A few unanswered questions here, who was making the decision to tech the winner was it the track or Deyo? This was a Deyo race so if he made the decision is this something new to tech the winner or have they been doing this at every race? Do they only tech the winner and was the Meier car teched seeing how he was the winner?

• Like 2

No Meier was not. Meier and his crew wanted to be and asked to be but Dini called it off. I do not believe it was Deyo's doing. It all created quite a stir. OCFS is really the only Deyo show that has more rules for weights and engine displacement, and also body panel styles. His rules were simple and the top 5 should have been teched. They were all certainly there and ready to be teched. It all happened really quickly. The rest of the top 5's willingness to be teched tells me there probably was no issues with them. However, the more rules made, the more tech is required. I KNOW Brett Deyo will take this situation and learn from it. Im sure he will have his own tech team next time or something. All in all I thought it was a great show. Brett and Stew put a good show up front. The big blocks struggled a bit, tire wear was extreme. That was due to the weather. Hope this clears some of the fuzz up. Brett Deyo is a hard working promoter doing his best and sticking his neck out there for fans and racers alike. We should not lose sight of this.

• Like 18

whole story crazy......good business people should be ready for any issue that comes up .....this whole deal is BS .....this is 2016 ......if no one else was asked to tear down.....pay # 20 out of promoters pocket .....this will learn him to get it together......you can't single #20 out.....If I had a 50k motor I would not want people fooling with it .....in the dirt .....they can drive 30 min to ck out engine in clean shop......Winners owner sells Bicknell has maybe biggest retail racing shop around.......Hearn family sells TEO and also sells parts......this is the game that 's going on here......ask fans and I think they want to see #20 there ?.....What are the rules for these shows so every person knows 30 days before race......you want racers to come to track with 100k to 500k worth of cars , haulers . and guess what may or not be rules after event......depending on who wins......we will tear down certain cars if they win but not all ?.....hopefully we can bait certain owners to refuse so certain people do well ?......this is how this may look and it should not of happened ......flat out no reason for promoter to lose control of (tech people)...slack outfit ....buck stops with promoter period.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, old racer said:

whole story crazy......good business people should be ready for any issue that comes up .....this whole deal is BS .....this is 2016 ......if no one else was asked to tear down.....pay # 20 out of promoters pocket .....this will learn him to get it together......you can't single #20 out.....If I had a 50k motor I would not want people fooling with it .....in the dirt .....they can drive 30 min to ck out engine in clean shop......Winners owner sells Bicknell has maybe biggest retail racing shop around.......Hearn family sells TEO and also sells parts......this is the game that 's going on here......ask fans and I think they want to see #20 there ?.....What are the rules for these shows so every person knows 30 days before race......you want racers to come to track with 100k to 500k worth of cars , haulers . and guess what may or not be rules after event......depending on who wins......we will tear down certain cars if they win but not all ?.....hopefully we can bait certain owners to refuse so certain people do well ?......this is how this may look and it should not of happened ......flat out no reason for promoter to lose control of (tech people)...slack outfit ....buck stops with promoter period.....

What kind of bs is this?

It's been said the tech inspector refused to tech anyone after Brett's team refused tech.   If i ran a race track and had one of my works tell me they were not going to do what i asked them to do, They'd be an X employee pretty quick.

• Like 9

Stop! they had all the time in the world to know the rules and you don,t have close to 900 wins ,with out knowing the rules, and have your motor taking down at the track once in a while ,Spare me! the BS, You can double talk all you want  it is Hearn who was the fly in the ointment  here .Jerry Higbie is 100% right. Hearn fans want to throw Dayo on the alter of sacrifice  to save Hearn,s reputation for Being an ego filled fool Saturday.

• Like 1

What i can tell you is that type of tech issue will never happen again at a Deyo show....  Brett will make sure he has the right people in place ....

• Like 1

Not sticking up for what BH did or someone from his team did, since he was on the track but how can you dq someone for declining tech and then not tech anyone else? That whole thing seems fishy and given what happened at esw with the same car not getting teched makes you wonder what they are hiding in the meier car

• Like 2

My only complaint.......I'm not Hearn fan is others we're not held to same standard period.....If this went to Judge Judy.....she would rule in #20 s favor for that reason alone.....(joke).....now was wondering what #88 lap times we're in 602s ?.....compared to first true BB that finished.....that would give promoters some answers on how good a good 602 can run there.....what was times at race end in BB compared to #88 in 602s race that fallowed BB ?......

If the information that I received from a very good source is correct, Brett was considering running OCFS in 2016 but the track needed to be resurfaced and Tech Inspector Bob Dini needed to be removed from his position. 

I was at OCFS this past Saturday and I appreciated Brett Deyo taking the time to address the crowd and thank us for attending the Hard Clay Open. Not enough promoter's take the time to address the fans in the stands and thank them for their support. I thought the track looked in very good shape and pretty much dust free. I enjoyed the really good racing in both divisions and the fact Maxwell's had their London Broil Steak Sandwiches available made for a great day.   The track seemed to be very abrasive on tires which baffled me a little bit as some teams run the same tires for the entire Eastern States 200.  Maybe it has a little to do with the different tire compounds between Hoosier and American Racer. 

It's a shame that the day was overshadowed by what happened in the tech area.  Brett Deyo did say that his STSS Tech Inspector was unavailable for the race and that Bob Dini would be the Substitute Tech Inspector.  I guess that will never happen again. If the top 5 were to be tech'd, then that's what should have happened regardless. I'm puzzled as to why Brett Hearn or according to Brett his engine owner Kevand Cross's decision to refuse tech.  This being a Brett Deyo STSS promoted race had nothing to do with last years OCFS promoted Eastern States race. I think Brett and/or Kevin should have waited until this week to prove whatever point they wanted to prove.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old racer said:

I'm pretty sure the rules for the STSS are posted in plenty of time for the competitors. Let's not mix up the Deyo series with Eastern States.

3 hours ago, maxim410 said:

Stop! they had all the time in the world to know the rules and you don,t have close to 900 wins ,with out knowing the rules, and have your motor taking down at the track once in a while ,Spare me! the BS, You can double talk all you want  it is Hearn who was the fly in the ointment  here .Jerry Higbie is 100% right. Hearn fans want to throw Dayo on the alter of sacrifice  to save Hearn,s reputation for Being an ego filled fool Saturday.

Don't get personal, maxim.

4 hours ago, old racer said:

What planet do you come from??? Is there any intelligent life there??? Apparently not. Removing a spark plug from an engine for a puffer test if done properly will not likely produce any harm. As a race fan I am thrilled by the racing series that Brett Deyo has provided due to the quality of the racing. 

Art......# 1 on another post here it says Tech man at track did not really understand puff equipment ?.....another post says engine should be cold for accurate reading.....Mr Deyo is doing good job no doubt but his people or person dropped ball at this event .......I'm from same planet as you I think ?.......owned Mod for 16 years and walked the cement as owner.......how about you ? also owned to many both BB and SB engines.....which may be good argument that I am not to intelligent.....to bad this event ended like this .......great field of cars.....and they say there is more to puff test than taking out plug.......you can walk us through all......

5 hours ago, old racer said:

Brett Deyo's  rules for his shows are posted well in advance for everybody to know them. This whole tech fiasco is the sole result of one person, one Bob Dini.  Dini is the one who needs to receive blowback for his actions in causing this mess. Dini fumbled the ball badly here, needs to be cut before he does it again.

The keyword in all of this is DINI. The guy is and has always been a joke. Why people still employ him to do any more than clean under the stands after a race eludes me.

• Like 6

I would probably damage an engine and probably the entire racing facility if I were to try doing a puffer test. It would unreasonable for the team to turn down the required testing. If you don't like the rules then don't run the race. It is unfortunate that this drama is leaving a bad taste in many people's mouths. If Brett and Kevand have a bone to pick with Bob Dini it isn't Brett Deyo's fault. Deyo had nothing to do with the fiasco at Easter States last fall.

How many times should have BH been teched in the past but, he wasn't? 
Cry if  you get caught and blame the Tech inspector because you refused inspection. 

The only reason we are still talking about this is because of the 20, nothing else! 

If it were any other driver out there, it would be a dead issue. 

2 hours ago, SailPanels said:

How many times should have BH been teched in the past but, he wasn't? 
Cry if  you get caught and blame the Tech inspector because you refused inspection. 

The only reason we are still talking about this is because of the 20, nothing else! 

If it were any other driver out there, it would be a dead issue. 

And don't ever forget the 'invisible rock',  OK Sail?

• Like 1

There is an interview on speed51.com  from Brett. Said he had an old Ken Schrader truck series motor. He intended if he won prior to the race that he was refusing tech to prove a point regarding Meier win at Eastern states