They could have run the remaining 89 laps and let those with a ticket/wristband in for free to see what they paid for.

They wanted to make some more money, so they didn't do the above. So, how do we get the originals back and make it look like we're giving them something. Oh, I know, add a 35 lapper and charge everyone $10.

For those who paid $24 and now will pay $10 more and think it's a great deal, well, I give you credit because I think it's just a money grab.

Funny thing is, if they let the original ticket holders in for free and charged everyone new $10, they would still do still just fine. But, they wanted to do better than just fine.

Exactly. It's still a business ya know? The idea is to try and make money. They could of done a lot of things , heck they could of let everyone in free. Syracuse did some years back. Instead they chose the option that a lot of events have done. Half completed rain check void. Add feature to another show. I got no money invested and probably won't be going this time either. Just not seeing what the shock and awe is here. If they have a show next year and nobody goes, well then I guess they screwed up. But I'm thinking that will probably not be the case. I have heard a lot of people say they should pay the sportsman more too. How's that been working out?

Now the sportsman purse is certainly an issue that seems to be completely unfair. I guess that's and issue for the drivers to address, not sure the fans could have an impact without affecting all divisions.

They could have run the remaining 89 laps and let those with a ticket/wristband in for free to see what they paid for.

They wanted to make some more money, so they didn't do the above. So, how do we get the originals back and make it look like we're giving them something. Oh, I know, add a 35 lapper and charge everyone $10.

For those who paid $24 and now will pay $10 more and think it's a great deal, well, I give you credit because I think it's just a money grab.

Funny thing is, if they let the original ticket holders in for free and charged everyone new $10, they would still do still just fine. But, they wanted to do better than just fine.

Exactly. It's still a business ya know? The idea is to try and make money. They could of done a lot of things , heck they could of let everyone in free. Syracuse did some years back. Instead they chose the option that a lot of events have done. Half completed rain check void. Add feature to another show. I got no money invested and probably won't be going this time either. Just not seeing what the shock and awe is here. If they have a show next year and nobody goes, well then I guess they screwed up. But I'm thinking that will probably not be the case. I have heard a lot of people say they should pay the sportsman more too. How's that been working out?

Now the sportsman purse is certainly an issue that seems to be completely unfair. I guess that's and issue for the drivers to address, not sure the fans could have an impact without affecting all divisions.
they keep coming back

Now the sportsman purse is certainly an issue that seems to be completely unfair. I guess that's and issue for the drivers to address, not sure the fans could have an impact without affecting all divisions.
they keep coming back

your right

they keep coming back
Maybe the Sportsman, like yourself and others here, don't think thery're being taken advantage of. You're going back. You can't understand why they keep going back, but you berate myself and others for saying we won't support Brett again. Fool me once...

they keep coming back

Maybe the Sportsman, like yourself and others here, don't think thery're being taken advantage of. You're going back. You can't understand why they keep going back, but you berate myself and others for saying we won't support Brett again. Fool me once...

You could be very well right about the Sportsman Bob. That's pretty much the point I was making. I never said I don't understand it. I don't need to. And I have never been to A/S. But maybe I should go just in case it closes.

Lets try looking at it this way... you got tickets to see the Rolling Stones.  You go get to see the warm up band and the stones take the stage.. they play 1 song and the power goes out.  Would you be content to let the show promoter charge you again to get back into the show?

Dirtbus . I agree Howard is a great business man as well as Brett but right is right and wrong is wrong. They should have had a more fair solution for those who gutted it out the first time.. JMO.

• Like 2

Lets try looking at it this way... you got tickets to see the Rolling Stones.  You go get to see the warm up band and the stones take the stage.. they play 1 song and the power goes out.  Would you be content to let the show promoter charge you again to get back into the show?

Dirtbus . I agree Howard is a great business man as well as Brett but right is right and wrong is wrong. They should have had a more fair solution for those who gutted it out the first time.. JMO.

They are not being charged again for the SDS. That's the part you don't get. I give up. LMFAO
  • Like 1

They are not being charged again for the SDS. That's the part you don't get. I give up. LMFAO

They should have the option to see the finish then decide if they want to pay for a 35 lap race.  

• Like 2

It just occurred to me that you people sound like an infomercial. "Act now, and we'll send you one for free!!" " just pay shipping and processing!!!"

It just occurred to me that you people sound like an infomercial. "Act now, and we'll send you one for free!!" " just pay shipping and processing!!!"

:haha:  :haha:  :haha:  :haha:  :haha:  :haha:  :tease:  :tease:  :tease:  :tease:

At the end of the day all we can do is talk about it.. Brett and the track have issued prices . I hope everyone who goes has a great time and to those who choose to stay away.. i fought that battle a few years ago and time has moved on...

:haha:  :haha:  :haha:  :haha:  :haha:  :tease:  :tease: :tease:  

Currently the forecast is 80% chance of rain on the 30th

That's not the end of the world, at least I will save $10, god knows how much $10 means. For some people it buys food for others it buys an opportunity to make a fool of yourself!! :tease:  :tease: :preved:  :preved:  :hi:  :hi:  

That's not the end of the world, at least I will save $10, god knows how much $10 means. For some people it buys food for others it buys an opportunity to make a fool of yourself!! :tease:  :tease: :preved:  :preved:  :hi:  :hi:  

and a fool and his money are soon parted...

• Like 1

and a fool and his money are soon parted...

My ex wife told me that 25 years ago, right after I made my first million, guess what, it only got better!!!!! :nyam:  :nyam:  :nyam:  :nyam:

I think both sides of this debate have valid arguments. It really would be nice for the track to honor the bracelets for even a small amount, because as we left the track that rainy night that's exactly what we were told over the PA would happen when we came back. Kinda cheesy that no mention of it was made when they officially rescheduled. On the other hand it's only $10 to see what should be an amazing show. I've only been following dirt racing for 2 years and getting a chance to see all the top drivers together is something I don't want to miss. I actually think the track is losing out because if they added another division or two like pro stocks along with the extra 35 lapper they could've charged $20 to newcomers and $10 for returners with bracelets and probably would've had less complaints and made even more money.

BTW, it's not gonna rain, again. See ya there. Can't wait!

• Like 2

but at the same time they are being charged $10 again to see the SDS

I think both sides of this debate have valid arguments. It really would be nice for the track to honor the bracelets for even a small amount, because as we left the track that rainy night that's exactly what we were told over the PA would happen when we came back. Kinda cheesy that no mention of it was made when they officially rescheduled. On the other hand it's only $10 to see what should be an amazing show. I've only been following dirt racing for 2 years and getting a chance to see all the top drivers together is something I don't want to miss. I actually think the track is losing out because if they added another division or two like pro stocks along with the extra 35 lapper they could've charged $20 to newcomers and $10 for returners with bracelets and probably would've had less complaints and made even more money.

BTW, it's not gonna rain, again. See ya there. Can't wait!

that would make for a long night though, and if you ran the mods first id wonder if there would even be any track left for the prostocks

They really should throw a bone to the people that supported them on the original date even though we all knew it was going to rain out, but I have no problem paying $10. for that show. It'd sure be nice to trade the wristband in for a free beer or something though lol.

That's a real good idea. But what about those who don't even drink beer eh?

Free hot dog and soda, it doesn't matter, it's the thought (or lack thereof) that counts.