I love to see the small guy win but I have heard drivers complain about how rough mark gets. Tonight was a good example apparently. How many times have u seen Brett or Kenny stuff somebody for the win?

When you pass someone on the outside you have the greater momentum and usually pass down the straightaway.

The track apparently felt it wasn't intentional contact.

What is it with these newbies and the #$%&--+ up posts? Just cuz a guy cuts you off repeatedly doesn't mean you bury him in the wall! There are other ways of dealing with it if you are faster. The ol' bump and run going into a corner works well. I have used and its been done to me. Nobody wrecks a car. You DONT deserve to win if you have to wreck the guy in front of you for it. Fastest car doesn't always win. And it wasn't about points, obviously.

Calling me a newbie doesn't make your point valid. Just makes you look like a #$%&--+. It wasn't Marc putting him into the wall. That was my point. Marc was faster, got to the outside and the 673 tried cutting him off again. That's what caused the wreck.

Ya gotta look at how you worded it then. I am sure I am not the only one who thinks that. Besides, we have seen Marc get a little rough. I am not the only one to see that as well. And your icon really says it all. It is what it is. I would like to see the video then. BTW, been called way worse on here. Lol.

... we have seen Marc get a little rough. I am not the only one to see that as well.

Maybe you could give us a couple examples.

I have a video copy of every race Marc has run since 2003.

Marc is not a rough rider.

He does all the work and setups on his cars himself.

• Like 5

What is it with these newbies and the #$%&--+ up posts? Just cuz a guy cuts you off repeatedly doesn't mean you bury him in the wall! There are other ways of dealing with it if you are faster. The ol' bump and run going into a corner works well. I have used and its been done to me. Nobody wrecks a car. You DONT deserve to win if you have to wreck the guy in front of you for it. Fastest car doesn't always win. And it wasn't about points, obviously.

Calling me a newbie doesn't make your point valid. Just makes you look like a #$%&--+. It wasn't Marc putting him into the wall. That was my point. Marc was faster, got to the outside and the 673 tried cutting him off again. That's what caused the wreck.
Ya gotta look at how you worded it then. I am sure I am not the only one who thinks that. Besides, we have seen Marc get a little rough. I am not the only one to see that as well. And your icon really says it all. It is what it is. I would like to see the video then. BTW, been called way worse on here. Lol.

Wow I've never thought of Johnson of rough driving but maybe that's a case of when you run up front every week people will get mad. After watching the patience the 3J had with 66 all through the first feature I'm shocked ppl are saying the 3J roughs guys up. The 66 was pushing him off the back stretch and through the infield every time he got near him and the 3J stayed off him the whole time. I think most guys would've sent the 66 into the woods.
  • Like 4

I wouldn't normally bother posting on this matter but there are a few inaccuracies I'd like to clear up.

First it would have been hard for me to cut off Marc during the Big Show when he was running ahead of me. We restarted the race in 24th and were making good progress up through the field when I got to Marc. At the same time I was trying to pass him he was trying to pass the 66. I followed him for around 10 laps or so and there were numerous times I could've easily punted him out of the way but I didn't because I really try to not race that way if at all possible. There was a restart that I got a good run on the inside of him down the backstretch. He dove to the bottom entering turn 3 and we banged into each other. I immediatlely got off the gas and let him gather his car back up. The next lap I got a run on the outside of him and finally got around him in 3 and 4. Shortly thereafter we broke and were out of the race.

In the final feature we were leading on 2 restarts that Marc was next to me. Each time I took off on the restart I didn't see him anymore. I will be the first to tell you we probably didn't have the fastest car. We were a little loose, BUT that does not mean I wasn't going to try and win the race. I never saw Marc and the one thing I have learned racing with the best in the business, Bob McCreadie, Alan Johnson, Jack Johnson, Brett Hearn, etc. is that if the driver of the front running car can't see the car trying to pass him he has the right to drive where he wants on the track. Once I got the lead I ran a few different lines in the turns trying to find speed but I pretty much exited the same way on each end of the track and it was the same line pretty much everybody else runs there. If there was any way that I would've known Marc was there on the outside of me I would've given him room. I wasn't being niave, I assumed Marc was fast but until I could actually see him I had no idea where he was running.

• Like 19

Thanks Gary for the post.

I'm sure you didn't know Marc was outside of you.

I didn't see you cutting Marc off in the BB feature either.

Marc feels bad. I just talked with him.

He's up at the hospital now waiting for his first child(son) to be born.

Heard there was a big fight in the pits tonight?

The stands too... Over seats

Not possible.

Bob Baldwin was having a massive boycott.

• Like 1

Heard there was a big fight in the pits tonight?

The stands too... Over seats

Not possible.

Bob Baldwin was having a massive boycott.
I tried to get the race community together and prevent this type of greed by promoters. It failed. Would I do it again. Without a doubt. Enjoy the races.

Did someone put Kenny Tremont and the word fight in the same sentence? Wow.... did not see that happening...

Did someone put Kenny Tremont and the word fight in the same sentence? Wow.... did not see that happening...

I didn't know the Big Show 6 was at Glen Ridge.  Oh me, oh my.  And I missed it.  :shout:  :D

from what I saw marc wasn't even to his right rear yet just to the outside of his corner panel and I don't have nothing against marc or gary. but then in the next instance they black flag ronca off the track for spinning bellinger a little inconsistency there on the flag calling

They said during the race that they watched the replay, the 3J had the line, then the 673 came up into him. After coming to that conclusion watching the replay how could you black flag him? 673 drove into the 3J, the guy that got the worst of the whole incident was Friesen

In the morning we can see what the Bobco video shows.

It happened right in front of them.

I'm surprised no other videos have popped up yet.

WHAT VIDEO DID YOU SEE 

Not quite sure if you were there or not...but Marc showed INCREDIBLE patience with the 673.Marc tried the outside(and had him beat) and tried the low side (also had him beat).  Everytime he saw Marc coming along side of him, he would make a point to block his line. Those outsider Big Blocks came in trying to push the regulars around it it backfired for the 673. Anybody that thinks Marc is a rough driver obviously doesn't go to Malta very often.

• Like 3

this was a very interesting night, lots of damaged equipment in the second main.as for marc Johnson I would like to think it was racing and gary didnt know he was there.but as for the Tremont incident this kid had it coming.i"ve watched Kenny race for over 30 years and never seen him so mad. I wouldn't call it a fight but he was in the wright kids car giving him a lecture hands may have been used,never ever seen Kenny swing at any one before.this is caused because the kid doesn't care who he runs into.he should have been takin care of by officials before but they just let him continue to crash people and Kenny was just trying to instill a little sense in him. the next incident took place on track with bodie bellinger as he spins after contact with ronca after running over roncas front end. then runs into ronca on caution then ronca is sent to the pits? then bellingers father then goes into roncas trailer to start a fight that didn't work well so he heads back to his trailer a little worse for the wear. its time lyle does something or just brings in mma fights..time to do something to the track asphalt showing in turn 1-2 again.

• Like 5

I was right at the flagger stand, I don't have a dog in this fight so this is just my opinion. Marc was faster no doubt, but what he did should have put him to the back, get got in to Gary's right rear and just kept pushing him around, never lifted and just turned him around. Plus I feel he jumped the start few laps later with Jimmy Phelps who was actually the leader at the time. Again I don't know Marc and I'm all for the low buck guys getting the W just how he did it last night..........smh

I was right at the flagger stand, I don't have a dog in this fight so this is just my opinion. Marc was faster no doubt, but what he did should have put him to the back, get got in to Gary's right rear and just kept pushing him around, never lifted and just turned him around. Plus I feel he jumped the start few laps later with Jimmy Phelps who was actually the leader at the time. Again I don't know Marc and I'm all for the low buck guys getting the W just how he did it last night..........smh

Jimmy was not the leader... the lap was not complete...

• Like 2

Ya Phelps never lead.  He got by Marc on the high side after a caution but the caution came right back out putting Marc back on point.  Marc moved up a lane after that (very smart move).

Didn't you see Gary posted and said he would have given him room...didn't know he was there.  This seems to be a Malta thing more than other tracks.  We see it a couple times a year (cars coming together off 4 like that).  Guys like Hearn usually lift or slam on the brakes to avoid a wreck.  Guys like RJ not so much...it hasn't worked out for him.  Usually results in the outside car doing a fun little wall ride for the fans to watch.  It worked out for Marc (he was further back than most resulting in Gary getting turned, yeah Marc could've lifted, it happens quick I'm sure though and probably hoped he knew he was there up top...barely). 

Much respect to Gary for posting.  Cool.

• Like 3

Forgot about that, they announced Jimmy was the leader and Marc fired first by a lot. He had 3 car lengths on him at the flag stand.

There is no way Gary was trying to cut Marc off, There is no way to know where somebody is unless they get to your door, and even though we were watching them run close, Marc wasn't at his door, ever, so Gary has no way to know where he is. Put a helmet on and sit in one of these cars with belts on, you can only see from the doors forward, and depending on your seat a lot of times you see even less on the right side.
  • Like 1

Not quite sure if you were there or not...but Marc showed INCREDIBLE patience with the 673.Marc tried the outside(and had him beat) and tried the low side (also had him beat).  Everytime he saw Marc coming along side of him, he would make a point to block his line. Those outsider Big Blocks came in trying to push the regulars around it it backfired for the 673. Anybody that thinks Marc is a rough driver obviously doesn't go to Malta very often.

That's how I saw it too. Just cause you didn't mean to block doesn't mean you weren't blocking. Gary said it himself that he had a loose car, was running different lines, knew he was slower and was doing his best to win the race. I'm sure he didn't see Marc, but it wasn't the first time Marc came up trying to pass. Something was bound to happen especially when you're running all over the track. Just a racing incident, but to say Marc should've been black flagged or that he's a rough driver is absolutely ludicrous. 

Good racing Gary.  I was rooting for you and RJ,  but my heart was rootin for Pat Ward after losing his Dad recently.

And for the record,  I have been watching Gary Tompkins since he started modified racing and have never seen him purposely "dump" anyone.  To me,  he is the "Mark Martin" of Dirt Modified racing. 

• Like 5

What will the call be for Kenny by DIRTcar as far as fighting, did the kid deserve it, hell yea he also got into Pat Ward hard down the back stretch. Kenny Tremont is one hell of a nice guy and never seems to get rattled, guess he had enough. Also does anyone know how old Wright is, seems there could be some problems in that area as I thought he was still in high school. Congrats to Marc J on a great drive and to Gary for clearing up what happened as both drivers are a class act. We sit in the stands week in and week out and watch Marc come from deep in the pack and never see him getting into anyone, the kid works hard and does a great job with what money they have and for those who thinks he is rough you really cant be serious. They teched the 3J and the 3J only, what happens if he was found to be illegal as Phelps had all ready left the track does he get the money without going through tech.

• Like 3