Saw on Matt Sheppard fan page that he will not be running Eastern States.

I know in the past its been known he doesn't care for OCFS, but kind of surprised considering the money on the table, there's no DIRTcar conflict, and he has had some success there.

Thoughts?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bobby Varin Danny Creeden Danny Johnson Stewart Friesen Brett Hearn Glen Ridge Five Mile Point These drivers and tracks and more have been bashed for pages and pages

Some of you people are just relentless. If even half of you actually spoke to drivers and team members yourselves, this forum wouldn't need moderation. More on that in a minute... So let's put this

This will probably piss  some "fans" off but you know what I've been quiet long enough!!! I for one could really care less if Matt is at a race or not!! If I go to a race I don't need the so called "b

I do find it odd that he'd skip the race, I'm sure Morey would let him use the 358 again for Saturday and he'd use his own car for Sunday but maybe he's just getting ready for the big finale at charlotte? As for his success, when has he done great there? Not saying he hasn't but I don't recall any wins for him there or being in contention for the 200

56 minutes ago, stratton87 said:

I do find it odd that he'd skip the race, I'm sure Morey would let him use the 358 again for Saturday and he'd use his own car for Sunday but maybe he's just getting ready for the big finale at charlotte? As for his success, when has he done great there? Not saying he hasn't but I don't recall any wins for him there or being in contention for the 200

I do recall him driving a backup car from 40th to finish 2nd in the 200 the last time it was a SDS race, which was 2013 I believe.. I suppose overall he hasn't had a ton of success there but there is $60,000 up for grabs..........

9 minutes ago, HearnNation20 said:

I do recall him driving a backup car from 40th to finish 2nd in the 200 the last time it was a SDS race, which was 2013 I believe.. I suppose overall he hasn't had a ton of success there but there is $60,000 up for grabs..........

Ok, just saw that 43 to 2nd in 2014 other than that he has a 6th and 4th as best finishes. Not as bad as I thought. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HearnNation20 said:

I know in the past its been known he doesn't care for OCFS, but kind of surprised considering the money on the table, there's no DIRTcar conflict, and he has had some success there.

Thoughts?

Where did you see this again? I went through his fan page, his personal page and his wife's page trying to pick up a clue, and I didn't see where he said it.

2 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

Where did you see this again? I went through his fan page, his personal page and his wife's page trying to pick up a clue, and I didn't see where he said it.

Go to Matt Sheppard Fan Page on Facebook. Someone posted in the visitor posts, will you be running ESW? And the page replies "no"

Also someone just asked again on the post about Brockville 10/15 and the response was also "no"

2015  he had Weedsport conflict.....This year they could not run Wheels without Point Loss .......So why would they let them go to ESW ?.....he is 208 points ahead of SF .....SF owner is man behind Big $$ at ESW so maybe SF will lose points if he goes there ?....

4 minutes ago, old racer said:

2015  he had Weedsport conflict.....This year they could not run Wheels without Point Loss .......So why would they let them go to ESW ?.....he is 208 points ahead of SF .....SF owner is man behind Big $$ at ESW so maybe SF will lose points if he goes there ?....

There's no DIRTcar conflict with Eastern States this year..........

2 hours ago, old racer said:

There wasn't at Wheels......where you been ?

24 hour rule was in effect... totally different scenario, hence why I said there is no DIRTcar conflict for ESW.

Additionally, this is an early list and some have not decided/gave an answer... Hearn Stew DJ will be there as well as others I'm sure.

6 hours ago, HearnNation20 said:

Thoughts?

Superman Sucks At OCFS...Hearn Scares Him....

• Like 2
6 hours ago, stratton87 said:

Maybe his equipment got more damage at Oswego than he had hoped for?

Doubt we will see any Platinum drivers there other than Hearn.  Outlaw speedway has a solid purse the same weekend. Only other invaders I can think of that will be there are Tremont, Bachetti, and perhaps Laubach.  Should be around 50 modifieds or so.

1 hour ago, leroy said:

Maybe Matt  will race at Outlaw Speedway?

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. When talking to Matt at the autograph night @ Cmp. I asked him about Outlaw & he wasn't a big fan of Outlaws surface. I know it's gotten better but Matt said his car took a beating because of the rocks there. I really hope he dose race that weekend. That would be awesome. 

17 minutes ago, Dirtmodfan said:

Doubt we will see any Platinum drivers there other than Hearn.  Outlaw speedway has a solid purse the same weekend. Only other invaders I can think of that will be there are Tremont, Bachetti, and perhaps Laubach.  Should be around 50 modifieds or so.

Stewart Friesen and Danny Johnson will also be there.

• Like 1