Heard a rumor that there is a property dispute at Glen Ridge! Can anyone shed any light on this? Dose this mean that the Ridge may not be running this season?
  • Like 1

Just someone starting rumors. Pete D. has been working hard on making the Ridge better than ever for the coming season. There will be a lot of changes to make it even more exciting.
Glen Ridge Motorsports Park will be in action every Friday Night in 2013.
  • Like 2

[quote name='Custom Bob' timestamp='1354815371' post='413553']
Just someone starting rumors. Pete D. has been working hard on making the Ridge better than ever for the coming season. There will be a lot of changes to make it even more exciting.
[/quote]
bullshit

is the rumor true that the rabbit is done at the ridge as well as jim king and bernie . what about the bleechers, food trailer, fire truck, race director .etc?

Whatever you say Claimer.
And thus one of the reasons I only attend a handful of local races the last couple seasons and have taken to NHRA racing and other ventures.

Ok, Mr. Custom, how's this for facts: 1. the concession trailer is sold and gone. 2. the scoring system is being sold. 3. the fire truck/system is being sold. 4. if they don't buy the bleachers soon, they will be taken down and sold. It's not a lie that there are problems with the owners of the property and previous promoters. What facts do you have?

[quote name='Custom Bob' timestamp='1354815371' post='413553']
[/quote] What are they gonna do any different to compete with Malta?? Really?

[quote name='Claimer' timestamp='1354846964' post='413583']
On top of all that, I heard that Jake is in the hospital with chest pains. Might need a by-pass
[/quote] Classy post

[quote name='Claimer' timestamp='1354846792' post='413581']
Ok, Mr. Custom, how's this for facts: 1. the concession trailer is sold and gone. 2. the scoring system is being sold. 3. the fire truck/system is being sold. 4. if they don't buy the bleachers soon, they will be taken down and sold. It's not a lie that there are problems with the owners of the property and previous promoters. What facts do you have?
[/quote]
1. Concession trailer...Ya so?? They made more than one. There is also other options like building a kitchen. It's already been taken care of anyways.
2. Again, they made more than one. Besides I'm to understand that Pete has purchased one brand new and it is an updated model and was cheaper than the asking price on the one that was there.
3. When I ran the joint we had fire safety there. It's not a problem.
4. The bleachers are only two smaller ones. Again...there are other used sets of bleachers out there that can be purchased.
And you forgot RADIOS. The ones used at the track last year are outdated and no longer able to be used because of new FCC laws. But thats a whole story for another day.
You seem to have it in your head that whoever took over the Ridge was going to be unable or capable of running the track?
Mike and Jake did a great job of running the Ridge and helping it grow. Just like Fonda Speedway that has had different promoters the same is happening at the Ridge. The Ridge was there before Mike and Jake and will be there after Mike and Jake. That's as long as this shitty economy doesn't send all the tracks in the crapper.
It sounds like your related in some way to Jake, thus the reason for the sour grapes.
And Yes, I know all about the problems with the track/property owners and the previous promoters.
I feel that its not something that is for forum chat. It's a personal matter between the parties to settle and no one else.
It also won't effect the track running in 2013. Also the Ridge ran against Malta on Fridays years ago.
Whats the difference if The Ridge, Malta and Accord run Fridays or Fonda, OCFS and the Valley run against each other on Saturdays?
For example, Walmart is open the same days and competing against K-Mart, Target and othere stores.
I always have second thoughts and regrets of bringing auto racing to the hill and wished I had kept running karts, mini mods and motorcycles there. That would have pleased more people like yourself and caused a lot less BS.
Happy Holidays.
  • Like 3

glen ridge will be fine racing the same night as malta,it will be just like its always been when theyve competed with malta, they wont surpass them in cars and crowd and all that but theyll still have cars there to race and enough crowd to make a profit. I think its kinda similar to devils bowl, malta is going to get the most cars but glen ridge and devils bowl are far enough away and have something to offer so they will still generate their share of interest.
  • Like 1

[quote name='ramspatsjags14' timestamp='1354854130' post='413593']
glen ridge will be fine racing the same night as malta,it will be just like its always been when theyve competed with malta, they wont surpass them in cars and crowd and all that but theyll still have cars there to race and enough crowd to make a profit. I think its kinda similar to devils bowl, malta is going to get the most cars but glen ridge and devils bowl are far enough away and have something to offer so they will still generate their share of interest.
[/quote]Im looking forward to the first show of 2013 at Glen Ridge. I know there are a lot of people besides myself who will be watching Friday night racing at Glen Ridge. Of course as long as Pete doesnt copy the business model of that track down the road and have a No Re-Entry Policy. We all see what that does to help fill the bleachers dont we?

You gotta give the guy achance...while several of us (officials) wont be back next season, that's strictly a business decision by the promoter. I've worked at a lot of different race tracks over the years, good and bad. It's just business. Wish him luck, because in this economy he's gonna need it.
Jim King
  • Like 1

[quote name='overrevved47' timestamp='1354963516' post='413670']
You gotta give the guy achance...while several of us (officials) wont be back next season, that's strictly a business decision by the promoter. I've worked at a lot of different race tracks over the years, good and bad. It's just business. Wish him luck, because in this economy he's gonna need it.
Jim King
[/quote]

Couldnt agree more. Lets not doom the place before it gets a chance.

DC

If Rabbitt is done at GR, I'd suggest that Howard Commander give him a call and offer him a jobon Friday nights at Malta. He'd be way, way better than Rich Peterson, who has no enthusiasm at all in the flag stand.

[b]I think Rich is a real good flagger. He can twist the flags pretty dam good.[/b]
[b]Rabbitt is also good for just getting into it at the Ridge.[/b]
[b]I think there's some other tracks that could use some better flaggers.[/b]
[b]Personally if you want to see a show in the flag stand maybe put up a brass pole and hire some girls from Tops n' Bottoms.[/b]
  • Like 1

[quote name='DougieRacer2' timestamp='1354880265' post='413596']
Im looking forward to the first show of 2013 at Glen Ridge. I know there are a lot of people besides myself who will be watching Friday night racing at Glen Ridge. Of course as long as Pete doesnt copy the business model of that track down the road and have a No Re-Entry Policy. We all see what that does to help fill the bleachers dont we?
[/quote] Lets see a Ridge post that you turn into a fonda BASH we all get it you dont like fonda Dougie not so much a racer2

NO SOUR GRAPES HERE CUSTOM I WISH PETE THE VERY BEST HE WAS A HUUUUGGGEEE HELP TO US DURING OUR STAY AT THE RIDGE. AS FAR AS OTHER MATTERS AT THIS TIME WITH THE OWNERS I HOPE WE CAN SETTLE AND EVERYONE BE HAPPY.

[quote name='The Rabbitt' timestamp='1355100896' post='413754']
Doober, if your referring to me flagging at Fonda, Im already there every Saturday night, working on a prostock....
[/quote]

Wanna work on a Sportsman Friday nights?:)