crsa/ceo

Brett Hearn , is there anybody better ?

Brett's 11th ESW win, 850+ wins / Truly Impressive.

especially when he gets on those 3 tracks that he's had as home tracks at various points in his career... A/S, LV and OCFS.  he's almost untouchable there and if he does get beat at those tracks it's usually by another local guy.  very tough for invaders to come in and get wins at those tracks. I think at this point in their careers Sheppard and Friesen both are able to get wins at a wider range of tracks.

• Like 1

Wider range of tracks??? Didn`t Hearn win at Matt`s home track ( Hurricane 100) and at Stew`s home track (Fonda`s SDS 100) this year. Aren`t those the biggest races at those respective tracks? Did either of those 2 win at any of Hearn`s 3 home tracks this year? Just asking.

• Like 2

Must be considered the GREATEST EVER. Safe to say his records and accomplishments will never be challenged. :fan:  :king:

Not a Hearn fan in the least. I think he's in his mid 50's so maybe a 1000 features is out of reach. But half way thru today race I got thinking when he does retire he probably going to be considered the best ever on dirt. Hard to even type it. Maybe only Pauch can get part of that claim with the diversity of his wins. I don't root for him but you got to respect his career.

• Like 4

probably going to be considered the best ever on dirt. Hard to even type it.

LMAO!  I know how you feel, me growing up a serious hater. He is just so damn professional. Respect where it is due....dammit :king:

And his 301st at OCFS. Many of the considered "greats" have 300+ as CAREER totals.

• Like 1

I'd like to see his trophy room....er I mean warehouse. lol 

It's hard to imagine what it would be like to stand in victory lane that many times.

A stat that I'd like to know is...How many times has he drawn the pole out of the hat???

If I remember correctly that came up and the fact was he drew last available as many times as the pole.

It's kind of the same as the old saying that the only one who remembers who finished second is the one who finished second.

Well what stands out to me is car never broke in all those wins......so he has great program........guys income comes from finishing races ...so whole deals working and has for years.....rarely has motor issues.......and hes always fast.....makes other teams step up there program.....one post had great point he wins on others home tracks but hes very hard to beat on his year in and out.......could be close points in NC im sure  91 + 9 know hes there and he won both nites last year ?

Probably the best compliment I could give the guy is that he is often the reason I choose to NOT go to a race.  Like this weekend....I figured the outcome was a foregone conclusion before they ever opened the gates on Friday.  Kind of takes the fun out of going when you are 99% sure who the winner is going to be.  LOL.....

Well what stands out to me is car never broke in all those wins......so he has great program........guys income comes from finishing races ...so whole deals working and has for years.....rarely has motor issues.......and hes always fast.....makes other teams step up there program.....one post had great point he wins on others home tracks but hes very hard to beat on his year in and out.......could be close points in NC im sure  91 + 9 know hes there and he won both nites last year ?

Friesen won second night!

I also admire the man's accomplishments.He's the best by far imo,.I wonder if he or Sheppard gets up at 4 am to go to work on hvy equip. 6 days a wk like Hindley does? just sayin,,.

its going to be tough to catch brett now a days because one the amount of races that are being run is fewer than that of the80's and 90's there were plenty of nights down at orange county he won both the small block and big block races in the same night many of times also more series races. I am not taking anything away from brett but matt and stew do win on a lot more different tracks than brett. take away all the wins he had at the valley and Albany Saratoga this year how many did he have 5? and two came at a place where he is expected to win. im not taking anything from bretts skills or career he will probably go down as the GOAT but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in

• Like 1

Brett doesn't travel as much as he used to either. He still gets the job done when he does though. With the exception of Utica there isn't really a track he struggles st lately.

For sure there is NOBODY even in the same realm as he is when it comes to restarts. At least judging by the 15+ restarts over two days where only the doctor was able to get to his quarter panel one time. All the others he was 5 car lengths ahead by the flagger. Jumping or that mich smoother on the pedal?

That's because Brett isn't there. (lol). I'm not a follower of any body , like them all but Brett has won a lot of races with more competition than there is these days. I would love to see him at Fonda on a weekly basis (won't happen) , Stew wouldn't get 10 wins a season that's a fact. Brett is very good at Fonda as I've seen the past 30 yrs. I'm just impressed by how long he's been doing this and still is the man to beat when he's there. JMO    

Was suppose to quote NiagaraRaceFans post / ooops , didn't work 

• Like 1

For sure there is NOBODY even in the same realm as he is when it comes to restarts. At least judging by the 15+ restarts over two days where only the doctor was able to get to his quarter panel one time. All the others he was 5 car lengths ahead by the flagger. Jumping or that mich smoother on the pedal?

You are Joking right?   ALL OF THE DIRT BOYS JUMP RESTARTS!  It's common place and they let it go because lets face it they are usually the ones up front in series races.  I've seen Brett get schooled on plenty of restarts as well that's just racing.  His total package is what makes him great.   But lets not forget what the Doctor has done this year in  limited races and a program that only got started in JUNE!  I kinda have to agree with Chris as far as flat out driving ability the DOCTOR is the best I've ever seen.  Brett has always had a tighter ship and that has made him the most consistent winner we have ever seen.  I liken Stew to the doctor where he has to work for everything he has and Matt to Hearn where they already have the resources they have to go out and drive. (not saying any of them don't put in equal time i know that's not the case) 

I don't remember "Anybody but Johnson!" tee shirts...

This sport is about winning and nobody has done it better over this long a period.  There are a few that come close but lets be real.

I would say that since he cuurently sits third in points then... maybe there is? Still a little time left to change that though

Anyhow, where was this thread last week, or the week before that?

[quote name="noitanroinuj" post="490740" timestamp="1414413136"]
its going to be tough to catch brett now a days because one the amount of races that are being run is fewer than that of the80's and 90's there were plenty of nights down at orange county he won both the small block and big block races in the same night many of times also more series races. I am not taking anything away from brett but matt and stew do win on a lot more different tracks than brett. take away all the wins he had at the valley and Albany Saratoga this year how many did he have 5? and two came at a place where he is expected to win. im not taking anything from bretts skills or career he will probably go down as the GOAT but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in[/quote

So you say take way hearns malta and lv wins and he has 5 wins.. so if u take away stews wins at fonda and ur what's he have? Of course most of his wins at at his HOME TRACKS