Exactly.  I always thought racing was about going fast.  I never understood the slick trackers.

The most fun I ever had racing was driving it in as hard as you had the sack for, burping the throttle to get it pointed in the direction you want to go, and putting it back on the mat.  Then do it again a couple of seconds later.

• Like 2

I prefer a track with multiple racing grooves....that is racing.
  • Like 1

yes, but fast ones. Not dry and slick ones.

• Like 2

Oh I love the fast, tacky tracks. Problem is..there's some drivers that can't handle an extremely fast track and then you get wrecks. Even the fast, aggressive drivers can get in trouble when the speeds are too high for some of the tracks there racing at.  Fast yes...But there is that line you can cross and its just plain to fast. Local racers can't afford tracks that will cost them money they don't have because the surface is either extremely, on the edge tacky or super fast. A weekly track like that will end up with low car counts because car owners will go broke.

• Like 2

I like fast, Multi groove tacky tracks because it makes guys that can be fast, fast even if they miss the set up some. I rather see guys like stew and bobby work for it than just drive by guys. You got guys like them that are really good most of the time and are going to be up front at the end. There are other guys that are really good but maybe can't get it dialed in on a slick track so the tacky track equalizes them out a little more. Hell I'm a guy that wants to see 25 different winners in 25 events. Make them star drivers work a little bit.

Yes, it does make for heavier crashes , that's why some guys need to be more aware of what's going on around them. Most don't realize how fast it is until you crash / OOOPS - TO LATE 

• Like 4

bobby did samething to stewie fri night at glen ridge.squeezed stew down after restart in turn 1.only difference is stewie didn't wreck or act like an ass afterwards.

Hey I saw Joe do something to Fred two weeks ago on a Saturday during a rainstorm.
  • Like 1

bobby did samething to stewie fri night at glen ridge.squeezed stew down after restart in turn 1.only difference is stewie didn't wreck or act like an ass afterwards.

Hey I saw Joe do something to Fred two weeks ago on a Saturday during a rainstorm.

Oh hey 33fan, if you saw that, you must have seen stewie slam bobby to get by him in the first place, right?  Or  did you miss that? 

• Like 5

WHY DO ALL YOU VARIN HATERS ALWYAYS WATCH VARIN??? WHY DONT YOU WATCH YOUR FAVORITE DRIVER?? DRIVERS I HATE, I DONT WATCH UNLESS VARIN IS BLOWING BY THEM!

• Like 1

If that was a heat race , I'm liking how the track looks. I see why it was so good for the feature. Don't really care who hit who !

The track was too fast. Mods in the 18's. 602's in the high 19's. When you get those speeds, you get more wrecks.

MATTY, SHAME ON YOU AND YOUR CREW FOR PREPAIRING A SMOOTH FAST SURFACE, DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

• Like 2

Lmao.... Hopefully Matty can give us that super fast "dangerous" track the rest of the year...
It's racing, it's supposed to be fast...
  • Like 7

If that was a heat race , I'm liking how the track looks. I see why it was so good for the feature. Don't really care who hit who !

The track was too fast. Mods in the 18's. 602's in the high 19's. When you get those speeds, you get more wrecks.

MATTY, SHAME ON YOU AND YOUR CREW FOR PREPAIRING A SMOOTH FAST SURFACE, DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

There's a difference between a "smooth fast surface" and the way most tacky tracks seem to turn out, which is rough and rutted.  A track can never be too sticky for me as long as it's reasonably smooth.  I'll take smooth and sticky allllll day!!  But give me a choice between dry slick and a cornfield I'll take the slick track.  

• Like 1

Track is never to fast, Drivers need to be more aware of there surroundings and speeds. Everyone likes fast racetracks. JMO

you've never been to OCFS in the last 4 or 5 years.  when it was a 23 second track plenty of racing.  now that its a 21 second track no passing I disagree with the fast racetrack part 

• Like 1

There is a "happy medium" when it comes to track conditions.  Some drivers and fans like it fast and tacky and others like it really dry and slick.  I personally like it in between that, where you have 2, maybe 3, lanes that work and the drivers actually have to move around and find what is the fastest for their car/set-up that night.  Or have to change lanes and their driving style briefly to get by the car in front of them.  The Ridge has had success with this in the past where the bottom is a little drier and slower and the top has a nice cushion that is quicker and equals everything out.

I agree with Justin and others that fast and tacky is exactly that, FAST...and fun to drive, but it takes most of the "driver" out of the equation because we are basically flat footing it around the racetrack and its tough to pass unless your car is a lot better than the car in front of you.  Dry and slick is tough because you usually end up with one groove around the bottom, and maybe one or two guys who can make their car work through the middle.  Boring as a driver and boring as a fan in my opinion.

Please keep supporting your local tracks…we and they need you!

Jimmy Becker #9

• Like 2

How about putting Marc Johnson in that car? Just about the same talent level without all of the drama.

• Like 3

How about putting Marc Johnson in that car? Just about the same talent level without all of the drama.

6 posts from this guy and not one of them Intelligent
  • Like 3

I like Marc Johnson and he probably will have a good ride like that one day but it is not like he has never had drama.  Remember the Bruno incident at Malta when Marc drove through the infield and smashed into Bruno?  Marc's drama isn't weekly though like it has been lately for BV.

First fact...On the Greene / Varin deal in turn 1 on the restart...All Greene's doing , cut and dry...Do I know if there was a preliminary incident...No...

Second fact...Let me assure you that the charge from rear of the 1J was anything but clean...He would have totalled Jakes car twice  running others into the wall coming out of 4 if the other drivers didn't let off...

The "I'm pissed off show" by him is getting old in a hurry...

First fact...On the Greene / Varin deal in turn 1 on the restart...All Greene's doing , cut and dry...Do I know if there was a preliminary incident...No...

Second fact...Let me assure you that the charge from rear of the 1J was anything but clean...He would have totalled Jakes car twice  running others into the wall coming out of 4 if the other drivers didn't let off...

The "I'm pissed off show" by him is getting old in a hurry...

JMO But it seems to me where Darwin has damage he was ahead of Bobby by atleast 2/3ths of a car. If Darwin did cut down on Bobby the way everybody thinks Bobby could have backed out going in and just waited till the next turn to go by Darwin. Again JMO cause I do like both drivers.

[URL=http://s263.photobucket.com/user/jolly823/media/536455c9-c20b-469e-a00a-ac5543cf19ba_zps3ccd829c.jpg.html]536455c9-c20b-469e-a00a-ac5543cf19ba_zps[/URL]

Second fact...Let me assure you that the charge from rear of the 1J was anything but clean...He would have totalled Jakes car twice running others into the wall coming out of 4 if the other drivers didn't let off...

The "I'm pissed off show" by him is getting old in a hurry...

JMO But it seems to me where Darwin has damage he was ahead of Bobby by atleast 2/3ths of a car. If Darwin did cut down on Bobby the way everybody thinks Bobby could have backed out going in and just waited till the next turn to go by Darwin. Again JMO cause I do like both drivers.

536455c9-c20b-469e-a00a-ac5543cf19ba_zps
he wasn't clear of the 1j he went from the top to the bottom ....I see your name on greens car a little biased are we

Second fact...Let me assure you that the charge from rear of the 1J was anything but clean...He would have totalled Jakes car twice running others into the wall coming out of 4 if the other drivers didn't let off...

he wasn't clear of the 1j he went from the top to the bottom ....I see your name on greens car a little biased are we

No cause I did say I like both drivers

They dont have spotters. Sometimes you think you beat a guy and sometimes you dont. Happens

6 posts from this guy and not one of them Intellegent

here we go again mr. policeman of the racing world. he's entitled to his opinion just like i was a few posts back. why can't you just except his opinion as well as mine on this forum? it's a shame we are not all a genius as you proclaim your self to be. we are all here  the same as you, but you have to in your mind dig and probe to call someone out just because he like many others on this site, just want to make a statement. your turn, let it rip have a great day

• Like 1