It is scheduled for May 20 . The Battle of the Bull ring 3 at Accord Speedway is scheduled for the 19th with the 20th as the rain date . Deyo's schedule was out first so DIRTcar is still finding a way to put the screws to his series . Hope the sun is shining on Accord and they get more cars than the Land of Legends .

It is scheduled for May 20 . The Battle of the Bull ring 3 at Accord Speedway is scheduled for the 19th with the 20th as the rain date . Deyo's schedule was out first so DIRTcar is still finding a way to put the screws to his series . Hope the sun is shining on Accord and they get more cars than the Land of Legends .

Seriously? 

I just don't understand the mentality of some fans. Someone explain how DIRTcar is the bad guy for scheduling a race on a rain date (which--knock on wood--most times aren't needed) even though Brett has scheduled a few of his races on the day of previously scheduled Super DIRTcar Series events. 

As I've previously stated, I have absolutely no problem with Brett scheduling against Super DIRTcar Series events, just like I have no problem with DIRTcar scheduled on the rain date of a Short Track Super Series race.

There's nothing preventing DIRTcar from scheduling that race on May 19th, directly against Accord, but they didn't. It just blows my mind that they STILL somehow get backlash for that? 

I guess I'll just be in the minority that hopes both Accord and Canandaigua have packed pit areas and full grandstands that week. 

• Like 18

Good to see the series back at Canandaigua. anybody know what the race distance will be?

This gets my vote for the most ASININE post of 2014!!!! Dude, did you read your own typing prior to hitting submit? Do you really believe in your own mind that this is the first time any sanctioning body, track, promoter, etc.... has ever booked a mid-week special the following night of another? Good grief, when do these non-sense mind sets end?
  • Like 10

A,SDS at "The Land of Legends" about time.

The Brett D talk is all spam.

Let's get a series race for the sportsman that race weekly at Canandaigua and it's fans it's over due. 

Good to see Canandaigua back on the Super Dirt Series schedule , there should be an IQ minimum on this site for posting. The guy even liked his own stupid post lol

• Like 6

Sportsman Series Race...  Only if Joe Skotnicki can pull the head out of his butt, and revamp the rules.  Allowing aluminum wheels, with big Hoosiers and doing away with the shock sticker rule.  The Dirtcar Sportsman Series really should be renamed the Canadian Dirtcar Sportsman series. LOL  There is talk out there that it's going to change but I have to see it to believe it. Joe is impossible and if it's not the big blocks or 358's he is not interested.  I'm shocked that Jeremie and Joe could come to an agreement to bring a Series race back since every weekend is a Series race at Canandaigua all ready.. but it will be cool and it is a good thing..

• Like 2

Good to see Canandaigua back on the Super Dirt Series schedule , there should be an IQ minimum on this site for posting. The guy even liked his own stupid post lol

:lol:

Sportsman Series Race...  Only if Joe Skotnicki can pull the head out of his butt, and revamp the rules.  Allowing aluminum wheels, with big Hoosiers and doing away with the shock sticker rule.  The Dirtcar Sportsman Series really should be renamed the Canadian Dirtcar Sportsman series. LOL  There is talk out there that it's going to change but I have to see it to believe it. Joe is impossible and if it's not the big blocks or 358's he is not interested.  I'm shocked that Jeremie and Joe could come to an agreement to bring a Series race back since every weekend is a Series race at Canandaigua all ready.. but it will be cool and it is a good thing..

I am a little surprised myself. But Happy! Profit wise it would seem Jeremie could probably do better just running his own special show. But it is good for the drivers and GREAT for the fans!

Going to be real interesting to see drivers such as Hearn and Friesen come to CMP for sure.

Lets just cross our fingers and toes for good weather.

On the Sportsman. I'm not a competitor. But as a fan, the Sportsman racing has been much more enteraining to watch since the switch to mod tires.

• Like 1

First where did I like my own post ? Maybe I pressed the button as I was scrolling and didn't notice . I can't see that I liked it on the app. Second maybe I would have attended the show at the land of legends if it wasn't the day after a show that is a half hour away from me . Fans can only afford to go to so many shows . Canadaigua is over four hours away for me . Gas , tolls , and a room because I'm not driving another four hours home at 11 o clock at night ( or whatever time it gets over) . Hopefully the rain date won't be needed , but hey you never know. It's no big secret that DIRTcar is doing what they are doing to Deyo's series . Are there other weeks that they could have chosen in May ? They are doing it on purpose , plain and simple . This coming from a series that ran two shows well into the morning hours this year . They also took away a date and gave it to another track for a rain date , and never used it because Kutztown was running that night .

The SDS has enough non-CMP drivers now that it's worth booking a show IMHO. 

Hearn, Friesen, Perrego, Doctor, Decker, Ward, Wight, Flach are eight cars right off the bat that will draw fans.

Being a midweek show, five of those drivers would probably show for the money anyhow. The fans will come regardless. I don't think fans traveling from the capital district on a weeknight are going to make or break the bank. But it is good to see the CMP drivers get a point show at their home track for sure!! After all, they do have to race at Lebanon for points.

First where did I like my own post ? Maybe I pressed the button as I was scrolling and didn't notice . I can't see that I liked it on the app. Second maybe I would have attended the show at the land of legends if it wasn't the day after a show that is a half hour away from me . Fans can only afford to go to so many shows . Canadaigua is over four hours away for me . Gas , tolls , and a room because I'm not driving another four hours home at 11 o clock at night ( or whatever time it gets over) . Hopefully the rain date won't be needed , but hey you never know. It's no big secret that DIRTcar is doing what they are doing to Deyo's series . Are there other weeks that they could have chosen in May ? They are doing it on purpose , plain and simple . This coming from a series that ran two shows well into the morning hours this year . They also took away a date and gave it to another track for a rain date , and never used it because Kutztown was running that night .

Is this guy for real, or is someone messin around here lol?
  • Like 3

Is this guy for real, or is someone messin around here lol?

No kidding. Even if by some bad luck the rain date is needed. These tracks are on the other end of the world from each other. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 hrs? Both events should do fine
  • Like 3

Sorry but if Dirt really wanted to stick to Deyo they would have pu the racet on the Accord race date & not the rain date. Please stop the hating it dose no good for the sport and makes you look foolish.

• Like 3

I always loved SDS races at the Land of Legends always a good race. Cant wait to see it hopefully neither event gets rained out the more big money events that the modifieds have no matter who is the sanctioning body the better it is for the sport!

• Like 2

If that Wheels and CMP dates both stick, the Wheels better be offering one heck of a purse because many of the top names will be at CMP following the Tour. 

Also, CMP just announced that they are bringing the UNOH All-Star sprints in on June 11.

On their facebook it was stated that they tried to book a WoO sprint show but it was "full".

I'm curious to see what kind of car count CMP will get that night. I gotta think it's going to be a tough one to try and fill the field especially with everything I keep hearing about the All-Stars and pay checks not being fulfilled. 

The Short Track Super Nationals have run against the 358 races at Syracuse ever since it was created . Those teams that were going to his race weren't going to Syracuse anyway , and the race was at night . It was possible to make to both shows if you wanted to see them . The last two years he has scheduled against the SDS tour race in Michigan . That's a financial win for car owners going all the way to Michigan to a track that has never seen Northeast Modifieds before . I forgot you can't talk bad about DIRTcar on here , just ask Bob Baldwin .

you can talk bad about DIRT on here, just look at the Tom Deery thread, the responses in the thread about Mike Mallett's interview with Deyo, Harpell, and Skotnicki, amongst others, but the talk needs to make sense.

We all know that Dirtcar isn't happy about Deyo, but scheduling against a rain date is not really that big of a deal.  Like was said before, if they were really trying to stick it to him, they would schedule it the same night as his race, not the rain date.   If that were to happen, I bet both races would get decent car counts though.  There are only so many nights in a week, and so many weeks in a summer, races end up back to back all the time.  If weather plays a role, that sucks, but so be it. 

Also, how does bringing up that Brett scheduled races against the Michigan SDS race (which they didn't even have this year) connect to this particular argument.  If anything, this was Deyo scheduling against DirtCar and not the other way around.  Although, really, not many of the cars going to a Deyo show would have made the haul to I-96. 

• Like 1

this year the race was not in Michigan but at Ransomville. Granted its 4 hours away and not many of the teams that went to accord ( I think it was) would have traveled to the Niagara region but if DIRTcar did this everyone would be up in arms that the all powerful DIRTcar was taking cars for the working mans series.

this goes both ways and if you try and run a complete season with weekly shows and 3 tours in the Northeast toes will be stepped on eventually. Only so many days and so many cars to go around. Until everyone sits down and gets on the same page or reaches some sort of d├ętente this is going to do more damage to an already fragile state of modified racing. More shows and competition are a good thing but not at each others expense, that's when fans, teams and tracks will all become the losers in the war.