GreenWhiteCheckers

If I Park My Car over At Lowes, Or the Lttle Mall or the 2 grocery Stores

14 minutes ago, GreenWhiteCheckers said:

will my car get ticketed or towed away during Super Dirt Week at Oswego Speedway ?, Thanks 

This is the same question i've been asking all along. Where is everybody going to park? 

I know during normal Saturday night races at Oswego, people can park on Albany Street and in where the camp grounds are now for SDW. Now, not so much. Albany Street will be closed from Shampine Drive down to City Line Rd. for the whole week. 

Who knows where the parking will be now. Could be in any of the places you mentioned or they could be on the other side of the city closer to the college. I would hope that DIRTcar will make some kind of an announcement to everybody about where parking is available. I have yet to see anything though.

47 minutes ago, silverbullett22 said:

This is the same question i've been asking all along. Where is everybody going to park? 

I know during normal Saturday night races at Oswego, people can park on Albany Street and in where the camp grounds are now for SDW. Now, not so much. Albany Street will be closed from Shampine Drive down to City Line Rd. for the whole week. 

Who knows where the parking will be now. Could be in any of the places you mentioned or they could be on the other side of the city closer to the college. I would hope that DIRTcar will make some kind of an announcement to everybody about where parking is available. I have yet to see anything though.

Parking is 2 miles east of the track. You should have gotten a map of off-site parking with your tickets.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robracer said:

Parking is 2 miles east of the track. You should have gotten a map of off-site parking with your tickets.

I didn't get my tickets yet. I have to pick them up at will call when i get there. 

Parking 2 miles east of the track would take people towards Scriba. Where would there be any parking out that way?

6 minutes ago, silverbullett22 said:

I didn't get my tickets yet. I have to pick them up at will call when i get there. 

Parking 2 miles east of the track would take people towards Scriba. Where would there be any parking out that way?

They're parking cars at the Scriba fire station and Oswego highway dept.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foster said:

Lol 2 miles away NOT. I will be close like I am shopping lol

Just be careful the store manager isn't a Brett fan when you roll in there with your 27j sticker on your car lol

15 minutes ago, robracer said:

Wow... that's a really small space to park a crapload of cars

42 minutes ago, robracer said:

Just be careful the store manager isn't a Brett fan when you roll in there with your 27j sticker on your car lol

Ouch lol

Speak with the manager/owner.  I doubt the regular sales traffic would be affected if you park away from the store front.  For God's sake it is not a huge town.  But corporate rules, so that would be my suggestion.  And patronizing is not a bad idea to add to your sincerity.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:38 PM, robracer said:

I called WRG.  The parking and shuttle will be free to and from the track.  The only thing I can think of is the fire dept will be holding a boot for being generous for letting you park there.:wub:

The parking isn't free from what I understand. It is $30 for general parking in the fire company lot and the shuttle is included in the price. Correct?

Lighthouse lanes next to Shampine  drive will have parking wednesday through sunday for 20 bucks they said they will let you pick your spot.

3 hours ago, Skullduggery said:

The parking isn't free from what I understand. It is $30 for general parking in the fire company lot and the shuttle is included in the price. Correct?

I was told it's free from the lady that answered at WRG.  Sounds too good to be true.  At first she didn't know what I was even talking about with off-site parking.  I then referenced the article from race pro weekly which was written by a WRG staff member.  She asked her supervisor who said it was free.  Worse comes to worse, I'll pay $20 or 30 to park.  Definitely not paying $50 for reserved.

http://raceproweekly.com/ - Super DIRT Week 2016 Set To Rock & Roll

OFFSITE PARKING
To ensure you get to the track as quickly as the sub-20-second lap times you will see on the track, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND you utilize the off-site parking at the Oswego County Highway Department and Scriba Fire Station, located at 5615 NY 104, Oswego, NY 13126. The historical trolley shuttle through Walker Enterprises will be transporting fans to and from the speedway throughout the day - Friday from 11AM, Saturday and Sunday from 8AM - making stops at Gate 1 and Gate 6.

Parking at the fire department  and taking the shuttle is free. The $30 parking permit is for a limited number of spaces inside the fence on racetrack property. These are available on a first come first serve basis and you are not guaranteed a parking spot. $50 is for a guaranteed spot everyday.

If your sitting in the back stands the shuttle drops you off at gate 6. Then you have to walk over 1/3 of a mile to the stands. I would  try parking on City Line Road just north of E. Albany St. There is large area of cut grass. Then you could enter at gate 4 which is on E. Albany St. It's about a 1/2 mile walk to the stands.

If your in the front stands park at one of the plazas on rt 104. West of the Walmart on rt 104 is a Staples store which is closed and further west on George St. is a closed Ponderosa.  A Hilton hotel is being built in front of the track behind the Rite Aid. East of the Rite Aid is an old parking lot which looks like an ideal place to park unless it is part of the Hilton.

This is the first SDW I will miss and it's torturing me.

• Like 2

If anyone is interested, I have a $50 reserved parking pass for sale.  I bought it when I ordered my tickets because camping was sold out.  Then they added more camping spots a couple of weeks ago, and I was able to get a camping spot.  I won't need the reserved parking now.  I'm near Utica, you could pick it up at my house (5 mins from Westmoreland exit)  I could possibly meet at the U-R Tuesday race, or I will be going to SDW on Friday afternoon. 

$40 - Call / Text  315-723-3724

If your sitting in the back stands the shuttle drops you off at gate 6. Then you have to walk over 1/3 of a mile to the stands. I would  try parking on City Line Road just north of E. Albany St. There is large area of cut grass. Then you could enter at gate 4 which is on E. Albany St. It's about a 1/2 mile walk to the stands.

Wouldn't park there, that is the media reserved lot for the event and without proper sticker you'll be towed.  

On 10/2/2016 at 5:12 AM, VVV said:

Parking at the fire department  and taking the shuttle is free. The $30 parking permit is for a limited number of spaces inside the fence on racetrack property. These are available on a first come first serve basis and you are not guaranteed a parking spot. $50 is for a guaranteed spot everyday.

If your in the front stands park at one of the plazas on rt 104. West of the Walmart on rt 104 is a Staples store which is closed and further west on George St. is a closed Ponderosa.  A Hilton hotel is being built in front of the track behind the Rite Aid. East of the Rite Aid is an old parking lot which looks like an ideal place to park unless it is part of the Hilton.

This is the first SDW I will miss and it's torturing me.

I walked from gate 6 to the front straight yesterday. It's not that far.

On 9/30/2016 at 6:32 PM, silverbullett22 said:

Oh geez I'm driving all the way from central Massachusetts I'm starting to think this is going to be a big mistake going to Oswego doesn't sound like there's going to be anywhere to put all these cars thanks mr. Cuomo thanks for f'n it all up U crooked s.o.b

22 minutes ago, doco3242 said:

Oh geez I'm driving all the way from central Massachusetts I'm starting to think this is going to be a big mistake going to Oswego doesn't sound like there's going to be anywhere to put all these cars thanks mr. Cuomo thanks for f'n it all up U crooked s.o.b

Relax, there will be parking. There are tons of stores and plazas around the track and there is some parking at the track but not alot. I saw some private lots were already advertising parking when we went through yesterday.