Toggle %s Dirt Track Digest Breaking News

Thank you again for you continued support of DirtTrackDigest.com.

Support Our Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

Bachetti and Corellis

Fued

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#161 stratton87

stratton87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  • Interests:racing, football, basketball, fishing, bar hoping

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

I am curious... explain how running up to Andy and pointing to the pits is a threatening manner. 

If they do that just to make an example of him, it's BS.

That official should be suspended for putting his hands on a driver, also.

I'm with Miller. You come at me like that - I don't care if you're the second coming of Jesus Christ - you're going on your ass.

according to miller it doesn't look threatening. the fist guy running up stops and is pointing to the pits and andy makes the 1st contact. then after getting pushed he retaliates.

#162 BobMiller

BobMiller

Nobody Important

• Administrators
  • 8,796 posts
  • Interests:Media member since 1984... TV camera operator for motorsports broadcasts. Cover weekly racing at Canandaigua, and Rolling Wheels as owner of NUMBER NINE MEDIA (formerly Half Fast Video).

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

according to miller it doesn't look threatening. the fist guy running up stops and is pointing to the pits and andy makes the 1st contact. then after getting pushed he retaliates.

That's EXACTLY how I see it. Pointing at the pits with your hand over your head is not the same thing as a clenched fist at your hip. He was also wearing white pants and a headset... both of which are not traditional dirt track attire to anyone UNLESS you are an official. 

Sorry. I happen to like Andy Bachetti, but I can't find a single thing to defend him on here. 

#163 JimettiBrothers

JimettiBrothers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

That's EXACTLY how I see it. Pointing at the pits with your hand over your head is not the same thing as a clenched fist at your hip. He was also wearing white pants and a headset... both of which are not traditional dirt track attire to anyone UNLESS you are an official. 

Sorry. I happen to like Andy Bachetti, but I can't find a single thing to defend him on here. 

I'm pretty certain Andy doesn't give a damn what anyone here thinks. The man was assaulted physically by a car moving in excess of 100 miles per while stopped sideways on the track at Syracuse. No knock on Britton...he demonstrated a great deal of concern for Andy by staying with the 34 until he knew Andy was ok. So Britton and Andy loose race cars and Andy is pretty severely injured because of the actions of who? Andy was in a position, he may have won that race with 9 laps to go...he had the fuel, the tires and the ability to make something happen in those closing laps. All of that was taken from him by Who? So...Andy struggles all weekend at middletown with his car but as usual, he finds a way to take a less than perfect race car to the front of the pack once again. He races DC side by side for 10 laps and never so much as touches him and finally gets by him. So a car driven by who??? drives over his front end and takes him out of a race that Andy very well could have won...once again by who? Racing is no game for Andy. Andy feeds his family racing DIRT modifieds and the same guy puts him out of the money...for no good reason? People here think this is a joke...fun and games and a big f***ing laugh and you have that right. I'm pretty sure Andy doesn't see it that way and I'd be really careful what you say to the mans face about any of this...you might find out what a race car steering wheel tastes like too! ;-)

#164 BobMiller

BobMiller

Nobody Important

• Administrators
  • 8,796 posts
  • Interests:Media member since 1984... TV camera operator for motorsports broadcasts. Cover weekly racing at Canandaigua, and Rolling Wheels as owner of NUMBER NINE MEDIA (formerly Half Fast Video).

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

He chucked the steering wheel. I doubt many here would blame him. Then he and an accomplice marched down the track armed with wads of clay and pelted the side of the Corellis car. Even though the 2nd guy had no business being on the track, I think given the circumstances, most of us might excuse this as part of racing. As I said earlier, tempers flare. 

So tell me (without using f-bombs) what the official did to deserve getting knocked on his ass. He was as innocent as Matt Sheppard was, who stopped on the track to watch. 

#165 chas71

chas71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Interests:Moving faster than anyone else.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

He chucked the steering wheel. I doubt many here would blame him. Then he and an accomplice marched down the track armed with wads of clay and pelted the side of the Corellis car. Even though the 2nd guy had no business being on the track, I think given the circumstances, most of us might excuse this as part of racing. As I said earlier, tempers flare. 

So tell me (without using f-bombs) what the official did to deserve getting knocked on his ass. He was as innocent as Matt Sheppard was, who stopped on the track to watch. 

I agree with Bob, I'm having a hard time seeing what the official did to be knocked down unless he said something inflamatory(that we can't hear).

#166 luke81

luke81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

The first few times I watched it the driver in me wanted to side with the driver here.....but this man's argument wins.  He had his moment of anger and threw something, which I also think was stupid, but then to knock a guy over is wrong.  The guy isn't threatening, but he did do something wrong.  I do think the fact that the official was close enough to get pushed means he was a little in the wrong.  After something that like the officials need to give the driver their 5 feet or so of space.  He could have told the driver the same thing from 5 feet away and there would have been no pushing at all.    

#167 bigbob7 (Bob Weaver)

bigbob7 (Bob Weaver)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

If the officials had done their job & black-flagged Corellis for an obvious intentional spin, the incident probably wouldn't have happened. They were quick to confront Bachetti but allowed Corellis to continue on.....this sport has gone to hell with all the cheating, piss-poor officiating, horse shit purses & being taken out without being able to retaliate

#168 stratton87

stratton87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

I'm pretty certain Andy doesn't give a damn what anyone here thinks. The man was assaulted physically by a car moving in excess of 100 miles per while stopped sideways on the track at Syracuse. No knock on Britton...he demonstrated a great deal of concern for Andy by staying with the 34 until he knew Andy was ok. So Britton and Andy loose race cars and Andy is pretty severely injured because of the actions of who? Andy was in a position, he may have won that race with 9 laps to go...he had the fuel, the tires and the ability to make something happen in those closing laps. All of that was taken from him by Who? So...Andy struggles all weekend at middletown with his car but as usual, he finds a way to take a less than perfect race car to the front of the pack once again. He races DC side by side for 10 laps and never so much as touches him and finally gets by him. So a car driven by who??? drives over his front end and takes him out of a race that Andy very well could have won...once again by who? Racing is no game for Andy. Andy feeds his family racing DIRT modifieds and the same guy puts him out of the money...for no good reason? People here think this is a joke...fun and games and a big f***ing laugh and you have that right. I'm pretty sure Andy doesn't see it that way and I'd be really careful what you say to the mans face about any of this...you might find out what a race car steering wheel tastes like too! ;-)

seriously? physically assaulted? it was a racing incident, not assault.

#169 Jake Spraker

Jake Spraker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

If the officials had done their job & black-flagged Corellis for an obvious intentional spin, the incident probably wouldn't have happened. They were quick to confront Bachetti but allowed Corellis to continue on.....this sport has gone to hell with all the cheating, piss-poor officiating, horse shit purses & being taken out without being able to retaliate

I'LL AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE BOB

#170 dirtbus

dirtbus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

CONGRATULATIONS SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY GETS IT!!!!

#171 dirtbus

dirtbus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

. If Andy had time to realize it was an official the guy wouldn't have been picking himself off the ground. Once Andy realized he was an official and the guy approached him a second time Andy SHOWED RESPECT AND DIDN'T KNOCK HIM OUT OF HIS SNEAKERS!!!!  I disagree and can't see any correlation between Sheppard and the official. There is no question in my mind 95% of the people in the world would have felt threatened the way that official approached Andy.

#172 chas71

chas71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Interests:Moving faster than anyone else.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

Let me ask a question.  Discounting whether you want to fight or not (in the pits or parking lot or wherever), unless this is Andy's last drive, why doesn't he have unlimited opportunities to "race him like he races me", which is the politically correct way of saying he can retaliate by (use your preferred language).

#173 BobMiller

BobMiller

Nobody Important

• Administrators
  • 8,796 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

I think you forgot one, Bob... the drivers that couldn't win a feature if they started on the pole, a full lap ahead of everyone else, and then accuse everyone else on message boards and facebook of cheating. 

#174 mikey stats

mikey stats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

seriously? physically assaulted? it was a racing incident, not assault.

coming out of the pits at almost 100mph under caution and hits Bachetti head on isnt avoidable or negligent when they have two radios on?thats driver ignorance.So who cares if the yellow is out on the track ,lets go balls out not knowing where the incident is and end up hurting a driver and destroying his equiptment because why? 

#175 stratton87

stratton87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

coming out of the pits at almost 100mph under caution and hits Bachetti head on isnt avoidable or negligent when they have two radios on?thats driver ignorance.So who cares if the yellow is out on the track ,lets go balls out not knowing where the incident is and end up hurting a driver and destroying his equiptment because why? 

ignorance yes, assault no. trust me i don't like correlis any more than you do but he didn't assault him

#176 Kimmie

Kimmie

Queen of the Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,667 posts
  • Interests:Dirt Track Racing, Boys, Sunshine, Rainbows, and Starburst Candies

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Has anyone seen any other bootleg video of the event? There isn't even anything but Bachetti on You Tube.

"To err is human.. To forgive never happens on a race forum..."

If it has testicles or tires, it's bound to be trouble........

Kimberly C. Updike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users