Surprised nobody has brought this up yet. 

Disciplinary Violation and Penalty Notice

Dated:                    August 6, 2014

Competitor:           Brandon Hagan

Event:                    August 2 Fulton Speedway SUNY Canton Sportsman Feature

Violation:               The GM Crate Engine in the car Brandon Hagan drove to the win during the August 2 feature event was pulled for further inspection following the race event. A dyno test was performed and the engine was found to perform fell well outside of acceptable horsepower and torque limits. The engine was taken apart for inspection and was found to have non-compliant aftermarket parts and altered GM parts. This is directly in violation of Section III of the Fulton and Brewerton Sportsman rules which state:

1. a.     All engines must remain sealed from the factory and factory seals must remain unaltered. No tampering, removal, modifications and/or broken factory seals permitted. All components must remain as manufactured and unaltered, including intake manifold, cylinder heads, valve covers, front cover, oil pan, harmonic balancer and all internal parts.
  2. b.     Any issued penalty for tampering within the engine bolts may include suspension of the car, driver, car owner, engine builder from participation in any Fulton and/or Brewerton event.
  3. c.      Fulton and Brewerton Track Officials reserve the right to exchange or impound any engine at any time for competitive analysis and for inspection. Failure to allow the engine to be retained for the impound procedure will result in disqualification from the event and possible further penalties.

Penalty:                 a.  Loss of all purse and points earned for the August 2 race event

b.  Loss of 2014 Fulton Speedway points earned to date

c. One year suspension from Sportsman Competition at Fulton and Brewerton Speedway for one calendar year from the date of infraction.

d.  A $1000 fine payable to Fulton Speedway before being allowed to compete again in Fulton or Brewerton sportsman racing.

• Like 5

Here is a situation where I'd like to see all DirtCar tracks work together and issue a complete ban from all DirtCar tracks

• Like 6

He runs well at Can-Am, rumor has it that his uncle is the tech guy at Can-Am. I heard Can-Am is going to honor the Fulton/Brewerton suspension
  • Like 2

Here is a situation where I'd like to see all DirtCar tracks work together and issue a complete ban from all DirtCar tracks

That's not enough. I'd like to see ALL tracks honor each others suspensions... regardless of rivalries or affiliation. 

• Like 2

Maybe some tracks down my way will do this ? Yeah right what was I thinking ??! Hahahaha !

That's not enough. I'd like to see ALL tracks honor each others suspensions... regardless of rivalries or affiliation. 

In today's battle for cars and fans some track will welcome him in with open arms

Why beat a dead horse on a topic that comes up multiple times a year when we can talk about what seemed to be great racing at Merrittville, Ransomville, Accord and Weedsport? 

• Like 1

This obviously isn't a dead horse as long as drivers keep cheating up the crate engine. Three weeks ago it was Steve Gray cheating at Canandaigua, and now this issue at Fulton. Kudos to the tech guys and the tracks.
  • Like 5

Why beat a dead horse on a topic that comes up multiple times a year when we can talk about what seemed to be great racing at Merrittville, Ransomville, Accord and Weedsport? 

Because its news. So the new of a driver caught cheating is beating a dead horse but the gazillion threads about "whos the best dirt mod driver" or "roll call" or the endless drivel about fonda, glenn ridge and OCFS isnt beating a dead horse?  :suicide:

• Like 9

Because its news. So the new of a driver caught cheating is beating a dead horse but the gazillion threads about "whos the best dirt mod driver" or "roll call" or the endless drivel about fonda, glenn ridge and OCFS isnt beating a dead horse?  :suicide:

I understand your point about it being news and I totally agree with you about the Cap Region and "best of" threads. I just hate to see the perpetual tech/tracks working together/used crate engine thread when there were so many good races this week that could generate meaningful discussion. Kudos once again to Fulton for doing the right thing. 

This obviously isn't a dead horse as long as drivers keep cheating up the crate engine. Three weeks ago it was Steve Gray cheating at Canandaigua, and now this issue at Fulton. Kudos to the tech guys and the tracks.

And yet there was Steve Gray at Weedsport last night running double duty in a sportsman and a modified. Not being a CMP regular, but going this Saturday, what was Gray's infraction?

• Like 2

weedsport not dirt sanctioned for sporstman?  Spano also is/should be serving suspension for rev box last season at a dirt track!

weedsport not dirt sanctioned for sporstman?

They ran modified Hoosiers, so they weren't full DIRTcar rules...dunno if that makes a difference?

• Like 1

And yet there was Steve Gray at Weedsport last night running double duty in a sportsman and a modified. Not being a CMP regular, but going this Saturday, what was Gray's infraction?
Incorrect seal bolts.

Incorrect seal bolts.

Thanks Mike. What was the penalty that was given?

Official press release.

CANANDAIGUA, NY — official release – Following Steve Gray’s fourth win of the season last Saturday at Canandaigua Motorsports Park, the decision was made to remove the powerplant from Gray’s #29g Sportsman for further inspection.

“In an effort to keep things on a level playing field, we felt the time was right for further inspection,” commented Promoter Jeremie Corcoran.

The results were illegal tampering of the sealed bolts. Gray’s win from Saturday night has been removed with loss of all points earned in conjunction with that win. Additionally Gray was fined $1500 to be paid prior to returning to competition. The motor has also been confiscated. Based on the fact that this was a dis-qualification, Gray will not be able to use it for a drop for points purposes.

“We don’t feel this was intentional,” commented Corcoran. “They had bought the motor used and were surprised to find the bolts were tampered with. We certainly hope Steve and the team are able to secure a legal motor in the near future and return to racing with us.”

The purchasing of a tampered motor or part remains the responsibility of the buyer. Be careful when making these purchases as it is still your responsibility to make sure it will pass all technical inspections.

Thanks again Mike. I tried to find the press release on the CMP website, but couldn't...could be I am just blind. Heading to CMP this Saturday, can't pass up a good double show. Hope Fulton doesn't miss us...lol.

It's funny how people said the bolts were so easy to get but yet guys are getting caught without them.