Sign in to follow this  
GreenWhiteCheckers

I'm Concerned about a car leaving the Ball Park in betweens Turn 3 & 4 at THE STEEL PALACE

I'm Concerned about a car leaving the Ball Park in betweens Turn 3 & 4 at THE STEEL PALACE , God Forbid NO ONE DOES but isn't there quite a Drop outside turns 3 & 4, Not as Concerned about 1 & 2 as I've never seen whats out behind there :) Just Thinking about THE SAFETY OF THE DRIVERS is ALL :)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Goggles Pisano said:

Weedsport wall in 1 and 2 was a about hip high before the new owners came on board.  

What kind of response is this from you? We all expected:

You won't have to worry about anyone leaving the park between one and two at my track. 

Sincerely, 

Glenn

• Like 6

valid point Cheryl. I have had seats over the years for a number of Oswego shows going back to an ASA show in 1985 and have always been in corner 4 and that drop off is definitely scarey!

5 hours ago, GreenWhiteCheckers said:

I'm Concerned about a car leaving the Ball Park in betweens Turn 3 & 4 at THE STEEL PALACE , God Forbid NO ONE DOES but isn't there quite a Drop outside turns 3 & 4, Not as Concerned about 1 & 2 as I've never seen whats out behind there :) Just Thinking about THE SAFETY OF THE DRIVERS is ALL :)

There's been plenty of cars go out of the park at Oswego over the years.

I think more people are excited to see the final outcome, how the dirt holds up and results of this race at Oswego than the Presidental Election. 

• Like 2

I've been a regular at Oswego Speedway for 31 years and I can tell you not one car has gone out of the ballpark there. Not one since 1985. There used to not be the catch fence above the wall all the way around the track but that was added in the early 1980s.

Well not since ever has dirt been on oswego that I can recall , the supers hug the bottom . dirt mods on dirt anything can happen I hope the trend continues and no one leaves the 'park" but it does raise some concern 

12 hours ago, Goggles Pisano said:

Weedsport wall in 1 and 2 was a about hip high before the new owners came on board.  

For the longest time Weedsport didn't even have a wall on the outside of turns 1 and 2.  In the mid 80's I saw Johnny Birosh fly off the track, through the cornfield in 1 and 2, and rejoin the race on the backstretch with corn hanging all over his car.  Drivers are fearless, but not brainless. They'll push things to the limit but they won't put themselves in harms way.

13 hours ago, Cheryl said:

What kind of response is this from you? We all expected:

You won't have to worry about anyone leaving the park between one and two at my track. 

Sincerely, 

Glenn

You're right.  I'm losing my edge.  

And people laughed when I said one of my concerns about SDW at Oswego was the catch fence...

Regardless, VERY few cars have gone out of the park at Oswego on either end of the place. I expect the groove to be at, or near, the bottom. Because of the dirt the chances are greater that a car could go out of the park, but even Jerry Curran didn't go over the wall and he started flipping his super just past start finish.

the drop off is not as bad as it once was in 3 and 4 since they tore the trees out and added some fill.  The outside of turn 2 there is trees behind the billboards