Toggle %s Dirt Track Digest Breaking News

Seasons Greetings from all of the Staff at Dirt Track Digest. Thank you again for you continued support of DirtTrackDigest.com.

Support Our Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

Fonda Speedway book

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 racefanvt

racefanvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Does anyone know where i might be able to purchase a copy of the Fonda Speedway book that came out roughly 10 or 12 years ago i know the costal 181 site said it is no longer in print

thanks

#2 im22racer

im22racer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:racing,snowmobileing,baseball,basketball,football,sports in general !!!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

www.coastal181.com sorry that's where I got mine ..

#3 The Rabbitt

The Rabbitt

Dirt Track Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

Check the national sprint car hall of fame.. At one time I think they had all of the costal printed books there for sale.

#4 JLehmann

JLehmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Does anyone know where i might be able to purchase a copy of the Fonda Speedway book that came out roughly 10 or 12 years ago i know the costal 181 site said it is no longer in print

thanks

I just sent Andy Fusco an e-mail to see if he has any left.  Let's see what he has to say.

John

#5 JLehmann

JLehmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

I just heard back from Andy.  He told me it shows up on e-bay every now and then and usually sells for around $100.  You might want to set up a search on e-bay.

John

#6 JLehmann

JLehmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

I just heard back from Andy.  He told me it shows up on e-bay every now and then and usually sells for around $100.  You might want to set up a search on e-bay.

John

I actually had a very nice e-mail conversation with Andy Fusco tonight.  He is (at this very minute, in fact) working on the Stafford dirt segment for a new book series which Bergie is assembling on the history of New England racing. He told me that it is very challenging, because he's only found only about ten-12 guys still alive who actually raced NASCAR mods on the dirt at Stafford.  Tough to write a book with such a limited number of sources.  So far, I've interviewed Wimble, Don Rounds, Ray Miller, Jerry Cook, Dave Lape, Andy Romano, Bugsy, Sammy Beavers, Narducci, and Irv Taylor.  He is trying to track down Meahl, Joe Tiezzi, and Rafter and he has a call into Pete Hamilton.

It sound like it will be a great book.

John Lehmann

#7 racefanvt

racefanvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

thanks everyone i will give some of these a try

#8 Jake Spraker

Jake Spraker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

WHY NOT DO A RERUN THROW IN EXTRA PAGES FOR ADS TO CUT COST WITH FONDA UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT HOPEFULLY BIGGER CROWDS YOU MIGHT SELL ALOT MORE

#9 JLehmann

JLehmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

thanks everyone i will give some of these a try

You might want to put a search on Amazon.com.   I looked last night and it only showed it as "not in stock"

#10 FightForTheRail

FightForTheRail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

I would agree with the advice to keep checking eBay and Amazon. I wanted John Sawyer's book on Rich Vogler for a while, but refused to pay the crazy prices it goes for when it does show up online. A couple months ago, a copy of the book did show up on Amazon for $3 from a used book seller.

The Vogler book is also out of print, and I had looked for a reasonably priced copy of that book for about a year before one appeared out of the blue on Amazon. I doubt the seller knew how scarce the book is, and that he could have gotten more than $3 for the book. 

#11 HowieTheHat

HowieTheHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

RacefanVT...just sent you a message

you can email me at fredjv1@embarqmail.com

#12 EVR_99

EVR_99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

I talk with Lew (on the phone in like 2011 and at the Lape tribute at Malta) and Andy (at 2012 Saratoga Museum) about trying to make the book available as an eBook. But apparently they feel the format they wrote the original book in, would to be too difficult to transfer to today‚Äôs readers. I was sure they could easily do PDF.  

#13 keithshoemaker24

keithshoemaker24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:57 AM

I have an extra copy i would be willing to sell for the going price ive seen on ebay in the past call me if interested. 

Keith Shoemaker 518-775-3325

#14 Burger

Burger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Keep your eyes open at smaller bookstores, I picked up a 2nd copy for a friend last year at the bookstore located inside the Old Forge Hardware Store! Never know where there might be another copy laying around!

Michael S. Rhodes

#15 Wiseguy

Wiseguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

Try , The Book Hound, in Amsterdam 518-842-7504 also on facebook.or The Book Hound.net

#16 HowieTheHat

HowieTheHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

I had made the offer to RacefanVT to sell him the Fonda book (it's in absolutely perfect condition) for what I paid for it back when I purchased it while at DIRT Week a number of years ago. I offered the purchased price plus shipping. However, when I went to take a look at it to ascertain what I paid...I couldn't discern the actual price. I can't imagine I paid more than $25 or $30 for it. So it would be that plus shipping. He replied to me that he would get back to me a week or so after Christmas and that time frame is creeping up. I really have no need for it and will make the offer to anyone else or to the highest bidder. Hell, I could probably make much more on it by selling it on E-Bay. My brother is heavily into that and he could do the selling for me. But I would rather have someone from the forum get to enjoy it.

#17 HowieTheHat

HowieTheHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

You know what...I have just been informed of how much it has been listed for on E-Bay and I might be crazy to ask just the purchase price plus shipping for this book. I am willing to listen to offers, and really, I am not in this to rake others over the coals...I just have no need for the book. I might be inclined to investgate the E-bay route if I don't get any decent offers here. I understand that there is no way that this book will ever be published again, so what is out there is it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users