Forgot about that, they announced Jimmy was the leader and Marc fired first by a lot. He had 3 car lengths on him at the flag stand.

There is no way Gary was trying to cut Marc off, There is no way to know where somebody is unless they get to your door, and even though we were watching them run close, Marc wasn't at his door, ever, so Gary has no way to know where he is. Put a helmet on and sit in one of these cars with belts on, you can only see from the doors forward, and depending on your seat a lot of times you see even less on the right side.

Maybe I had a lot of dirt in my eyes, but to say that Marc wasn't at his door "ever" is incorrect from where I was watching. Marc got nearly side by side with him a couple of times before the incident in turn 1 even happened. Gary knew he was there.

Yea it was announced that phelps took the lead. I thought it was strange jimmy would pick the bottom on a restart. Then have Marc fire so much earlier.

I read Gary's comments and would not expect anything but a professional answer which what he gave. And I'm not saying anything bad about Marc at all. I haven't seen him race all year, but I am reminded of what Rick Mears once said, it is the over taking cars responsibility not to cause a wreck. I think Marc could have backed off and avoided contact, at least where I was sitting. Instead he continued to take the 673 around. Not that he intentionally dumped him or was rough riding but because of the accident felt like it was a lil more then a just racing deal and should have been penalized. Again JMO
  • Like 1

It looked to me like a racing deal. The 673 was doing his job sliding up out of turn four to stop any advances by the 3j. I don't think Marc had enough time to lift and if he did Phelps would have ran him over.   On a side note I have two complaints about last night, one who ever designed the grandstands need a throat punch and the track looks narrow, put the jersey barriers back in, make it three lanes again. Other than that it was a great night, packed house!

• Like 1

Yea it was announced that phelps took the lead. I thought it was strange jimmy would pick the bottom on a restart. Then have Marc fire so much earlier.

I read Gary's comments and would not expect anything but a professional answer which what he gave. And I'm not saying anything bad about Marc at all. I haven't seen him race all year, but I am reminded of what Rick Mears once said, it is the over taking cars responsibility not to cause a wreck. I think Marc could have backed off and avoided contact, at least where I was sitting. Instead he continued to take the 673 around. Not that he intentionally dumped him or was rough riding but because of the accident felt like it was a lil more then a just racing deal and should have been penalized. Again JMO

I cant understand why were still arguing over this. It was a racing deal. Both Gary and Marc are clean drivers. I think we can all agree on that

• Like 1

He was on his outside of him a couple times in turn1 but in the middle of the turn, there is no way Gary could see him.

Did anyone see what Brett Wright posted on Facebook, that punk is dilusional. Kenny Tremont is as classy as they come and one of the best ever in this area.
  • Like 1

I read this and 2 things come to mind...

1. Glen Ridge is the Bowman Gray of NY? :lol:

2. Im free on Friday nights <insert shameless plug here>

• Like 1

I would have to believe Gary, especially after seeing him race so many times. And he has a lot of laps with Barefoot, Alan and Jack and he knows how those guys raced side by side with him.  As far as Kenny goes, I heard he in fact beat the living crap out of Gasket one night when Gasket came into his hauler for an interview. lol.

As far as Kenny goes, I heard he in fact beat the living crap out of Gasket one night when Gasket came into his hauler for an interview. lol.

Well that would be understandable if anyone did it.

Sitting by the pit gate I only got dirt on me maybe 3 times all night.

Someone that sat down on the other end of the track posted this to Kim Duell's wall.

I was surprised to see there was an empty seat.

10411235_10152264562291623_5814766556422

It was definitely dusty last night, we sat at the end of the front stretch/beginning of turn 1 and we were pretty dirty too. Dirtiest I've been there in a long time.

Sitting by the pit gate I only got dirt on me maybe 3 times all night.

Someone that sat down on the other end of the track posted this to Kim Duell's wall.

I was surprised to see there was an empty seat.

10411235_10152264562291623_5814766556422

2 features and dust all for ten dollars... you guys were right... it was a deal.

It looked to me Mark and Gary were switching lanes that's when contact was made totally a racing deal. The Wright kid should be kicked out and go to Glen ridge and beat and bang with car's.

It looked to me like a racing deal. The 673 was doing his job sliding up out of turn four to stop any advances by the 3j. I don't think Marc had enough time to lift and if he did Phelps would have ran him over.   On a side note I have two complaints about last night, one who ever designed the grandstands need a throat punch and the track looks narrow, put the jersey barriers back in, make it three lanes again. Other than that it was a great night, packed house!

i couldnt agree more with everything you just said

• Like 1

I found it funny that after the race all people were talking about was the dust. Shaking it off, and just looking at the seats. I couldnt believe it lol. It was dusty as hell, not a dust complainer, just didnt expect it to be that dusty lap 1. lol

And again are we gonna talk about every single wreck now on DTD? Trying to find out who wrecked who? These guys are racing, and contact happens. Not like every driver means to hit or spin someone. Marc & Tompkins was just racing for the lead and made contact which ended up end Tompkins night, if Tompkins kept going if he could have we wont even be talking about it

from what I saw marc wasn't even to his right rear yet just to the outside of his corner panel and I don't have nothing against marc or gary. but then in the next instance they black flag ronca off the track for spinning bellinger a little inconsistency there on the flag calling

Agreed100%

• Like 1

I'm sorry Dave, but I just can't agree with you at all on this.  Fact: Gary was the leader; Fact; Marc was  2nd.  If you take out the leader, you go to the rear.  Period.  You may have a faster car, but if it ain't fast enough to pass the leader without taking him out, you ain't fast enough. Period.

• Like 3

I'm sorry Dave, but I just can't agree with you at all on this.  Fact: Gary was the leader; Fact; Marc was  2nd.  If you take out the leader, you go to the rear.  Period.  You may have a faster car, but if it ain't fast enough to pass the leader without taking him out, you ain't fast enough. Period.

but it wasnt viewed as he "took out the leader" its viewed as a racing incident. Im not sure how when someone holds their line on the outside down the straightaway you can say they caused the wreck.

There are no mirrors, this isn't nascar with spotters, how is the car in front supposed to know the guy BEHIND him is holding his line.

Exactly.

Marc may not have made the move that caused the wreck but he also didn't avoid it by lifting either. And he clearly wasn't far enough along side Gary that they just rubbed rails so, as has been said in this thread before, it's on the overtaking car to make a clean pass.

Just saw the video. Marc had a great run coming off turn 4, committed to the outside and the 673 tried pinching him up against the wall. Maybe he didn't know he was up there, maybe he did. Hard to tell but sure looks like he was trying to block him. Gary didn't exactly make a clean pass on Don Ronca earlier to take the lead. Marc could've done the same thing to Gary before the incident, but chose to back off when Gary pinched him to the inside. When your game is protecting the lead with a slower car by using the entire track and blocking the cars behind you then somethings bound to happen and it did. 

I think the Wright kid should stay at Malta where its dusty and narrow.  The Ridge is too fast for him. Next time I go to Malta Im going to sit more towards turn one. I usually sit a little to the left of the flagger and most times I cant look towards turn 4 because it is really dusty. I do like the place but I think they need to make it wider.

• Like 1