From the AARN article this week it appears that they are waiting to learn if Mike Sowle is still going to be involved, but it was worded in a way that it seemed like he has lost interest.  If that is the case, hopefully Pete and Matt are willing to continue and give things a try again.

The article did state that Pete said Mods would be the headline division and running on Hoosiers.  Maybe we'll be back with sail panels and some of the old staff.  <fingers crossed>

Hopefully they find out soon and get plans in place, as some stability would go a long ways.

Happy Holidays!! 

• Like 1

the place COULD be successful...1.) They got to STOP switching nights...2.)Stop the favoritism....3.) Set the rules and stick with them...4.) Decide now what classes your running and stick with them(don't add or take away classes throughout the year). After you do this for 1 year drivers and fans will be there...NOT going to happen in 2015 because of all the bullshit that went on in 2014!

• Like 4

One of the raciest tracks in the Northeast and the cloud of bs keeps the place from being successful. Sad!

NO A TRACK ON RT.9 KEEPS IT FROM BEING SUCCESSFUL AGAIN.

• Like 1

How long would any of you keep losing $1,000....$2,000...$3,000 a week before you got tired of it?  JAKE...tell them!

I agree what was said...wayyyyy to many weekly changes. It was like someone had a roulette wheel and tossed the ball in to see what the new change of the week would be.

If Pete is back at the top, I would hope he goes with Sundays and quits the Malta war, and gets DIRT back so we can see Tremont, Johnson and some others back. Sundays would also bring a large field of the excel mini mods back as well as other racers that would race there and not want to miss Malta.

I can say one thing I think I'm pretty positive about.....I have to believe this coming season is the make or break season for the Life of the Ridge and auto racing there. 

• Like 4

I think Jakes right. So long as the track on rte 9 is running, it doesn't matter if you pay 2x the purse it will not draw the cars. They go where they're comfortable and get a professional show. Also Malta has a long history of being a great place. The only way it could change is if they tore the clay off and went asphalt racing. Lol. What an idea. Lol.
  • Like 3

How long would any of you keep losing $1,000....$2,000...$3,000 a week before you got tired of it?  JAKE...tell them!

I agree what was said...wayyyyy to many weekly changes. It was like someone had a roulette wheel and tossed the ball in to see what the new change of the week would be.

If Pete is back at the top, I would hope he goes with Sundays and quits the Malta war, and gets DIRT back so we can see Tremont, Johnson and some others back. Sundays would also bring a large field of the excel mini mods back as well as other racers that would race there and not want to miss Malta.

I can say one thing I think I'm pretty positive about.....I have to believe this coming season is the make or break season for the Life of the Ridge and auto racing there. 

I would being my XCEL mod up now and then if they ran sundays

One of the raciest tracks in the Northeast and the cloud of bs keeps the place from being successful. Sad!

NO A TRACK ON RT.9 KEEPS IT FROM BEING SUCCESSFUL AGAIN.
Finally seeing the light Jake??
The only way Glen Ridge survives as a modified track, is to run Sunday.

I THINK I SEEN THE LIGHT 2 YEARS AGO BOB AND WE WERE LOSING 2 GRAND A WEEK RUNNING SUNDAYS SO THAT AIN'T THE NITE.

You seem to have a lot of pull, maybe you can get a another day added to the week. Short of that, Sunday is all you have. Go back to Sunday, apologize to those you screwed out of their points last year and beg them to come back. Other than that, plow it under and plant corn cause you'll never make it work head to head with Malta or Fonda.

Here we go again with Sunday vs Friday, and comparing it to Fonda & Malta. Thru the years it's been a place for the little guy to race, and it's seen some of the sports biggest stars race there. It's been an outlaw track, and it's been a DIRT sanctioned track. What it's never been is consistent.
And the one thing more important than that is communication. Regardless who is running the ridge, a lack of consistency and communication will be the death of any track.
One more thing. I'm the first to complain about the current management's lack of communication. It is the key to public relations, and for the most part it's free nowadays. So a lack of it is ridiculous.
But... Anybody that personally attacks or disparages Mike Sowle is crazy. He has done more for local racers and racing than anybody on this board (Jake being an obvious exception in a different way). There are plenty of guys that wouldn't be racing today, or be as successful as they are without Sowles help. And it goes deeper than the cars with STR on them.
And I don't ride on the Sowle Train. His generosity towards "racers" in need has done nothing for me personally but cost me money. But it still needs to be recognized.
  • Like 7

Here we go again with Sunday vs Friday, and comparing it to Fonda & Malta. Thru the years it's been a place for the little guy to race, and it's seen some of the sports biggest stars race there. It's been an outlaw track, and it's been a DIRT sanctioned track. What it's never been is consistent.
And the one thing more important than that is communication. Regardless who is running the ridge, a lack of consistency and communication will be the death of any track.
One more thing. I'm the first to complain about the current management's lack of communication. It is the key to public relations, and for the most part it's free nowadays. So a lack of it is ridiculous.
But... Anybody that personally attacks or disparages Mike Sowle is crazy. He has done more for local racers and racing than anybody on this board (Jake being an obvious exception in a different way). There are plenty of guys that wouldn't be racing today, or be as successful as they are without Sowles help. And it goes deeper than the cars with STR on them.
And I don't ride on the Sowle Train. His generosity towards "racers" in need has done nothing for me personally but cost me money. But it still needs to be recognized.

I didn't compare the ridge to any other track. I simply said it won't be successful running mods head to head against other mod tracks, that's it.
He made money on Fridays with free pit admission and mostly empty stands?? Those signs on the back stretch most of cost a fortune for the sponsors.

Listen, I love the ridge. Was there every Sunday. But I have a job, and can't support them on Friday and I'm sure im not alone. It's location prevents me being there, I can barley make Malta by feature time, so that's where I go. I wish them well, but fear it's headed for closure.