Toggle %s Dirt Track Digest Breaking News

Super Dirt Week is just around the corner. Do you have your tickets yet?

Support Our Sponsors

Photo

305's at Eastern States

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Avenengo

Tom Avenengo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports, writing

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

From Facebook:

come saturday october 20th the orange county fair speedway will have the 305 sprint cars as part of the saturday activities, they will be non sanctioned but follow the 305 racesaver rules, tires for the class will be open, thus no tire rule for this race will be in effect. the 305's will have a full show on saturday with time trails locking the top 6 into the 25 lap feature and all other cars will transfer though heat races and consolation. The race will pay $750 to win with 24 cars and last place paying $100.00 and all position in between will have an increase in payout. for more information call the track or check the official websight

#2 Jim

Jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

split from modified forum...

305 sprints are on the schedule for Eastern States, yet I don't see it on the schedule for CRSA or TSRS.
I would expect Eastern States to be a perfect opportunity to bring the teams from both clubs together for a big end of the year race.

Are these clubs supporting this event?

from what I was told ,they talked to CRSA about Eastern States weekend . They wanted pit fee , car Reg , and another fee if you had a four wheeler. CRSA thought it was way to much for there teams to pay so they refused it. This is what I was told.

I also heard that OC was looking for the club to bring some sponsor money, too. Same with ARDC. It's a damn shame that the competitors in auto racing's lower echelons have to pay their way in. It's not like they're all millionaires, ya know. If what Brian says is true, I can see a small car count for the Sprinters - which would mean no Sprint Cars at ESW in 2013. Watch and see.

#3 Jim

Jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

I have no more knowledge than what you guys have written here,yet it doesn't sound like the club is telling teams not to go to OCFS for this show.
I'd guess teams have the option whether they want to run it independently, and even if the club was sanctioing the event, it's likely they only pay show up points, so we'll see what effect this has on car counts (as well as OCFS relationship with CRSA going forward).
I'm thinking that if an agreement could not be reached between the club and the promoter, it would have been best to leave them out of the show altogether. Like Tom said, Watch and see...

***** OCFS has a big opportunity to create a serious fall sprint show. Bringing 410s, 360s, 305s AND midgets won't be cheap, yet I'm sure they could make money on it if they put their mind to it (particularly after the first year). Posse, Outlaws, ASCS, ESS, URC, ARDC, CRSA, TSRS... Build it and they will come!
IMHO, this is not the way to do it.

#4 Tom Avenengo

Tom Avenengo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

I read that the winner of the 305 race at ESW will get $750.00. I believe that's quite a bit more than what CSRA & TSRS pay? How I'd love to see a 360 show like the ones they used to have at the Wheels.

#5 Brian Grisel

Brian Grisel

crsa/ceo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Sprint Cars, NHRA, golf, Old time Rock&Roll. Founder of the CRSA sprintcar series in NY in 2006

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

It is more Tom. CRSA pays $400. but $140 to start. see what happens I guess, lot of teams are from down that way so you never can tell.

#6 Dirt race fan

Dirt race fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Sprint Cars

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Well I am looking to go, but I can only find the car registration and the cost of the pit pass. So as I read it for a 305 and my crew (myself and two guys)- register before Oct 12th $40 for car reg and $50 per pit pass. So for my team it is $190 to enter. Before any other possible registration fees. We are getting time trials, heat race, and feautre? Or is the time trial just group practice time speeds? Just not enough information right now to make a decision. Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Mark Taylor

#7 Tom Avenengo

Tom Avenengo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

Timed hot laps, Dirt race fan - per the website.

Saturday, October 20, 2012:

8:00 AM FAIRGROUNDS OPEN
PIT GATE OPEN
358 MODIFIED INSPECTION
CRATE SPORTSMAN INSPECTION
SPRINT CAR INSPECTION
11:00 AM SPECTATOR GATES OPEN
12:30 PM DRIVER MEETING AND DRAW
1:00PM SPRINT CAR HEAT IN MOTORS
1:30 PM 358 MODIFIED HOT LAPS
CRATE SPORTSMAN HOT LAPS
TIMED SPRINT CAR HOT LAPS