Sign in to follow this  
paulgarrow

Jake Spraker - What's the story?

At Malta Friday someone told me Matty D was all done as the promoter at Fonda at the end of the season.

They named you and Mike as most likely replacements.

Any truth at all or BS?

I heard he got hired to sell salt potatoes next year...

Nope... there is no money in food sales at Fonda .... lol

• Like 1

Urban myth... Or Fonda myth...Jake can squeeze a buck out of a sack of taters... I just don't suggest he set up near my pit!!!! Lol

Why would delorenzo leave? He's made the place so much better

I believe that he is missing all the racing that he used to do.  imagine that it is near impossible to field a successful race team with all the time spent tp keep Fonda at the level that it is at now.....JMO

there's an old saying about some grass and a fence.... i'm guessing that might fit here...

• Like 2

Also, he's dumped a ton of money in and may not be getting enough in return. Judging by crowd sizes this year, with the exception of Opening night and the Jack Tribute, it seems a little slow. But what do I know, he may be doing fine and this could be a load.
  • Like 1

WE HAVE NOT TALKED SERIOUSLY YET !!

If you did take over would you call it GlenFonda or FondaRidge?

IT WOULD BE CALLED THE OLD FONDA SPEEDWAY !! IF ANYTHING HAPPENS.

• Like 4

WE HAVE NOT TALKED SERIOUSLY YET !!

If you did take over would you call it GlenFonda or FondaRidge?

IT WOULD BE CALLED THE OLD FONDA SPEEDWAY !! IF ANYTHING HAPPENS.

Great! Maybe just two divisions, great track conditions

Also, he's dumped a ton of money in and may not be getting enough in return. Judging by crowd sizes this year, with the exception of Opening night and the Jack Tribute, it seems a little slow. But what do I know, he may be doing fine and this could be a load.

Banned 3 drivers just this year. Montgomry, Scarburough and the street stock guy.That cant help much.

Banned 3 drivers just this year. Montgomry, Scarburough and the street stock guy.That cant help much.

Would it be better to keep these types racing there? I think this type thing should be more common, not less.

• Like 2

Would it be better to keep these types racing there? I think this type thing should be more common, not less.

In years past i would say yes because the drivers would police it via an ass kicking or a trip to the wall, but nowadays if you retaliate the track operators go ballistic & fear the lawyers & insurance companys. Therefore they have to ban certain ones who commit these violations...JMO

• Like 1

Mr Gleason dropped a ton of money you mean

last saturday night they announced something for seniors ?

If they could reach 500 paid admissions , something would or wouldn't  happen ..

I really didnt listen but was kinda surprised with the low number.

Delorenzo has publicly stated how disappointed he is with attendence this year.

maybe its true......

I heard rumor about 3 months ago, that Matty was tired of it and losing money. But that's Rumor.  Running a race track is a 24/7 job. He probably would rather see his Family more and race himself. I've also heard about 4 different names that are waiting to put a bid in if it opens up. One would be real good, because the management group has the money and is a successful businessman and has been involved in racing. (Not Howard)  I guess when the time comes we will all know what's going on. Other than that, it's all speculation, hopes and dreams. 

Maybe Johnny Scarborough will try to take it over?