I believe jakes referring to food permits and beer permit. It takes time to get that stuff and get everything situated. As with anything with the government, you don't just call and get it in a day unfortunately.

unless you go to Albany & grease the proper palms, then you can get whatever you want right away

• Like 1

Shouldnt be a problem because Cuomo is a big dirt track fan.  He loves dirt modifieds. Just ask Larry Wight. The new promoter can invite the governor to the opener in April. Im sure Cuomo will put the paperwork for the permits on the top of the pile. lol.

IF YOU REMEMBER RIC CALLED IT THE NEW FONDA SPEEDWAY SO WE WOULD CALL IT THE 'OLD FONDA SPEEDWAY' SO LIKE BEFORE WHEN THE PLACE WAS BUSY  AND GREAT IDEA ABOUT THE GOVERNOR !!

Unless the new promoter is going to pay a few top name drivers to race there against stew the fan count will be no better..

Can we please see the return of twin 50s, twin 20s, 4 20s... those where the days....
  • Like 4

One more request, if its the old fonda, back to handicapping the top 18.. nothing better then seeing lape,jack,cd coming from 16th 17th 18th.. when one of them started 12th everyone new they were going to win start that far up. Now 12th is considered starting in the back
  • Like 2

One more request, if its the old fonda, back to handicapping the top 18.. nothing better then seeing lape,jack,cd coming from 16th 17th 18th.. when one of them started 12th everyone new they were going to win start that far up. Now 12th is considered starting in the back

I AGREE SOME WHAT WITH WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

What do you need a beer permit for? Not at all neccessary to operate a race track

Matter of fact, Fonda would put more people in the seats without one

Fonda may put more people in the seats without one, but Ill bet that doesnt come close in revenue to what the beer booth brings in... 

• Like 2

Fonda has been handicapping 15 cars for the modifieds for a few years now. And if we're going to handicap 18 cars then I'll expect the features to be 35 laps like they were when 18 cars were handicapped.
  • Like 3

Fonda may put more people in the seats without one, but Ill bet that doesnt come close in revenue to what the beer booth brings in...

That may be the case right now, maybe not? But people that go every week claim the place is empty. So who's buying it? It might take a year or two see the difference. But I'd take that bet. Everyone claims the area is broke, people don't have the money to go to the races. Give people more of a reason to show up. Stop tripping over dollar bills to pick up quarters.

That may be the case right now, maybe not? But people that go every week claim the place is empty. So who's buying it? It might take a year or two see the difference. But I'd take that bet. Everyone claims the area is broke, people don't have the money to go to the races. Give people more of a reason to show up. Stop tripping over dollar bills to pick up quarters.

You can't run a business at a loss for a few years in the hopes of eventually turning a profit (if might have worked for Jeff Bezos at Amazon but that is an exception to the rule). There are bills that have to be paid each and every week of the year. I feel badly for Matty D and his group for all of the blood, sweat, tears and money they spent fixing up Fonda.

What are they charging for a beer now? Say its 4 bucks a beer, that beer probably costs less that 1.50 (including your taxes, staff, etc. you can get a 30 rack of budweiser cans for under 25 bucks RETAIL...)... so you are making 2.50 a beer... Say you sell a 100 beers, thats 250 bucks profit... At 10 bucks a person, that means you have to put 1 person in the seats for every 4 beers purchased if those costs are accurate... Thats a whole lotta people that have left because of the drunks that would come back to match that revenue source....

Business (bars and tracks) don't pay retail. There not supposed to be able to buy their beer retail. But regardless. Let's take your 100 beers at 250 dollar profit. Divide that by 12 bucks to get in . You only need to get 21 more adults to come through gate. Tell them they can bring their own, I think you will get way more than 21 adults. Jmo. And that's assuming that none of those people will spend a nickel on anything else once inside. How do all the tracks that don't sell manage to stay open if it's so important ?? Just an idea is all

The cost of insurance is one of the main reasons you are not allowed to bring your own alcohol. I am constantly amazed and disgusted at the people who have to get drunk every time they go to a race track or for that matter any other sporting event or concert. When you consider the amount of destroyed lives that result from that behavior you can imagine why the cost of liability insurance is so high.

• Like 2

What tracks don't sell beer? And I don't think Fonda is losing fans because they don't allow you to bring in beer.....
  • Like 1

It is just an idea. I have been to several tracks that allow drinks and food of any kind. Beer included. And concessions still have a line
  • Like 1

22racingteam, That may have been true when you couldn't go to your car.....would more people go if they could bring their own beer probably but I don't think it would be a significant number.

Doesn't Fonda allow you to bring in food and beverages? Just no beer???

What tracks don't sell beer? And I don't think Fonda is losing fans because they don't allow you to bring in beer.....

Accord & I88 dont., I think 5 Mile & PennCann don't either.