Sign in to follow this  
js616

Fri Aug 8th at "The Ridge"

This week is Checkers Out night, Regular show along with the Lightning Sprints. Live band, bouncy house's, awesome food and great racing once again this Friday night!

Last week the track surface was awesome, smooth, tacky and fast. The weather has been decent this past week, the forecast for Friday evening and night looks great, we should once again see an action packed, edge of your seat (if your sitting), wild, awesome night of racing! See you at "The Ridge"!!!! Oh PS, there could be a certain Canadian running a modified this week as well!!! LOL

The Blast?! Finally....lol. Jk. Couldnt resist.

I hate to beat a dead horse. And I'm not trying to wind the argument clock here.

I went to Malta last week. And it was good racing. Not bashing the place or the Ridge. I love both places.

There was 30 Sportsman and 25 rookie sportsman cars at Malta. For the Life of me, I just can't understand why some of the mid pack to back of the pack sportsman racers don't try the Ridge. We know the payout is 3X plus what Malta is paying. So why not just try it? One time..

Last I knew, and correct me if I'm wrong...$1,000 to win...$100 to take the green at the Ridge for Sportsman cars.

Almost makes me want to buy another car.......(well, maybe not!)

• Like 4

602 Sportsman class- $1000.00 to win, $300.00 2nd, $200.00 3rd, $100.00 4th thru 24th. Modified Class-$1500.00 to win, $800.00 2nd, $600.00 3rd, $450.00 4th, $400.00 5th, $350.00 6th, $300.00 7th, $250.00 8th, $225.00 9th, $200.00 10th, $175.00 11th, $150.00 12th, $125.00 13th thru 24th.

602 point fund-$2000.00 1st,  Modified point fund- $5000.00 1st.

So yea custom, it is really screwy that come this time of year, points races are just about over and anyone not in top 3-5 of other Friday night tracks, why not go to the Ridge and take a stab at making some cash to put towards the car vs going home with nothing compared? 100 and 125 to finish as far back as 24th in each class. Track has been getting better and better each week, this past week was the best yet but there where some complaints about it being to tacky and to fast, maybe that's scaring guys from coming up on the hill??? I sure don't know the answer, if I did, I would be on the payroll!!! LOL

• Like 3

The racing was good. Mike needs to make sure the track guys have the track in shape when it's race time. No one comes there to see Pete drive around in the grader or packer truck after it's time to start. It was a little wet the bottom 10' but all in all it was good after they did get going.

$100 to take the green for sportsman doesn't cover the cost of getting punted by a flying squirrel :vampire:

• Like 7

I sat in the stands at Malta and watched the leader get punted off the track by a car that was getting lapped by him. Poor guy couldn't even collect a $300. payday for winning. Then I watched a sore loser try to wall Joey Scarborough and after the checkers on the way into the pits the same driver that finished 2nd bailed into Joes back bumper. Just because he got passed clean and got beat? Hate to see if he got rubbed a little when Joe went by him. lol Then in the back of the pack, guys are pounding on each other for that last place money. So what's the difference?

The trouble today is Lack of Respect for the fellow racer.

I've never seen Jack Johnson or Brett Hearn slam a guy in the ass because they got beat. lol

• Like 5

I sat in the stands at Malta and watched the leader get punted off the track by a car that was getting lapped by him. Poor guy couldn't even collect a $300. payday for winning. Then I watched a sore loser try to wall Joey Scarborough and after the checkers on the way into the pits the same driver that finished 2nd bailed into Joes back bumper. Just because he got passed clean and got beat? Hate to see if he got rubbed a little when Joe went by him. lol Then in the back of the pack, guys are pounding on each other for that last place money. So what's the difference?

I've never seen Jack Johnson or Brett Hearn slam a guy in the ass because they got beat. lol

custom hit the nail on the head......LACK OF RESPECT FOR THE FELLOW RACER.when i raced streetstocks at the ridge a few years back there was way more respect for each other on and off the track,which in turn made for some great side by side  RACING(not slamming)action.

Don't want or need disrespectful asses at the Ridge anyway...20 cars is perfect for the track...

• Like 1

I HAVE BEEN TOLD 2 DEYO SHOWS FOR 2015 AT THE RIDGE.....

I think the Ridge is under the " I'll believe it when I see it" category with the local racing community. Hopefully it happens but........

I HAVE BEEN TOLD 2 DEYO SHOWS FOR 2015 AT THE RIDGE.....

Is that all, or will they try to have weekly races also?

So if they get big car counts for the "2 deyo shows" and add stewie to the weekly field what is going to change? There issue is that they are running against Malta. There is no way around it. They got good car counts at the specials in past years but only a few of the racers show up on fridays. Its going to be tough forever no matter who is there and how much they pay.

I was told last week by Mike Sowle that Stew would be at the Ridge this week...   i understand that was a week ago.. 

Regarding who will be there tonight, refer to the top post. As far as next yr, starting the yr on fridays, the car counts will be just fine and the added specials will make it real nice. Positive ideas lead to positive outcomes, the crew is working the bugs out each week, things have come a long way since april! Everyone will not be pleased ever so there will always be negativity, those with half a brain can read between reality and all the bullshit. Tonights show is sure to be as good as the last two weeks, those that are not there to see it with there own eyes will be complaining by 11:30 tonight, the rest of will enjoy ourselves!!! See you at the Ridge!!
  • Like 2

So if they get big car counts for the "2 deyo shows" and add stewie to the weekly field what is going to change? There issue is that they are running against Malta. There is no way around it. They got good car counts at the specials in past years but only a few of the racers show up on fridays. Its going to be tough forever no matter who is there and how much they pay.

If they hold a steady course from now till the end of the year, Malta won't really matter any more.  The Ridge will carve their own niche and have the best racing on a Friday night.  The track is already super fast, the food is the best anywhere, and they are much more family friendly than any other track.  Mike knows how to promote and it is working, despite all the naysayers on here.  It's the best of the Bull rings!  Bar none!

• Like 6

If they hold a steady course from now till the end of the year, Malta won't really matter any more.  The Ridge will carve their own niche and have the best racing on a Friday night.  The track is already super fast, the food is the best anywhere, and they are much more family friendly than any other track.  Mike knows how to promote and it is working, despite all the naysayers on here.  It's the best of the Bull rings!  Bar none!

Ever here of the place known as the Ulster County Bullring????? The exact same thing can be said about Accord.

So if they get big car counts for the "2 deyo shows" and add stewie to the weekly field what is going to change? There issue is that they are running against Malta. There is no way around it. They got good car counts at the specials in past years but only a few of the racers show up on fridays. Its going to be tough forever no matter who is there and how much they pay.

If they hold a steady course from now till the end of the year, Malta won't really matter any more. The Ridge will carve their own niche and have the best racing on a Friday night. The track is already super fast, the food is the best anywhere, and they are much more family friendly than any other track. Mike knows how to promote and it is working, despite all the naysayers on here. It's the best of the Bull rings! Bar none!

Admins, something has to be done with the way this forum looks on mobile devices!! It actually looked like Max posted a positive comment about Glen Ridge and Mike Sowle. I saw something similar earlier this week, but figured you guys would catch the glitch and repair it by now.
  • Like 1

Positive they need more than 10 cars to have any chance next year. That is unless they plan to have sports as a head line division. Wonder how much love there will be if a certain hot shoe decides to race somewhere else as a hired gun. Like Accord or Malta. Both places he could easily pick up a ride.
  • Like 1

I hope they do. I like every race fan dont want to loose a track but if specails work there maybe do a specials only schedule and drop the weekly stuff. There is room for the ridge they just need to find the place.

• Like 1

So if they get big car counts for the "2 deyo shows" and add stewie to the weekly field what is going to change? There issue is that they are running against Malta. There is no way around it. They got good car counts at the specials in past years but only a few of the racers show up on fridays. Its going to be tough forever no matter who is there and how much they pay.

If they hold a steady course from now till the end of the year, Malta won't really matter any more. The Ridge will carve their own niche and have the best racing on a Friday night. The track is already super fast, the food is the best anywhere, and they are much more family friendly than any other track. Mike knows how to promote and it is working, despite all the naysayers on here. It's the best of the Bull rings! Bar none!

Admins, something has to be done with the way this forum looks on mobile devices!! It actually looked like Max posted a positive comment about Glen Ridge and Mike Sowle. I saw something similar earlier this week, but figured you guys would catch the glitch and repair it by now.

Buck.. time to update your bag phone buddy !!  LOL

I don't know why people think two race tracks approx. 30-40 miles apart can't operate on the same evening?

I Don't see Walmart trying to operate their business different hours than Target.  Burger King is open the same time as Wendy's and McDonalds. Movie theaters, Golf Courses, SPAC and other entertainment venues are open on the same days. So what makes a race track any different? Why do people think dirt race tracks are on their own little island? Some will go to Malta and some to Glen Ridge. The others may just stay home.

It's up to the Promoter and PR person to try to maximize the people through the gates.

• Like 3

I don't know why people think two race tracks approx. 30-40 miles apart can't operate on the same evening?

I Don't see Walmart trying to operate their business different hours than Target.  Burger King is open the same time as Wendy's and McDonalds. Movie theaters, Golf Courses, SPAC and other entertainment venues are open on the same days. So what makes a race track any different? Why do people think dirt race tracks are on their own little island? Some will go to Malta and some to Glen Ridge. The others may just stay home.

No one is saying they can't opperate it just comes down to if they are going to be successful or not.  They could opperate with car counts like this forever but is it successful? I can't say, I don't pay the bills but I can assume it is not.