Here is all the info for Thursday night's event including prices etc

Gates-Cole Insurance Modifieds

SUNY Canton 602 Sportsman

Broedel Energy Open Sportsman

G&I Homes of Vernon Pro Stocks 

Admission: $13 Adults, $10 for Seniors/Students/Military, Kids Under 16 FREE. 

Pits: $27 for NASCAR Members $32 for Non-Members. 

Gates Open at 4:30pm, Racing at 7pm. 

I know the track would love to have some support after so many rainouts! We'll do our best to keep the show moving and get you out at a decent time.

• Like 6

Help us kick Mother Natures butt!  She has kicked ours 6 consecutive weeks!

Thursday Night Thunder,  A full slate of racing on tap!  June 9,16

Mallett has posted all of the important info above!  Hope to see you there.

This Sunday looks like it may rain ......if so and I hope they run.....that would be 7 in a row....what is modern day record for rain outs ?......weather is hurting all outdoor business on Sundays......

How about UR holding a bunch a Thursday races to help make up for lost ground before the busy mid week summer racing get's going ? They can't stay in business and absorb all of the monetary losses ! With about 3 more months of racing to go, they will probably have a few more rain outs !

6 hours ago, Race fan 34 said:

I always wondered how a Thursday night track would do. Has there ever been?

Brewerton. No it didn't do well.

I like the idea of the Thursday make up, But to keep going every Thursday will be tough on racers, I know for myself I work over night and had to take a day off this week. I cant keep that going every week. I personally like the idea of adding  a feature here and there to the Sunday show, having twin races for each class. You mod teams maybe able to run the Thursday shows more often but Id imagine the lower classes might have some problems. 

I do applaud the tracks management for doing this this week, much needed. 

Bill Knapp

• Like 1

I believe Capital city speedway in Canada ran on Thursday years ago..not sure how it went for them though. All I remember is that my neighbor used to haul up there to race...

6 hours ago, BigFeet13 said:

How long ago was that?

I remember Evans Mills trying it in around 2005 or 2006?  

When I was a kid and New Egypt was smaller and paved they used to run on Wednesday nights for a period of time. I remember some pretty good crowds as a kid but that was quite some time ago and clearly not good enough given it eventually went dark and was converted to dirt. :)

JP

Thunder Road in Barre, Vt. runs Thursday nights and it is usually pretty packed. Crowds have gotten a little bit lighter over the years but they still get a VERY strong following on Thursday nights from mid June to late August when they switch to weekly Thursdays from Sundays. 

Asphalt though and not dirt.

3 hours ago, Fulbrew said:

How long ago was that?

I remember Evans Mills trying it in around 2005 or 2006?  

1972-74

Racing anything but weekends would be super tough to maintain the support/lower classes. I'm guessing many don't have the time or financial support to race more than they are now.

I'm betting quite a few drivers/crew still work shifts mon-fri and their shifts would conflict with the race schedule as well.

Fans (revenue) would also be lesser through out the week for the same reasons, plus any with younger kids wouldn't be making the trips due to the following school day.

5 hours ago, MRKLEEN said:

I believe Capital city speedway in Canada ran on Thursday years ago..not sure how it went for them though. All I remember is that my neighbor used to haul up there to race...

They may have raced Thursday years ago but for as long as I can remember they raced Wednesday nights with an 11pm curfew due to being within the City of Ottawa limits.

Capital City has been closed for the last two or three years now with no signs of reopening. 

11 hours ago, BigFeet13 said:

Susquehanna ran Thursday 410 shows on a weekly basis, I want to say about 10 years ago?  Not sure how the fan attendance was but assuming that it's 410's in central PA, it probably went well.