Is the Lucas oil series more favorable over the Woo? I was just wondering if it is easier on the home life or better pay. I was thinking (wishing) he was going to return and do more mod stuff after the year he has had.

Davenport, Roberts, Eckert, Bailes, Madden, Franklin, Fergy, Weaver, Frank, Briggs, Watkins, Allen, LaBonte, and a ton of others.

Wait time is like 4 months.

Is the Lucas oil series more favorable over the Woo? I was just wondering if it is easier on the home life or better pay. I was thinking (wishing) he was going to return and do more mod stuff after the year he has had.

The Lucas series is a little less traveling, has more of the proverbial "Crown Jewels" and they've raised the purse for weekend races to 12k to win and 1k to start for 2016, however, the WoO pays a much better point fund.

Another rumor for next year is Steve Francis back to the WoO.

There is different chassis talk but nothing is set yet

Capital might be a good move too. Clanton's year speaks for itself, but Marlar's has been bad fast in his and Jughans' improvement has been remarkable.

Yes there has been a mass leaving of Rocket and other chassis like them. It no secret the longhorns have been fast with Davenport winning basically everything in one. Also Rick Eckert won their 2nd night out i believe with the Longhorn. Capital race cars has been ganging ground as well as Darrel Lannigans Club 29 race cars. Tim going to the Lucas Series would make a TON of sense. More crown jewel events and more full time runners. So Tim moving over, and the announcement that Darrel Lannigan is replacing Steve Francis as the driver of the Clint Bower 15 and the team running Club 29's is big news for Lucas oil. 

Yes there has been a mass leaving of Rocket and other chassis like them. It no secret the longhorns have been fast with Davenport winning basically everything in one. Also Rick Eckert won their 2nd night out i believe with the Longhorn. Capital race cars has been ganging ground as well as Darrel Lannigans Club 29 race cars. Tim going to the Lucas Series would make a TON of sense. More crown jewel events and more full time runners. So Tim moving over, and the announcement that Darrel Lannigan is replacing Steve Francis as the driver of the Clint Bower 15 and the team running Club 29's is big news for Lucas oil.

There really hasn't been a mass leaving any brand. National touring guys switching around doesn't really reflect the local and regional numbers of guys in a particular brand.

And things run in cycles. This year, Longhorn was super hot. Last year, it was the Club. The year before, it was Rocket, the year before that, it was Team Zero, the year before that, it was Victory Circle. The year before.....

It's very likely next year the hot chassis will be something different. Supposedly, a one shock per wheel rule is coming down the pike, and whoever figures the it out first will likely be the chassis that everybody suddenly switches too.

Just because others go good in a Longhorn doesn't mean tmac would. It all depends driving style, motor combination, and shocks to round out the package. Who would have thought him and the 4 star team would struggle with an HFC, but then a "little" guy like Danny Creeden is kicking butt in one along with a bunch of others. Look at yesterday's winner. He struggled all season in a troyer, then put him back in a bicknell and he had a great weekend.

A move to the Lucas Oil Series would be a positive for the financial side of it

4 races at $20,000 to win

1 race at $25,000 to win

2 races at $30,000 to win

3 races at $40,000 to win

1 race at $50,000 to win

1 race at $100,000 to win

And could still hit the WoO races at Volusia, Firecracker 100(30K), PDC@Fairbury(25K), USA Natl's @Cedar Lake(50K) and World Finals and UMP races (Dream and World 100@Eldora)

Not sure what Tim is doing period next year. It didnt even make mention of the late model for next year. As for Norm i highly doubt that Norm has quite the reputation of being very very difficult to work with. Norm had Meme Desantis run for him and they combined for one win. Now Bobby Varin is the driver and to say they haven't had success would be an understatement.

I think it's pretty much a given Tim will be in a late model again in 2016. That's where the money is. Word on the street is that a chassis switch is on the horizon.

Another one?  He's gone from Rocket to Warrior and back to Rocket again.  Now another switch... How can you ever get comfortable in one chassis if you're always changing?

Pretty sure he even used a Victory Circle chassis a few years ago as well.

The Lucas series is a little less traveling, has more of the proverbial "Crown Jewels" and they've raised the purse for weekend races to 12k to win and 1k to start for 2016, however, the WoO pays a much better point fund.

What does each series pay?? How much better is point fund?

Its just a matter of opinion of course. But the Lucas field of competitors has seemed a lot more stacked than the WoO over the last couple years.

Lucas hasn't come anywhere near TMac's home area last few years though like the WoO does with the NY/PA dates and Canada.

Not anywhere near enough late model races for my liking in the northeast period. WoO or Lucas. But I cant blame the promoters. I love watching them. The Super Lates are my favorite. But everybody else it seems does not. The crowd just isn't there like it is for the sprints.

It's been hit or miss in the late model shows I've been to in NY.

The weedsport show I went to this year wasn't well attended at all. The CMP show was decent last year but I went to Fonda the first couple years they had Lucas and they had really good crowds. Granted they ran the modifieds with them both times so that probably helped.

Lucas hasn't come anywhere near TMac's home area last few years though like the WoO does with the NY/PA dates and Canada.

Lucas is generally off during the WoO's northern swing. That probably played into the decision.

What does each series pay?? How much better?

Its just a matter of opinion of course. But the Lucas field of competitors has seemed a lot more stacked than the WoO over the last couple years.

The WoO's point fund pays 100k to the winner and pays back 12 spots. Lucas pays 75k and pays back 10.

So does Anyone know what he will run at world finals for a mod?? I don't think Tmac meant anything extremely negative when saying they switched to a different manufacturer. I just think having the success they did over several years it was puzzling they changed chassis when they had a good thing going. I think it would be difficult to dial in a car when only running a few shows a year so to me it didn't make sense to switch given the track record they had. But it was Salerno's dime so he can change if he wants.

So does Anyone know what he will run at world finals for a mod?? I don't think Tmac meant anything extremely negative when saying they switched to a different manufacturer. I just think having the success they did over several years it was puzzling they changed chassis when they had a good thing going. I think it would be difficult to dial in a car when only running a few shows a year so to me it didn't make sense to switch given the track record they had. But it was Salerno's dime so he can change if he wants.

I apologize for not getting into the details of the whole situation, but that was the quote he gave me.  He didn't mention shocks etc.  It was not my intention to attack anyone, was just quoting what the driver stated.