I know, I know....another Glen Ridge topic.

Andy Bachetti motorsports posted on Facebook that he would be running the Ridge on Friday since I-88 is closed for the fair. Any chance we get some more invaders? Would love to see Mike Mahaney, Mitch Gibbs and others up on the hill.
  • Like 4
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 bucks means that much to you?

Why do those of you who continue to treat Malta and the Ridge like the Hatfields and McCoy's really care where anyone else goes to watch their racing on Friday night's? If you enjoy the racing at your

I have raced at the Valley, A-S,Devil's Bowl & virtually every track iin the northeast over the 47 year involvement with racing with one exception....Glenridge. In my opinion no other track can co

It's going to be a great night at Glen Ridge. Besides the regular card, the mini sprints will be invading the fast track. It's also a night to remember the late modified racer Bob "the Silver Bullet" Savoie. There will be many bonuses in his memory throughout the night, plus the Bob Savoie Memorial "Dash for 5" race. A dash for cash race. I believe it will consist of the mod heat winners and a random draw of all the mod drivers for three more cars to be added to the dash. 5 cars..10 laps..$500. to win in Bob's memory. I believe all dash cars will receive money for their finishing spot. 

• Like 1

But why when things seem to be going good, would they raise the price back to $10 . I was going ,but now not so sure.

Simple solution is that you dont go to The Ridge and pay $10. Instead, just go to another track and pay $10 or more. The way the racing is at The Ridge, $10 is a deal! It will be the best $10 I spend all week. 

• Like 3

One reason is probably because of the added purse of the mini sprints?  Pete took the hit and saved fans money for a few weeks. It cost a lot to run even a little track like Glen Ridge. Jake will tell you.  I'm sure there will be more $5. Fridays in the future.  What's another $5. ??  $5. doesn't even buy anything off the fast food menu worth a darn these days. 

• Like 1

Besides this week, word is you'll see invaders like Andy Bachetti and possibly Danny Creeden, Mike Mahaney and others traveling up from I-88 speedway. I also heard Stew Freisen may be back. Plus the Bob Savoie Memorial Modified 10 lap Dash is an added bonus. Prize money for that coming from sponsors. 

I can't wait for Friday night. 25 minutes from home, and only 10 bucks for consistently the best racing around. Pete has done a great job staying the course this year and it's definitely showing.
  • Like 2
Of course he is. Surprised he wouldn't just go and cherry pick at Accord actually. I was surprised to see that he was going to the Ridge. Nothing against him,but would've been a nice addition for the week.

Of course he is. Surprised he wouldn't just go and cherry pick at Accord actually. I was surprised to see that he was going to the Ridge. Nothing against him,but would've been a nice addition for the week.

No such thing as cherry picking at Accord. One of the reasons he left was because he was struggling the last 2 years. You must be drinking Ridge wine.

I'd like to know what that phone call was like between Howie & Andy and how much money was offered. I for one will be at Glen Ridge this week, if my buddy wants to go.

I for one will be at Glen ridge, if i don't go to Malta...

http://www.wavlist.com/movies/262/fmj-numnuts.wav

I'd like to know what that phone call was like between Howie & Andy and how much money was offered. I for one will be at Glen Ridge this week, if my buddy wants to go.

Maybe something like this... Andy remember where you loyalty lies,  we would hate to see a NASCAR style caution come out when you're leading at the Valley with 2 to go... catch my drift... see you at Malta on Friday... right! Need some extra travel money... ok I'm cool with that!

• Like 2

Or maybe something like this... Andy even your freakin brother in law does not race there. Why would you? 

REDD you seem very loyal to the Ridge which is commendable. Why is it a bad thing for Andy to remain loyal to Howie? There is a SDS race coming up that he might want get some notes for.

Or maybe something like this... Andy even your freakin brother in law does not race there. Why would you? 

REDD you seem very loyal to the Ridge which is commendable. Why is it a bad thing for Andy to remain loyal to Howie? There is a SDS race coming up that he might want get some notes for.

Or not piss off the "Boss Man"

Thank you for noticing I've been loyal to GRMP thru the years... I never said anything derogatory about Andy or his loyalty, he races where he wants to, when he wants to & is pretty damn good at it, but he was supposedly coming to the Ridge (where he has raced before) but when it's announced he is, all of a sudden there is a change of venue, ... maybe it's my suspicious mind that it smells of something it isn't... only wished he was coming back to the Ridge, we enjoy racing with him in the field!

Or not piss off the "Boss Man"

Thank you for noticing I've been loyal to GRMP thru the years... I never said anything derogatory about Andy or his loyalty, he races where he wants to, when he wants to & is pretty damn good at it, but he was supposedly coming to the Ridge (where he has raced before) but when it's announced he is, all of a sudden there is a change of venue, ... maybe it's my suspicious mind that it smells of something it isn't... only wished he was coming back to the Ridge, we enjoy racing with him in the field!

Fair enough. Why would Andy choose to race at Accord for a number of years and now I 88 instead of Malta. Wouldn`t that piss off the boss or is this another Malta vs The Ridge pissing contest that I have stupidly joined in on without realizing until now.

By the way suspicious minds is my favorite Elvis song next to Trouble.

the point is that pete stood on the front stretch a few weeks ago and said if he got 150-200 more people he would leave the price at$5. Last weeks crowd was the best all year and now the price goes up to $10!