Are you allowed to bring it into the stands with you? Thanks for the responses.....I was aware of a couple of those listed. I thought I88 sold it at the track???

Yes u can bring in anything but beer. Pretty much the same policy of all tracks

definetly not the same at a lot of tracks. This discussion was brought up after syracuse. A lot of tracks in CNY follow the policy no outside food or drinks .

21 people... for every 100 beers sold... I'm pretty sure they sell more than a 100 beers a night.

But don't mind me.. I'm all for limiting any revenue stream at a track where a promoter is getting out early because he wasn't making money...

If some people want to see handicapping the top 18,they need to start doing points for heats. What would be the point of even running heats when there's only 6-8 cars a heat,and that's the beginning of the year.JMO

21 people... for every 100 beers sold... I'm pretty sure they sell more than a 100 beers a night.

But don't mind me.. I'm all for limiting any revenue stream at a track where a promoter is getting out early because he wasn't making money...

So then you need 42 people? lol 100 beers is the number you came up with.

And I was assuming every adult that comes in will buy four of them. Probably not. I'd take 12 dollars guaranteed money at the gate versus what they might or might not spend inside myself.

Point was, obviously selling beer is not a requirement for operating a speedway, and making money. Or there would not be a single race track still open that does not.

None of our tracks in NJ sell beer and Bridgeport has a local ordinance that in theory keeps you from bringing it on track grounds... And who is staying home because they can't bring beer to the track? We enjoy a few beers at New Egypt each week we go but if they put a stop to it, it would in no way alter our plans. We'd just buy a beer or two each night if we felt so inclined. I would venture to guess a track makes a nice chunk of change on the brewski's and that if you did the apples to apples any uptick in attendance wouldn't cover the spread.

JP

• Like 2

DeLorenzo elaborated that it was not one thing that led to the decision to ask out of the contract. 
“The investors want out. We can’t keep digging in our pockets to keep the place going,” he said. “We invested over $400,000 into the place and we are not getting anything back in return. We can’t keep digging into our pockets to keep the place going. It is a business decision.” 

This pretty much sounds like most race teams too. Big investments...Nothing in return. How long does a Dinosaur live without food? The purses that tracks are able to pay can't feed teams enough to keep buying $40,000 - $60,000 engines. And there isn't enough sponsors out there. Just my thoughts.   As far as fans in the stands..Maybe if they put cell phone, I Phone and Xbox games in every seat, they can get kids to come to the races.  lol  I sat behind a youngster at the World Finals. 90% of the time his nose was stuck in his Iphone playing games. The writing is on the wall. Drastic changes are needed IMO. And Beer is the least of the worries. 

• Like 2

Are you allowed to bring it into the stands with you? Thanks for the responses.....I was aware of a couple of those listed. I thought I88 sold it at the track???

People were bringing 18 pks (or partial) into 5 Mile, PennCann & Thunder Mountain. Don't remember at I88 or Accord.

I don't doubt Matt and partners invested a lot of money into the place. I'm just trying to figure out what business plan they had where they thought they'd see a return on that investment in just two years?? If these guys are business men or ladies, they must know it would take all of 5+ years to start turning a profit and that's without dumping a boatload of money in. I guess being in that chair I can see the craziness about tha statement but I also see on here some think promoters need a rake to bring the money in and it sounds like some of his investors may have been a little delusional too. One thing that matts super right about, the time it takes to do it right. If you want a good track biz it's a full time job and you don't just flip the trash barrels over at 4pm on race day and go racing. Time is the biggest issue I think for him.

Rumor has it Stew may be calling Orange County home next year..  Can you say Halmar.....

Rumor has it Stew may be calling Orange County home next year..  Can you say Halmar.....

or Atlas Paving??? They have had plenty of success there.

• Like 1

I absolutely hated walking through all the drunk people when they had the beer booth near the turn four ticket window . If you want to get drunk and just socialize go to the bar or go tailgate in the parking lot . I like that they put in the beer garden area that they have now . You can actually walk in the walkways to your seat .
  • Like 1

That is true that Accord does not allow beer on the property . Look all around the property or in the back of pick up truck beds at the end of the night , and tell me that no one drinks on the property .

None of our tracks in NJ sell beer and Bridgeport has a local ordinance that in theory keeps you from bringing it on track grounds... And who is staying home because they can't bring beer to the track? We enjoy a few beers at New Egypt each week we go but if they put a stop to it, it would in no way alter our plans. We'd just buy a beer or two each night if we felt so inclined. I would venture to guess a track makes a nice chunk of change on the brewski's and that if you did the apples to apples any uptick in attendance wouldn't cover the spread.

JP

I like to have a couple beers when I go see a race. If it turned out to be a big deal and the track didnt allow beer, then I wouldnt give that track my business. The people that post on here about all of the "supposed drunks" at all of these tracks must have drinking problems and are upset they cant buy a beer or two while they enjoy the races.Its part of the atmosphere for as long as I can remember. Kinda like going to the ballpark. Its like the movie theatre not selling popcorn if they dont sell beer or let you bring it in.  I guess its ok for some of the fat pigs I see eating cheese fries all night long and taking up two seats or sitting in front of me so I have no leg room.  Bottom line is there is no good reason I cant responsibly have a couple beers when Im enjoying the races. 

• Like 1

JP

I like to have a couple beers when I go see a race. If it turned out to be a big deal and the track didnt allow beer, then I wouldnt give that track my business. The people that post on here about all of the "supposed drunks" at all of these tracks must have drinking problems and are upset they cant buy a beer or two while they enjoy the races.Its part of the atmosphere for as long as I can remember. Kinda like going to the ballpark. Its like the movie theatre not selling popcorn if they dont sell beer or let you bring it in.  I guess its ok for some of the fat pigs I see eating cheese fries all night long and taking up two seats or sitting in front of me so I have no leg room.  Bottom line is there is no good reason I can responsibly have a couple beers when Im enjoying the races. 

There is nothing wrong with enjoying beer responsibly. However the cemeteries are filled with those who didn't drink responsibly and unfortunately they take others with them. I am disgusted with the sloppy drunks that I find at various race tracks.

• Like 2

Just because Accord does not allow beer on the propert does not mean they enforce it. They do not allow it in the stands, and while the parking lot enforcent may be a bit tame, i have seen them throw people off the property when they were getting a bit too rowdy with it. If you keep it low key they will most likely not say anything, or even notice.
  • Like 1

I will say one thing that really turned me off on Fonda the first time i went there were the drunks. Not that there were a ton of them, just a handfull that hung out along the walkway near the restrooms. These guys were bad, real bad, and were there every time i went, which was only a few times a year. Seemed like they were friends with what the track tried to pass off as security so no one ever did anything about it. Not saying this is still going on as i have not been back in several years, but no way i would have ever taken a family there at the time with that bunch down there.
  • Like 1

JP

I like to have a couple beers when I go see a race. If it turned out to be a big deal and the track didnt allow beer, then I wouldnt give that track my business. The people that post on here about all of the "supposed drunks" at all of these tracks must have drinking problems and are upset they cant buy a beer or two while they enjoy the races.Its part of the atmosphere for as long as I can remember. Kinda like going to the ballpark. Its like the movie theatre not selling popcorn if they dont sell beer or let you bring it in.  I guess its ok for some of the fat pigs I see eating cheese fries all night long and taking up two seats or sitting in front of me so I have no leg room.  Bottom line is there is no good reason I can responsibly have a couple beers when Im enjoying the races. 

There is nothing wrong with enjoying beer responsibly. However the cemeteries are filled with those who didn't drink responsibly and unfortunately they take others with them. I am disgusted with the sloppy drunks that I find at various race tracks.

I agree 100% with you on that.

Fonda has been handicapping 15 cars for the modifieds for a few years now. And if we're going to handicap 18 cars then I'll expect the features to be 35 laps like they were when 18 cars were handicapped.

I would love to see 35 lap features again, not even sure when that changed.

• Like 1

Just because Accord does not allow beer on the propert does not mean they enforce it. They do not allow it in the stands, and while the parking lot enforcent may be a bit tame, i have seen them throw people off the property when they were getting a bit too rowdy with it. If you keep it low key they will most likely not say anything, or even notice.

exactly. Supposedly there's no more tailgating allowed at Bills games either . Must of been hallucinating yesterday? Lol