IF PETE DIDN'T MAKE MONEY BEFORE HE SURE THE HELL WOULDN'T BE CHOMPING AT THE BIT TO GO BACK AND RUN THE JOINT WOULD HE ?? HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO WASTE ON THAT PLACE. JUST GOING BY WHAT HE TOLD ME LAST YEAR. AND PETE DIDN'T GIVE FREE PIT PASSES TO THE DRIVERS BOB.
  • Like 1

IF PETE DIDN'T MAKE MONEY BEFORE HE SURE THE HELL WOULDN'T BE CHOMPING AT THE BIT TO GO BACK AND RUN THE JOINT WOULD HE ?? HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO WASTE ON THAT PLACE. JUST GOING BY WHAT HE TOLD ME LAST YEAR. AND PETE DIDN'T GIVE FREE PIT PASSES TO THE DRIVERS BOB.

Pete didn't give out free driver passes and his purse was considerably less and am I mistaken but I heard no points fund like Sowle either???

Chomping at the bit?? There's been no news out of the track in months and no one knows what's going to happen in 2015. You call that "chomping at the bit?" Again, I hope the place is a success, I like it.

Pete didn't give out free driver passes and his purse was considerably less and am I mistaken but I heard no points fund like Sowle either???

THAT IS TRUE 14J

LETS STOP ALL THE CRAP NOW -MIKE HAS NOT DECIDED WHAT HE WANTS TO DO NEXT YEAR-- I AM PUTTING TOGETHER A SCHEDULE OF DATES TO KEEP EVERYONES INTEREST UP.  EVERYONE --ALL THE PAST PROMOTERS HAVE WORKED HARD TO KEEP THE LITTLE TRACK OPEN AND NO ONE HAS INVESTED WHAT MIKE HAS. GLEN RIDGE WILL RUN IN 2015.

IT'S SO CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS CAN'T WE ALL JUST REFLECT ON WHAT A GOOD YEAR WE HAVE HAD AND REMEMBER THE REAL REASON FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON---- TO CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WETHER YOU BELIVE OR NOT.

PETE DEMITRASZEK

ps; when there is real news it will be on our site or facebook first.

• Like 20

I feel it's best that they are staying with Fridays. Sunday is just a tough sell. Look at UR which has been an established Sun. night track.  Last season they averaged about 18 mods. and sportsman, 12 pro stocks and  10 street stocks. My numbers may be little off, but I don't think I am too far off. GR is a goof fit for those who not want to battle with the big teams and   would probably call a 15 th place finish a "win" at AS. 5 th at GR probably pays better then 15 th at AS.

• Like 1

Thank you Pete for the right focus this time of year. I am thankful I have a choice of tracks on Friday nights and enjoy seeing different drivers with a chance to win and gain experience. I like the atmosphere and size of things there, bigger is not always better racing. Looking forward to next year at Glenridge on Friday's

• Like 6

I like Fridays at The Ridge and I will be there to support it. Thanks to Pete and Mike and thanks to Jake and Mike for the great racing they provided at The Ridge. Pete knows how to prep a race track, Always fast and usually smooth. Great racing!

• Like 3

WHAT??  No Thanks to me Dougie? I started the auto racing on the hill. Blame me for all this craziness. lol

I just want to say something about car counts. I've heard Howard Commander is greatly concerned about his modified car counts at the Valley too.

So it's not just the Ridge. Tracks all over the Country are struggling for car counts. Locally the problem is, there's only so many pieces of pie to go around.

If the costs to buy and maintain a race car keep going up, do you think it's going to get any better?

I THINK I SEEN THE LIGHT 2 YEARS AGO BOB AND WE WERE LOSING 2 GRAND A WEEK RUNNING SUNDAYS SO THAT AIN'T THE NITE.

Sunday afternoons would have done a lot better than Sunday Nights.

You may have lost money on Sunday nights, but the car counts were decent.

Even this year, the car counts for Sunday racing was better than after the switch to Fridays.

They gave up too soon on the Sunday shows.

If they want to draw cars from Malta, Saturday or Sundays are the only real choices.

Malta is the most successful model in the area, and going up against it, is not the answer.

• Like 1

I just read the AARN article and its pretty clear Pete is quoted as saying Sowle "is not likely to be involved and is all done." Between Mike not commenting and Petes comments I think that says it all.

looks like no big paydays at the ridge in 2015! that proves that racers will race for just a trophy! It's like beating a dead horse there. what a waste of time. you would be better off racing NASCAR on sundays. IE Utica and Devils Bowl!! Good luck racing for nothing at the Ridge!!!   What a joke !!JMO

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place...

Fridays are dominated by Malta pulling all the cars and Sundays is just too much for the mod teams to run three nights a week...

Now Sowle has apparently pulled the money bag on the place after all the hype and bad decisions...

Sad...

We were hoping to make it back but don't think we will invest if The Ridge is not on solid ground... 

WELL I HOPE THE HELL THEY DON'T WAIT MUCH LONGER ,I KNOW PETE IS BUSY KEEPING THINGS TOGEATHER YOU STILL HAVE TO LET RACERS KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON SO FAR ITS ALL NEGATIVE WE WANT TO HEAR SOME POSITIVE AND NOT A BUNCH OF BS !!!
  • Like 4

looks like no big paydays at the ridge in 2015! that proves that racers will race for just a trophy! ...Good luck racing for nothing at the Ridge!!!   ...

At the beginning of the season, Mike Sowle had more cars on Sundays and was paying less money to win, for less than a full field.

He switched to Fridays and had bigger payouts to the winners and free pit admission for all drivers, but still got less cars.

Sure, the Ridge is in love with the idea of running Fridays, but trying to force something to work is not the answer.

On Sundays, the track had issues with the sun in the driver's faces.

The driver's had issues with getting home and getting to bed for work on Monday.

And still they drew 18 or so modifieds on Sundays.

Starting at 1pm would get you a few more cars than last time and would stop the sun in the face issue.

Then some cars could even head to Utica for a double header day.

• Like 1

looks like no big paydays at the ridge in 2015! that proves that racers will race for just a trophy! ...Good luck racing for nothing at the Ridge!!! ...

At the beginning of the season, Mike Sowle had more cars on Sundays and was paying less money to win, for less than a full field.

He switched to Fridays and had bigger payouts to the winners and free pit admission for all drivers, but still got less cars.

Sure, the Ridge is in love with the idea of running Fridays, but trying to force something to work is not the answer.

The driver's had issues with getting home and getting to bed for work on Monday.

Starting at 1pm would get you a few more cars than last time and would stop the sun in the face issue.

So, was there free pit addmision or wasn't there. Looks like I'm not alone in having heard there was.

looks like no big paydays at the ridge in 2015! that proves that racers will race for just a trophy! ...Good luck racing for nothing at the Ridge!!!   ...

NOT TRUE PAUL IT WAS 2GRAND TO WIN THE FIRST FEW WEEKS . AND SOME GUYS GOT FREE TIRES AND RACECARS WHEN THEIRS GOT WRECKED !!!

What are the chances DIRT tries to force drivers like Varin, Hanson, etc, that run Fonda on Saturday, to run Malta on Friday. Will they, possibly, impose penalties on these teams if they run GR in direct conflict with Malta?? Something to think about.

looks like no big paydays at the ridge in 2015! that proves that racers will race for just a trophy! It's like beating a dead horse there. what a waste of time. you would be better off racing NASCAR on sundays. IE Utica and Devils Bowl!! Good luck racing for nothing at the Ridge!!!   What a joke !!JMO

Don't forget Brett Deyo's show...and maybe some racers don't race for the money, maybe they race as a hobby and for the fun of it, and the money just helps offset some expenses.  Not all of the racers in the Northeast race for a living and run 70+times per year.

To try to compare GR to Albany-Saratoga or any other long standing track with 25+ years of history is ridiculous.  While it was nice, I am not sure I understand why Mike Sowle was paying so much to win.  It helped a few drivers but the pay-out down through the rest of the field was average at best, so if you didn't win it was like running pretty much anywhere else.

The quality of racing at GR is far from a joke, and I personally applaud anyone (Pete in this case) who is working to try to keep a track open.  Last year it seemed like it was March before we knew what was going on, and the same people on here were crying about that too.  At least Pete came on here and stated things are in progress and he will report/provide an update when he can.  If you want more than that so you can make it through Christmas without crying in your Cheerios, pick up the blankin' phone and call him, I am sure he will share anything and everything that he can. 

PS: Most drivers do not want to run on afternoons, especially Sunday afternoons.  If that was such a great idea, tracks would have been doing it for years, and maybe I am wrong but I am not aware of any dirt tracks in the Northeast that have run weekly daytime shows in the last 20+ years and succeeded.  

Bob that only matters if your chasing super dirt car points.

I should have been more specific. I meant would they try to dock them points at their Saturday night tracks?? I realize they don't directly control what goes on at weekly tracks, but would they put pressure on promoters to penalize drivers that run GR over Malta??