I'll tell you they put down more clay in the corners than in the straights. Every time we added clay to our track it was 2x thicker in the corners then thinned down to almost nothing in the straightaways. It looked as that's what Matt was doing when I drove by on way to and from work.

Maybe the converter I was using was wrong then? I really just wanna know how much dirt 2500 cubic yards is haha, sounds like a lot

Did a quick convert on here, and 900ftx900ftx1ft came out to be 2500 cubic yards.

With Fonda being 60 ' wide, here's my latest calculations. If one put down a foot of clay it would amount to 5,866 cubic yards. A 10 wheeler dump truck can haul about 12 yds., or 488 truck loads. That seems like a lot to me. Perhaps they don't average 12 " of clay. Maybe some parts of the track require less that other areas. I also have wondered how much dirt/clay leaves the truck with all of the dust blowing around during the races. I would think that you are slowly losing your surface as time goes by ?

Skierpilot's calculations are correct (even if his dump trucks might be a little small) but how are you getting 2500 cy? 900 x 900 x 1 = 810,000 cf. There are 27 cf per cy so 810,000 / 27 = 30,000 cy.

Usually dirt, clay, ect. is sold by the cubic yard. Picture a cube that measures 3' x 3' x 3' which amounts to 27 cubic ft. I would hate to be the one paying  for 2,500 cubic yards of clay !

1 cubic yard of dry dirt = about 2000 pounds or 1 ton

2500 cubic yards = 2500 tons

A 10 wheeler truck carries around 15 tons 

2500 tons / 15 tons per truck = 166.66 truck loads

If all the conversions on google & my math are correct, but I could be completely off.

Also 

50 feet wide  X 2640 feet long (.5 mile) X 6 inches deep = 2444.44 cubic yards

[attachment=5831:Capture.PNG]

• Like 1

They used a lot of tractor trailer dump rigs. Don't know what they hold.

Figure that out with common core and way more of us will be lost!
This is my math, loaded, dumped, and smoothed out= gotta be better

any idea where the clay is from?

I thought by now someone would have followed one of the trucks from the track back to the source and reported in. I sort of figured it would be my father following the truck...

The pits at orange county?? LMFAO

Seriously though. Great to see that Fonda is trying to improve things. Need to see the same at other tracks!!
  • Like 1

DTD Math Class. LMAO!!! 

I only said I thought they would put down more because it doesn't take long for a percentage of it to go down the highway to every drivers race shops weekly. Then some more gets graded off and some goes down the sewer drain. Is there a math equation to figure that out? lol

Bottom line is, even though I won't go back to Fonda, it's good to see a promoter always making improvements.

It's good to see my $14. went into some clay.

• Like 1

You are correct! $14 going towards the clay! Stop bringing it up, and just stay home like you said. How about Saturday at OCFS $35 for 305 sprints & a 100 lap 358 mod race. That's a freaking rip off, but I'm not sitting home bored outta my mind, I'm going, getting out and watch some racing!

I did a search on the capacity of dump trailer rigs. I found one that was a 3 axel trailer that had a capacity of 60 cubic yds. That's big ! It makes me wonder what is the max wt. a semi and a trailer haul on the road. My guess was Fonda had double axel rigs that perhaps hauled 45 yds.  Again, can't complain much about Fonda when they have dropped a boatload of money in the facility. Were they perfect  - no, but they are still going through the learning curve of promoting a track. Look for them to get better and better as time goes on.

• Like 2

Around 80,000 pounds before you need extra permits on a tractor trailer, 22 tom for a tri-axle dunptruck.

Go get em Matty D and prove all the naysayers, winers and losers who have nothing better to do than beat up our racing! If you have to complain, shut up, stay home and rot! I can't believe all these "fans" that never have anything good to say! Didn't your momma teach you better????

When i worked for a construction co. tri-axle dumps were around 18 cy and trailers were around 28 cy and were over weight at that

This my friends is the most important question? Let me tell you ...... different clay holds different amounts of moisture green clay and red clay hold the most.... Green is available in the Catskills ... Red is very very expensive........