Sign in to follow this  

Tonight at Mohawk its a regular show plus the TUSA Mod Lite series. These little cars always put on a pretty good show and now with some invaders its going to be even better. And for all the Canadian fans, show your ID at the gate and get $4 off the price of admission. Its August and the point standings are very close in many divisions. See you all there!

I really enjoyed the show last night! Very competitive racing in all divisions. $12 admission was reasonable and the show was good, decent crowd.

Good announcers, too. :)

Only my second race of the season anywhere (both at MIR) -- great fields, great racing, track was very racy.

Will definitely be back for the Pro Stock show on Aug 15 -- $12 for the four regular divisions plus the Pro Stock tour plus a full show for 358 Mods, Sportsman, Mod Lites and Bandits.

(Looking at the schedule, it will probably be my last visit for the year though...adding that extra admission cost so often -- $15-20 for the local series races, $35 for the SuperDIRT tours -- it's just too much money for my wife and I by the time we get around to discretionary spending.)

Both Sportsman and Mod features were awesome, battles right to the finish line for the wins. Mod Lites were great with the TUSA tour in town, enough cars to fill up the track.

The Mod Lite division is coming along nicely, a few more local drivers every week and the class will have a solid field...should be on really solid footing by next year.

The Bandit division had some great racing, but at just 8-10 cars a week (I check the results even if I'm not there every week), I really wonder if MIR should consider trying to create an alternative class or something.

With all the new Sportsman drivers, I'm glad MIR is giving the Sportsman guys extra long consis so the newer drivers get a lot more track time, good call.

I am amazed at how consistently good the track prep is these days and how easy on equipment MIR is for a track its size -- I remember in the 90s when it was always heavy and tacky. While it was fast, Frogtown DEVOURED race cars, destroying 2-3 a week. Now, there just aren't a lot of wrecks, there have been at least a pair of Mod features that went caution free and not a lot of equipment gets torn up -- I think MIR deserves a ton of credit for having a very driveable, raceable track each and every week .

Still not a fan of the extended intermission -- heats were done by 8:30, then an hour to run two sportsman consis, hot laps, track prep, first feature wasn't on the track until 10 PM. Still, the features were run along quickly and show was done by 11 PM. I understand that track prep is a necessary evil and nobody left early, but it sure feels like these breaks just kill the momentum of the racing program.

Overall, great solid show. Will definitely be back...

• Like 1

Bill....you'd better save some money so that you can be there Sep 12 (or 13th)....

Bill....you'd better save some money so that you can be there Sep 12 (or 13th)..

Yeah, looking over the schedule, Sept. 12th is a MUST see now that I've thought about it -- $30 is a bit more than I really want to pay, but SuperDIRT 358s, Sportsman tour and the Go Nuclear Crate Late Models means three awesome divisions in action, it will be worth it.

If there is a good bargain on a weekend combo pass I would pick that up, too.

Thinking about, I did whine about the track's prices...but on the other hand, Mohawk produces a lot of great racing pretty consistently.

Last week, three of the four features had the two leaders battling side-by-side for the win right up until the final turn. Three-wide battles for position were happening all night and the teams had a track they could RACE on so they didn't tear up a lot of cars.

That is a pretty regular occurance at MIR...sure, you need some motor ($$) there...but the track is consistenly multi-groove so the drivers can race on it and not tear up a ton of equipment.

• Like 2

what about sportsman feature corey wheelman wheeler pushing the lap car across the finish line for the victory and destroying a left front tire and rim in the process...and don't forget the 2 great  flagmen

• Like 1