4 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

Enough with the excuses.  If everyone thought like you bunch of apologists there's be none of the top tier drivers at ES 200.  For someone who races for a living, I'm having great difficulty trying to comprehend his decision.  Ask yourselves this:  What would Frankie Schneider, Will Cagle, or even Brett Hearn in his glory days do?  Run for one-fifth the purse, or go for the big one with all the glory, prestige, and $$$$$?      

Excuses for what?   Drivers can race wherever they want to.  Or not race . .  And that's what they do!!   It's their business .   Im sure Matts not the only one skipping OC but traveling all the way to Charlotte?? .   So what    It does surprise me some of the events drivers skip sometimes  but 

It doesnt  effect my life any .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, leroy said:

Excuses for what?   Drivers can race wherever they want to.  Or not race . .  And that's what they do!!   It's their business .   Im sure Matts not the only one skipping OC but traveling all the way to Charlotte?? .   So what    It does surprise me some of the events drivers skip sometimes  but 

It doesnt  effect my life any .

Apparently it does.  I'd like to know how many top drivers are skipping ES 200 and are either running the Outlaw or driving directly to Charlotte.  Truthfully, I don't care, but I'm a little disappointed that I won't be seeing Matt pull one of his patented brake checks on the restarts, and then getting roughed up for doing so.  I'll be in Middletown Sunday.  

24 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

Enough with the excuses.  If everyone thought like you bunch of apologists there's be none of the top tier drivers at ES 200.  For someone who races for a living, I'm having great difficulty trying to comprehend his decision.  Ask yourselves this:  What would Frankie Schneider, Will Cagle, or even Brett Hearn in his glory days do?  Run for one-fifth the purse, or go for the big one with all the glory, prestige, and $$$$$?      

Do you pay Matts bills? Do you coordinate his schedule? Do you work on his team? Do you run his side business? Do you wear his shoes?

Last I checked, even if our "excuses" are bull, he doesn't need to answer for why he is choosing to race close to home and not at OC. Its not a series race, so he has no contractual obligation to run. What does it honestly matter what his reasons are? They are his, personally, and his alone. He does not have to answer to anyone but himself and Bethanne (mostly Bethanne) for his actions, so what does it matter?

• Like 4

There is a 240 hr rule for some drivers.....Politics.....what part of that don't posters get .....surprised he is allowed to run Outlaw.....if you are not running for $60k....there is good reason for it ....But be good for Outlaw where he already has won this year in 357 ($5k).....I belief DIRT is paying ($40k) to win points this year ? Up from $35 last year down from $60K 10 years ago.....All you people have to do is call top dog at WRG for info on this subject of ESW .....tape it post it....

10 hours ago, Wickerman05 said:

But the pieces to make that happen, well, need rest.  I have no insight on his finances but we all know to win 5000 costs 50000.  So his 35000 pay day in Charlotte will cost north of 350000.  Stewart is trying to expand with the Nascar truck racing.  Where has Matt gone?  Hey not bashing by any means.  He foots his bill and makes his decisions.   Maybe the exposure at Charlotte is worth more than all the 'what ifs' at OCFS.  Something to ponder.

Matt briefly tried late model racing. The thing with expanding out of modified racing is that it requires an insane amount of travel and a huge budget. That's not for everybody. 

Also, Stew doesn't have anywhere enough money behind him to give NASCAR a legitimate shot. It requires tens of millions of dollars behind you year after year. 

3 minutes ago, The Wee One said:

Do you pay Matts bills? Do you coordinate his schedule? Do you work on his team? Do you run his side business? Do you wear his shoes?

Last I checked, even if our "excuses" are bull, he doesn't need to answer for why he is choosing to race close to home and not at OC. Its not a series race, so he has no contractual obligation to run. What does it honestly matter what his reasons are? They are his, personally, and his alone. He does not have to answer to anyone but himself and Bethanne (mostly Bethanne) for his actions, so what does it matter?

Are you accusing Matt of being pussy-whipped?

lol the old addage says "If Momma aint happy, you aint happy."

Id never say he was pussy whipped, Bethanne is an angel and matt is lucky to have her. But if you've been in a long standing relationship, you know how it goes.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, The Wee One said:

Stew Is a helmet  carrying hired gun driving for an owner throwing money around like they are Fun Coupons, thus lucking into a truck ride (which outside of Eldora he's done nothing of note in). Matt runs his own equipment, maintains his own equipment, runs his own shop and fabrication business..... These two things don't even compare.

I'd quote most of the rest of this thread, but the idiocy of it just is mind boggling.... It would drop my IQ about 100 points to quote it. But Foster, you are a special kind of stupid. So rarely do I see you ever post an intelligent response on this forum. Matt never puts up his own money? Are you kidding me? I mean, seriously, are you? Because no one can be this dumb as to think he doesn't invest his life up to and including his own money into his operation. That is seriously imbecilic of you to even imply he doesn't.

Really get serious yourself no 1 driver could finance a team and do all the work . Matt has $ behind him that's a fact 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

Matt briefly tried late model racing. The thing with expanding out of modified racing is that it requires an insane amount of travel and a huge budget. That's not for everybody. 

Also, Stew doesn't have anywhere enough money behind him to give NASCAR a legitimate shot. It requires tens of millions of dollars behind you year after year. 

Why start at the bottom again when you're the top dog, (and looks like he will be for a loooong time).  I recall all the malarkey about Hearn not 'moving up' while he was kicking major butt everywhere he raced.  Please don't start that with Matt, or Stew.

3 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

Why start at the bottom again when you're the top dog, (and looks like he will be for a loooong time).  I recall all the malarkey about Hearn not 'moving up' while he was kicking major butt everywhere he raced.  Please don't start that with Matt, or Stew.

Brett didn't stay in NASCAR because he was making more money at the time in modifieds. It's still like that. Until you actually get to Cup, you're paying to play. 

Stew digs sprints. If he really wants to expand out of the northeast, sprints would be the way to do it. 

4 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

Brett didn't stay in NASCAR because he was making more money at the time in modifieds. It's still like that. Until you actually get to Cup, you're paying to play. 

Stew digs sprints. If he really wants to expand out of the northeast, sprints would be the way to do it. 

I'd like to see Stew get hooked up with Pennsylvania 410 ride for a season or two and see what he could do down there racing full time. I know he likes the modifieds too and has been very successful. He could still run the big shows and be at DIRTweek where the real money is. I wonder if Halmar would consider fielding a sprint for him? 

36 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

Apparently it does.  I'd like to know how many top drivers are skipping ES 200 and are either running the Outlaw or driving directly to Charlotte.  Truthfully, I don't care, but I'm a little disappointed that I won't be seeing Matt pull one of his patented brake checks on the restarts, and then getting roughed up for doing so.  I'll be in Middletown Sunday.  

There is probably damn good drivers not racing Outlaw. OC. or Charlotte.  so what?

Like I said,  it does surprise me sometimes where drivers decide to go or not go.  But thats their choice. 

Hopefully the weather cooperates, and anyone who goes to the races has a good time this weekend, regardless of where it is

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I'd like to see Stew get hooked up with Pennsylvania 410 ride for a season or two and see what he could do down there racing full time. I know he likes the modifieds too and has been very successful. He could still run the big shows and be at DIRTweek where the real money is. I wonder if Halmar would consider fielding a sprint for him? 

It would be interesting to see him run a sprint centric schedule for a season. He could really run it in for the random 410 shows in NY, and a bunch of stuff in PA and OH and have a full schedule. Look where a schedule like that got David Gravel...

• Like 1

Foster $$ will not beat MS on regular basis.....some of you fellas make me belief there is some 10 year old kids on here.....MS has very conservative operation .......wins in the shop ....unloads sets fast time wins heat draws top 12 then wins most tour races ...goes back to shop repeats at another track.....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, old racer said:

Foster $$ will not beat MS on regular basis.....some of you fellas make me belief there is some 10 year old kids on here.....MS has very conservative operation .......wins in the shop ....unloads sets fast time wins heat draws top 12 then wins most tour races ...goes back to shop repeats at another track.....

Yes he does and with sponsor $ not all his $ like you keep believing 

• Like 1

Foster....what's point ? I don't care who buys his oil filters ....he turns his own wrenches calls his own shots and no one drives the car for him......give it up he is GOOD....

• Like 1

lol the greatest thing will and frankie and brett had in thier early years is  there was no social meadia  full of idiots that have never raced or invested a dime in racing running them down all the time for being successful

• Like 8

1 hour ago, old racer said:

There is a 240 hr rule for some drivers.....Politics.....what part of that don't posters get .....surprised he is allowed to run Outlaw.....if you are not running for $60k....there is good reason for it ....But be good for Outlaw where he already has won this year in 357 ($5k).....I belief DIRT is paying ($40k) to win points this year ? Up from $35 last year down from $60K 10 years ago.....All you people have to do is call top dog at WRG for info on this subject of ESW .....tape it post it....

i think you meant 24 hr rule and not 240 but either way there isn't another sds race running that conflicts. so the whole rule thing is out the window. contracted drivers have been running the night before and the night after a sds event all yr with no issues as long as they make it to the sds race with the exception of the 10g race at the wheels a few weeks back

• Like 1

Brett said in an article I read a while back that when he raced the Busch series it was guys showing up with trucks with enclosed haulers not these tractor trailer double stackers like now.  He said due to his small team and resources they were always 6 months behind on what everyone else was doing with technology. Brett qualified well even at Daytona but obviously being one of the top guys in modified racing, his bread and butter to make a living was far more lucrative running dirt.  He was racing for wins and $$ in dirt.  Busch series did not pay that much then when he was in the game for what it takes to race that series.  

• Like 1

My point is , people are like poor Matt he is owner /operator all alone . he has good sponsor $ behind him and that was my only point. Didn't say he want a good drive not once. 

5 hours ago, old racer said:

What part of there is no 24 hour rule that comes into play for this years Eastern States 200 do you not understand?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I'd like to see Stew get hooked up with Pennsylvania 410 ride for a season or two and see what he could do down there racing full time.

Central PA has really hemorrhaged top-notch 410 teams over the past couple years. Other than Heffner No 27 team, the big money teams are all gone from central PA. Around a dozen quality teams have folded over the past couple years, and it sounds like Jerry Parrish (Montieth No. 21 car owner) is getting out at the end of the year. Top notch 410 rides in central PA are so tough to come by these days that even Lance Dewease spent the last two years racing for a smaller team and looking for all the world like he was washed up when he all really needed was a top notch ride.

Even Greg Hodnett speculated in print that he may have to get a regular job prior to last season if nothing turned up for him.

Some of the comments on this thread just reaffirm my belief that NE dirt mod racing fans are basically part of a cult. Some of you people suffer from serious psychosis and need to have your heads examined. Wonder if some of you have ever actually gotten laid? So upset and so much energy into why a driver wont be at a certain race. Rather sad.

• Like 5