Sign in to follow this  
MikeMallett

Ask Super DIRT Week

I received my tickets and parking pass yesterday, along with a release form. Is the release form something that needs to be filled out if I have no intentions on entering the pits ?

Maybe silly, but you never know. I got a guaranteed parking sticker before I landed a campsite. Now that I have a campsite, will I have access to park at my site or is the guaranteed parking only good for the designated lot on the front stretch?

9 hours ago, westracing01 said:

Maybe silly, but you never know. I got a guaranteed parking sticker before I landed a campsite. Now that I have a campsite, will I have access to park at my site or is the guaranteed parking only good for the designated lot on the front stretch?

I can answer this because I asked last week. You can park at your site. She said as many vehicles as you can fit with a parking sticker are allowed.

Can outside food be brought in?  Dirt site only says small cooler allowed (no alcohol). 

Oswego speedway does not allow any food or drink to be brought in during their season and they are the runs running the concessions during dirt week.

14 hours ago, robracer said:

I can answer this because I asked last week. You can park at your site. She said as many vehicles as you can fit with a parking sticker are allowed.

Excellent. Thank you!

8 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Firewood & Ice will be for sale on premises

According to the website, the answer to firewood for sale was "no". However, directly across from Gate 6 last weekend was a hockey league fundraiser selling firewood, and there was another spot a little further away with someone selling it.

1 hour ago, Cheryl said:

According to the website, the answer to firewood for sale was "no". However, directly across from Gate 6 last weekend was a hockey league fundraiser selling firewood, and there was another spot a little further away with someone selling it.

I highly recommend the wood from the hockey team, but I'm a little biased.  That's my kids team.

I also thought fires were being discouraged.  Thought I saw something like small cooking fires only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fulbrew said:

I highly recommend the wood from the hockey team, but I'm a little biased.  That's my kids team.

I also thought fires were being discouraged.  Thought I saw something like small cooking fires only.

well I noticed it and thought, boy, I hope they are ready to keep that thing stocked. LOL

We have a fire pit with a cover that we use. Bringing some wood, but will most likely need more.....I know where to go now!

Shuttles will start one hour before gates open Friday through Sunday and run up till 2 hours after the checkered flag

All tickets get you in the backstretch Pit Area (Cold Pits) so you will need a waiver

Reserved Parking gets you a reserved parking spot....if you need parking in a campground you will need general access

Fans can bring a 6x6x12 soft-sided color in grandstand as long as there is no beer or glass

We will have ice on site for sale and hope too have Firewood also

Bought parking pass before we knew how many were going.  We have the physical parking pass, but tickets will be at Will Call.  Will it be a problem to get to the preferred parking without tickets in hand? 

My son just posted on Facebook that this event will be returning to Oswego next year, too.  That true?

43 minutes ago, MikeMallett said:

It was confirmed at the Media luncheon 

Brian Carter CEO of the World Racing Group had an exclusive one on one interview with Len Sammons after today's press conference. Super Dirt Week will be held at Oswego Speedway again next year with funding from NY Syate IF Central NY Raceway Park is not completed. It is not guaranteed to be at Oswego Speedway again next year but there is a very good chance it will be.

Where are the shower houses located???

Not that anybody from DIRT will reply to this before tomorrow. Are people that only bought Sunday reserved tickets allowed to stay for all events including the rained out events from today?  

On 10/6/2016 at 1:33 PM, sheppard14 said:

Brian Carter CEO of the World Racing Group had an exclusive one on one interview with Len Sammons after today's press conference. Super Dirt Week will be held at Oswego Speedway again next year with funding from NY Syate IF Central NY Raceway Park is not completed. It is not guaranteed to be at Oswego Speedway again next year but there is a very good chance it will be.

Funny. They took renewals for next year at full price rather than deposit because "they know it is going to be here again"