GreenWhiteCheckers

If we could change anything about NAPA Super DIRT Week, what would it be?

Thank you for attending NAPA Auto Parts Super DIRT Week XLIII. The event is full of history and tradition because fans like you continue coming together each October for Racing’s Biggest Party at the New York State Fairgrounds.

Each year after NAPA Super DIRT Week, DIRTcar officials gather together to review every aspect of the event including ticketing, camping, competition, sponsorship and everything in between. We know nobody has a better feel for the event than our most dedicated fans, so we’re asking you to take a few minutes to let us know what you thought of the week by completing the survey below.

1. What did you enjoy about NAPA Super DIRT Week?: 

The New Pit Stop Rules

2. How can your overall experience be improved?: 

1/ Too many Golf Carts running around carelessly in the pit area  :scooter:  :scooter:  :scooter: 

2/ work on the track where the big sinkholes were, this whole eliminated quite a few potential winners on sunday  :mole: 

3/ Dont make the fans have to decide between watching a race on the track, or going down under the grandstands for modified driver autograph sessions   :wild: 

4/ Change up The Twin 20s & Triple 20s, make these races for non qualified cars , it just seems the Richer Teams get richer from these formats   :good: 

5/ Make a Pit Enter / Exit in turn 3 Cinder track for Dirt Sportsman instead of them having to go through the modified Pit Area to Enter Pit Road  :fan: 

3. If we could change one thing about NAPA Super DIRT Week, what would it be?: 

Line the cars up ON THE FRONT STRETCH before the Syacuse 200, so the fans can get a closer look at the stars and the cars, They used to do this, What Happen ? lining the cars way down in turn  1 very anti climatic from a grandstands fan point a view   :banghead:  :banghead:  

• Like 1

How about getting a few more decent food vendors. Grand stand prices were comical. The infield bar was a joke. The only decent place was the joint right across from the infield bar.

• Like 1

I would say knock the prices down a littlei know everyone is gonna say well they cant and make a profit but if they did more people would come the hard part to swallow is having to buy a pass to park all week and especially if you get the infield parking pass the parking situation is a joke there is usually no where to park and it is really bad when it rains.

Friday night lights I don't mind it but there needs to be more lights in the corners especially coming out of 4 there is a huge dark spot there get some of those portable construction style light trailers to put on the cinder track would make for better vision.

that's all I have for now but im sure I could come up with some more oh and leave the USAC cars home

Bring USAC back & have USAC sprints instead of WoO at Rolling Wheels.

The grandstand price went up $30 in a year! Need to bring that back to a reasonable level.

Stick to the schedule & start on time!

How many people got the surprise of an extra $10 tacked on for fire ins. when you purchased your camping permit?

What is it with your fetish of changing font colors?

• Like 2

How about getting a few more decent food vendors. Grand stand prices were comical. The infield bar was a joke. The only decent place was the joint right across from the infield bar.

Salt potatoes, they need salt potatoes.

• Like 1

Think about price points. $24.00 sound better then $25.00, $29.00 sounds better then $30.00, ect. With food, have a lot of vendors with lower prices. You will make it up in what you charge the vendors  for rent and the fans will be happy. I was at Charlotte 2 weeks ago. On the concourses they packed almost every foot with food vendors with decent prices. What worked about that idea was that there were no lines for an event that had 100,000 fans.  Also, that idea also brought a lot of variety for your food choices.  Again, good price points, lots of vendors for food, low prices and you will make it up in volume  and fan satisfaction. You are selling the whole package/experience, not just a ticket to see a race.

I went for my first time ever this year and had an absolutely wonderful time.  The only thing I would change is I would try to get the golf carts/atvs under control... you don't need to get rid of them but man it was awful sketchy walking anywhere in the infield, especially near the tunnels in the infield.

• Like 1

I think the week is too long, especially for the competing teams.  Run Sportsman and Pro Stocks on Friday (practice, TT, last chance qualifiers, features at dusk). Saturday can be 358's (same format) and Modified practice.  Sunday start early and run the full Modified show.  It would save teams a TON of money and may bring car counts up even higher than this year.

Just a thought...

• Like 1

Bring USAC back & have USAC sprints instead of WoO at Rolling Wheels.

The grandstand price went up $30 in a year! Need to bring that back to a reasonable level.

Stick to the schedule & start on time!

Agreed- bring USAC Sprints to RWR or Weedsport and watch the car count for Silver Crown grow. I thought their time management this years has been better than in previous years....... 

Lose the waste of time heats on Friday night and run the SBM 150 on Friday night and the 200 on Saturday. Sunday could be used for a rain date for either event. I actually love the atmosphere there on a Friday night, but the racing in those heats is terrible at best.

I don't think USAC Sprints at RWR would be a great show. Would be awesome to see them at Brewerton though

Where is the infield bar nowadays ?  I saw a dam Laundromat where it used to be

Salt potatoes, they need salt potatoes.

Am I the only one who found these way too overrated? 

Bring back World of Outlaws. Also have it 2 weeks earlier in the year.

More satellite track races... Sure we have weedsport, brewerton 358s and rolling wheels... I say add a Big Block Show for Weedsport and Brewerton, make both series races... Make Rolling Wheels a Dirt series race.. jmo

I know I am a homer... but we (ESS) would love to bring the 360 sprint cars back to the mile like we did in 2000, 2001. Fast? Yes, some danger? Yes.
But...Poirier, Barney, Hebing, Yonge, Friesen, Wight, Emery, Stelter, Axton, Danny Varin, Reakes and others are going nuts to run the Mile.
Of course as you see they are almost all former modified drivers.
I'll keep trying!
  • Like 7

The venue.

Yep. Bring it to a more sensible track that doesn't require a super special car and motor and watch the car counts grow.
  • Like 1

it doesn't need a super special car really and I can tell you some guys if not most guys use the same motor they have run all year just freshened up I don't think the racing is all that great at the mile but it is just the history of the place if you took it away from the fairgrounds it just would be super dirt week anymore

• Like 4

There is absolutely no way any other venue in the area is remotely big enough to support an event of this magnitude... just take a look at the number of campers and haulers in the infield and surrounding grounds, let alone the number of fans in the stands on Sunday.

Would it help the racing? Yes, absolutely... but it won't happen.

• Like 2