I had to laugh, recalling how someone on here said that Phelps sucks. Starting on the front didn't make a difference. He lost the lead and got it back almost a dozen time. Mahaney wasn't giving anything.  Hearn and Fuller made quite a show of it and seemed like either could have won if they caught Phelps sooner. For 100 lap race on a blackened track in 45 degree weather, it was a great night.

Best part for me was seeing the stands packed. I love Fonda and seeing it packed brings hope of a return to it's glory days.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, joesplace said:

Things went Phelps way tonight. He started up front. And Decker and Sheppard both had problems. Sheppard while running third. And Decker got a flat while running 4th or 5th. I think one of those two probably Sheppard would have won. 

Come on every squirrel gets a nut now and then 🏁congrats 98h

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, joesplace said:

The show was well run. And the racing was good. But when a show runs till 12:30 or so. Then there are to many classes running. Thats a very late night especially for people who bring their kids. 

If you went there "without" knowing it was going to be a very late night, you are naive! If you brought small kids thinking you would be home early, you are naive! If you didn't know it was going to be cold, you are naive!

Congratulations to the Fonda Speedway group for hosting a great event & making the best of combining 2 nights into 1, great that the fans & teams turned out to support the season ending event, lets build on that for next year!

• Like 11

Tons of racing and it really was nonstop. They took no breaks and the racing was great. The sprints seeing Danny drive from last up to a top 5 was a show. And watching Matt Sheppard go from the back to racing with the top 5 after an early pit stop was a show as well even though he was down a lap he was obviously the fastest car on the track but hey they don't always win...great show last night!

• Like 2

By this time in the racing season you should all know that finishing at a reasonable time at fonda is unheard of. Pete also didn't have to run it all last night , he could have ran Fridays day of events today  (sunday).

• Like 1

you just don't want to give credit. All the racing that was done ,and run smooth and all you can due is bitch!!!! As I said there was't much choice for Pete. There would not have been anybody there today to watch the support divisions, and you couldn't move the mods and sprint to today.

I was critical of the planning and the communication so now I will post a positive. I liked the way Pete stood on checkerboard square and grabbed the mic and introduced the two young ladies who did an outstanding job of singing the anthems. I also got a kick out of Pete leading a "USA chant". Pete was very upbeat and positive as he saif a few words to the crowd. I liked that and I give him credit for moving the show along. I think Fonda is the place to be for Sprint car racing. I love watching the sprints at Fonda.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, joesplace said:
3 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I was critical of the planning and the communication so now I will post a positive. I liked the way Pete stood on checkerboard square and grabbed the mic and introduced the two young ladies who did an outstanding job of singing the anthems. I also got a kick out of Pete leading a "USA chant". Pete was very upbeat and positive as he saif a few words to the crowd. I liked that and I give him credit for moving the show along. I think Fonda is the place to be for Sprint car racing. I love watching the sprints at Fonda.

Like I said earlier it was a well run show. I don't see why credit should be given for running a show past midnight. That was just being greedy and running every thing in one night.  

What a great show. Thought is was a cool idea having everyone join in the singing of the national anthem. Not one person in the whole place realized I was singing out of key.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, joesplace said:

All the extra back gate money. For those divisions that got rained out friday. 

Just to clear it up, if you paid to get in Friday - you only had to pay the difference for Saturday's pit admission which was 10 dollars. The pit prices for Saturday were NOT changed due to a rain out. They charged the same price Saturday as they had originally advertised. Packing everything into one night actually made it CHEAPER for pit passes and grandstand admission.

1 hour ago, kml_815 said:

Packing everything into one night actually made it CHEAPER for pit passes and grandstand admission.

Be careful, trying to insert logic into a thread where the Fonda haters are complaining could be hazardous to your health... lol  

• Like 3

I too had my kids with me. They were cold and tired as was i. So we left before the sprints and mod features, my choice. So missed the mods, big deal. It didnt affect my day sunday. I read the results. It like i was there. There was so much racing throughout the night i got my monies worth. Ever go to movie, spend 50 bucks between the show and food only to find out at the end that the movie was awful? Its the chance we take. No body forces anyone to go to the races. Dont go. 

• Like 1

This past weekend was only my second time at Fonda, last year once to race and this year to camp and watch some racing with my son. I showed up at the track on Friday just as the nights program had been rained out and everyone was trying to get out. The track staff not only helped me find a place to camp for the weekend but stood in the rain holding flashlights to help me get set up. I found out in the morning that the people camping near by were the security staff, and they were all as friendly and helpful as the staff from the night before. I didn't get a chance to meet Pete but did talk to him on the phone earlier in the week and he too was extremely helpful with answering my questions when i called. I was pretty surprised to find that the number on the website was Pete's cell phone and he answered immediately when i called, not too many promoters would do that. I though the racing was great and very well run, especially after losing the first night to the weather. Lastly, at the end of the night of racing i met Pete's son who approached me and asked if i enjoyed myself and thanked me for coming to support them. My son and i are looking forward to going again next year and maybe we will even be racing too. A big thank you goes out to Pete and his staff, my son and i had a great weekend!

• Like 6