Only 3.2 beer is sold in Oklahoma so that BYOB you pick up at the supermarket in Tulsa or buy at the track is going to have a little less kick than the beer you normally might drink at home. You can find the higher ABV craft beers in town, but only at liquor stores.

Or bring your own from home

miller lite is only 1.2% :mellow:

Watch yer mouth! :P

Section AA row 4 seats 1&2 and its the 3-4 grandstand

Our seats are behind you, Section AA Row 33 Seats 5-6 & 11-12! I'm sure you will see me up & down the bleachers during the week, as the ice cold ML's get flowing lol.

There are tons of restaurants & bars in Tulsa, many open late, following the races each night. You will see a lot of drivers/teams enjoying some adult beverages afterwards. Last time I went out in 2011, Elephant Run (inside Best Western) was still open, haven't heard otherwise? In 2011, a few of my Cali friends took me to a Country & Western Bar (I hate Country music lol), but I don't recall the name of it. Another popular bar is the Town Pump, it's a little rinky dink small town type bar. It's right out front of the Embassy Suites I-44, where we stay all week.

Things to do, there is The Woodland Hills Mall. Eateries near the mall are, Olive Garden, Twin Peaks, On The Border, Longhorn Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Cheesecake Factory, etc... Not far from the mall, Tulsa has an Incredible Pizza Co. If you like video games, bowling, mini golf, go carts, etc... It's all indoors. Incredible Pizza Co Tulsa website. http://tulsaincrediblepizza.com/family-fun/ipc/. Not too far, in Broken Arrow, there is a Bass Pro Shops. Of course, there's always the Trade Show inside the Expo Center. The building is usually open all day. You will find plenty of things to keep yourself busy during the daytime.

Tulsa Streets, if you look at the city on a map, it's set up as a grid, like a checker board. It's very easy to navigate.

Weather, like Jay said, can be hit or miss. Plan for anything! I've been there when it was in the 70's, and I've been there when they had a major ice storm that shut the whole city down for a couple days. Including the airport. It will get cold at night.
  • Like 2

I think all my questions have been answered here. Thanks to all you guys for taking the time to fill me in on things. I'll be happy when the date is finally here seems like iv been planning this whole trip out since June. Only one question left. Will this year be Kyle Larson's year?? I'm hoping so.
  • Like 1

Well, my first choice would be JJ Yeley, but if JJ can't win it, I'll be rooting for Kyle Larson or Brady Bacon.
  • Like 1

Well, my first choice would be JJ Yeley, but if JJ can't win it, I'll be rooting for Kyle Larson or Brady Bacon.

I wish Larson didn't spin at the beginning last year. Would've been an even better race than it was.
  • Like 1

Sammy Swindell

Look at Leroy, really steppin out on that skinny branch!
  • Like 1

Sammy Swindell

Look at Leroy, really steppin out on that skinny branch!
hahaa! I like Sammy . Mostly because everyone else does not. Lol
The guy is good. That's all there is to it
  • Like 1

I've got to go with the 2015 winner:

"Rico, Rico, Rico, Rico..."

[media]https://youtu.be/TV_SBD8pl9Q[/media]

I'll go with Rico for the repeat, too. That kid is just so fun to watch wheel a midget or sprint car.And I don't think we're too far away from him running NASCAR full time and moving away from the dirt races like Larson.

JP

If I understand right? There are no weight limits on the midget cars? At least not for chili bowl. That alone should give Rico a distinct advantage

If I understand right? There are no weight limits on the midget cars? At least not for chili bowl. That alone should give Rico a distinct advantage

Sanctioned Midget races, yes, each sanctioning body has its own rules. The CB is a whole different animal, their rules are very minimal. Get your car as light as you can!

Why didn't he run the Turkey night Grand Prix last week ? They said during time trials that he was going to take time . They never said what the problem was .

Why didn't he run the Turkey night Grand Prix last week ? They said during time trials that he was going to take time . They never said what the problem was .

Brady did run his heat & the feature, he started tail in both after missing TT's. They never said what the issue was that caused him to miss TT's.