gets caught across the air vent on the front of your car and causes your engine to overheat, that's racin'.4. when your team-mate runs into your ass without braking,that's racin'(attributed to some Formula one guy who I can't remember right now..LOL)

#20 racerchick1

racerchick1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

In the past, I'd agree. Since Jeremie has taken over? Matt Sheppard was sent to the rear for his involvement with a Dave Allen spin, and Danny Johnson was penalized 1/2 points and money for jumping a restart. I beg to differ.

If he were a good sport, he wouldn't have picked it up and sidestepped track safety who were pleading to him to use his head. I like Mike, but let's call a spade a spade here. He lost his temper and created a situation that delayed the program. I'll bet that the moment of clarity was a threat of being kicked out for the rest of the season if he threw it. Just a hunch.

If we had 3 divisions and a ton of time to kill each night, I'd agree. In my opinion, I think a boxing ring should be built at every track at the same spot they have victory lane ceremonies for drivers to settle indifferences in front of the crowd where feuding drivers could "talk things over." But those discussions would have to wait until the end of the night because we have 6divisions to run off before the curfew gets here. :vava:

Well being kicked out for the rest of the season is a mute point there's two weeks left! Time is the issue? ya right there's a go pro on Mike's car and they didn't drop the caution for 15sec after in was stopped and off the track, then it took the tow guys almost ten mins to hook the car up, So time delay is not The problem. You wanna talk about time issues what about henry maier crashing and stopping every ten seconds, or while Colton Cappuis was there crashing every heat, every feature, what about Pyane(#28) stopping and crashing every race taking up time every week. with the reg. show we've been done a hour b4 curfew. Don't give me that c*ap. So now drivers can't get upset when the only car then have gets smash because the track can't control the drivers and that's the problem he likes to control everything and he can't so he gets mad or upset...please. We run a good team and we work hard over 50hrs a week doing the work ourselves so yeah we get "heated" when stuff like that happens. AND TO YOUR 3RD POINT No one could get over to Curriers pits to "talk" b/c the track is busy wasting money and time putting security detail on him and the lights went off in the pits at 10:36 when there were still fans and crew there, real nice. I'm done giving money to that cause. And the only reason that happened to Danny is b/c Sheppard is dirts golden boy. i see jumped starts every race cause the flagger su*ks. See now, i didn't want to get mad but oh well. :harhar:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users