I think glen ridge would be better off running specials only thru out the summer and quit trying to compete against malta.I don't believe sunday had anymore race cars than fri nights either.

• Like 3

blahh blahh blahh yahh yaah yaah...how soon we forget.wake up folks! the ridge has a very long history of bad calls, rough crashing and smashing and poor officiating. anyone want or need a history lesson on the past of the RIDGE??    the racers are sick of the hanson, varins, warners and the rest of the wanna be nascar  tough guys.....if the place is so great why so many issues??? enough said?

• Like 1

Numbers......Sunday Mod count average for 2014.....13.1 cars

Friday Mod count average for 2014........14.2 cars

Sunday Sportsman count average for 2014....16.4 cars

Friday Sportsman count average for 2014.......20.3 cars

In both cases Fridays were better for car count. 

Info from their Website results Page. I did the math.

I wish Pete the best luck on a successful season with Glen Ridge in 2015. We will be racing there in 2015 in the Mod class. I have always been a supporter of the speedway and will continue to due so! I personally like driving this track, and its close to home. 

I think if Pete were to set the rules now and a start date for the seasons it would end a lot of the Questions and negativity.  Bi-weekly updates and comments from the Track staff on their Facebook and Website would keep speculation low and this forum free of the "assumed" info its known for.

I did pick up the phone and talk to Pete, (he always answers) he told me what is going on, i encourage you to do the same. Just like we need to feel the confidence the track will open, he needs to know now that we as drivers and teams will support him and show up to race.  

Lets take the opportunity to thank all those involved in making it possible to have a place to race!  

See you all at the Track

And Happy Holidays!

Shaun Pangman

• Like 3

The only issue DIRTcar has with points is if a team runs a non DIRTcar sanctioned race on the day of a SDS race. Remember there are teams that run UR, which happens to be NASCAR sanctioned, on Sunday nights that also run the SDS.

How will it work with the Deyo series ? Will SDS drivers be allowed to race it at all?

The only issue DIRTcar has with points is if a team runs a non DIRTcar sanctioned race on the day of a SDS race. Remember there are teams that run UR, which happens to be NASCAR sanctioned, on Sunday nights that also run the SDS.

Yes, but UR has no DIRT Sunday night conflict. GR will now be in direct conflict with Malta, a DIRT sanctioned track less than 1 hour and 40 miles away. I hope they don't try to penalize teams, I want to see the place make it, but with what went on last year and their stand against Brett D, they may.

Based on past experience I can see no reason why DIRTcar would penalize anyone from running any weekly track. DIRTcar has nothing to do with weekly points other than taking the finishing order of the points at a weekly DIRTcar sanctioned track and giving bonus points towards the SDS Mr. DIRTcar title. There is also a regional point series that takes a drivers best 16 finishes ( I believe ) and adds them up to determine a point champion, so running more than one DIRTcar sanctioned track each weekend would be a bonus. Brett Hearn was this years winner of that point champoinship.

DIRTcar will not punish any drivers that want to run Brett Deyo's series as long as is it isn't on a night when there is a SDS race taking place, just like a driver would be punished for running any race that conflicted with a SDS race.

• Like 2

Thanks for the insight, Gary. I hope you're right, it would be pretty petty of them to do something like that. Good luck in 2015.

Easy Fix for car counts in the Modifieds. Go to the crate big Block or the Crate 358 special. Problem solved. The racing would be better and guys would make the motors last.

Chevrolet Performance 19201333 - Chevrolet Performance ZZ572 C.I.D. 620 HP Engine Assemblies
nal-19201333_w_s.jpg
Compare

Engine Assembly, Crate Engine, Chevy, 572, 620 hp, Each

Not Yet Reviewed

Part Number: NAL-19201333 More Detail...

Estimated Ship Date: Today

$14,129.97

• Like 1

no one is going to get rid of what they have to buy something  that isn't going to work anywhere else....not knowing from one season (or week to week) that the ridge is even going to be open ...not bashing...just responding to Keith`s posts

• Like 3

no one is going to get rid of what they have to buy something  that isn't going to work anywhere else....not knowing from one season (or week to week) that the ridge is even going to be open ...not bashing...just responding to Keith`s posts

Don't come on this site and make sensible statements Randy , you are going to cause chaos...!!!

:shock:  

• Like 5

You can't keep blaming Malta for the lack of success at glen ridge just because Malta is successful. The ridge tried Sundays and didn't do well either. People are setting the bar way to high for this track.

You can't keep blaming Malta for the lack of success at glen ridge just because Malta is successful. The ridge tried Sundays and didn't do well either. People are setting the bar way to high for this track.

IT DID GOOD UNTILL MALTA PUT THE CLAY BACK ON.

If  I was car owner id try to work with Ridge ur never going to make any money at Malta or Valley both tracks are ATM machines for # 20 theres no way ur going to get enough revenue to keep car on track without deep pockets......Sowle tried to help racers ....there like farmers  cant work together for common good.......Car owners are renting tracks nothing more or less  You can rent track A for $25.00 per lap.....track B for $10.00 per lap ....twist it around any way you want thats hard facts.....Id like some car owners + drivers to respond ...that Im wrong fellas that have bought with there own money cars motors haulers........spent $10k or more sevaral times to rebuild motor  tires fuel....cars ect.....car owners Happy Holidays.......

YOUR RIGHT MIKE SOWLE TRIED TO PAY A GOOD PURSE BUT GOT NO SUPPORT EXCEPT FROM THE REGULARS. I WAS THINKING ABOUT RACING AT THE RIDGE THIS YEAR ALSO BUT WITH NO DRIVER AND HELP THINGS ARE STILL UP IN THE AIR.

• Like 1

I think pete has showed the only way to survive at the ridge as a promoter is to lower the purses and not have a point fund.then we can all race for nothing on fri nights like everyone else does.soon at the end of the night the promoters will hand us a bill for the amount of laps we ran on their race track.

• Like 1

I'll be shocked if the mods run the ridge this year and I think after the new year that'll be announced. Also, you can have a points fund...what about the tire money from Hoosier or American Racer? Also most promoters get sponsors. All those boards aren't free!!!

come on jake, who you kidding your not going race two nights a week. if you are racing twice a week im sure finding a driver would be not a problem

I'M GOING TO BRING THIS UP ,I GOT MY INFO IN THE MAIL FOR FONDAS BANQUET  $40. FOR MEMBERS- $45 FOR NON MEM.MUST HAVE FONDA OR DIRT 2014 LICENSE FOR A MEAL THERE? MOST OF THE PEOPLE GOING ARE FROM FONDA AREA SO WHY TRAVEL OVER A HOUR AWAY I COULD SEE IT IF IT WAS A RESORT BUT TROY,NY. DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO SCREW THE PEOPLE FOR THAT EXTRA 5 BUCKS ?

come on jake, who you kidding your not going race two nights a week. if you are racing twice a week im sure finding a driver would be not a problem

FINDING A DRIVER IS NOT THE PROBLEM I HAVE HAD ALOT OF GOOD DRIVERS CALL ME TO DRIVE IT'S FINDING HELP TO KEEP IT ALL GOING . THE ONES THAT WANT TO WORK ON THE CAR LIVE FAR AWAY.

• Like 1

If Glen Ridge does NOT run mods in 2015 they might just as well turn it into a corn field. People in the stands go for the mods! You can say whatever you want but after any mod race the stands empty out at just about every track. Without people in the stands buying hotdogs, burgers, chicken, ect. you will be losing a hell of a lot more than they lost in 2014.

• Like 1

jake, heres four guys that would be a good fit for you at the ridge or fonda or anywhere for that matter,J Wilder B Bellinger K Wilder  J Hoenforst local guys,good on equipment,and im sure would be willing to work on the car Wilders and Bellinger many wins at the ridge and past champs multiple times Hoenforst also has wins at the ridge