1 hour ago, IseeHorns said:

Yea thinking he was a bit premature on the plug pulling. Only 4:30..... smh 

Well I guess it's a good call.  What would he do if the track ends up with a little water on it...

630 is still NO RAIN IN FONDA!! great call pete....

• Like 1

What a joke! I hurried home from riding all day to find out it's been cancelled! It looked like it rained earlier in Fultonville but it looks pretty nice now at 630pm. And from what I just checked,Fonda's weather for the rest of the night is suppose to be 0% chance of rain from 6-11pm. All I have to say is "WOW PETE!"

• Like 2

Oh remember how everyone used to bitch and complain about Ric until he said fuck it I don't need this shit. Old Ric ain't looking so bad now is he ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Race Freak said:

lol....that's how the Ridge was....

its gotta be frustrating as a racer and fan.  you spend all week getting ready for race day and this type of nonsense happens.  

Fulton speedway fell into this catagory as well...after racing until 2am at brewerton a few weeks back with terrible track conditions...they cancel at 3 30...10 mins before the sun pops out...against my better judgement i ended up 10 mins up the road at oswego..under the sun watching...

• Like 1

How much would you all be complaining if Pete had waited and everyone was there and ready to go and the sky would have opened up which was predicted??????

1 hour ago, Towman said:

How much would you all be complaining if Pete had waited and everyone was there and ready to go and the sky would have opened up which was predicted??????

Or maybe the track would have been "too fast" and everybody would have complained.  Funny thing is that the forecast at my house was 0%-5% chance of rain and it rained on and off all afternoon.

• Like 1

I'd love to know what all the arm chair promoters in here would have done if they were faced with a purse to pay out, a weather forecast that said it was going to rain, and an empty grandstand because of the forecasted rain.

Unfortunately in the world of smart phones everyone has easy access to the weather and can call up the forecast at a moments notice.  The forecast wasn't favorable, so the smart decision was made.

Easy to throw stones when it's not your bank account that's on the hook for the payout.  JMO

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

I'd love to know what all the arm chair promoters in here would have done if they were faced with a purse to pay out, a weather forecast that said it was going to rain, and an empty grandstand because of the forecasted rain.

Unfortunately in the world of smart phones everyone has easy access to the weather and can call up the forecast at a moments notice.  The forecast wasn't favorable, so the smart decision was made.

Easy to throw stones when it's not your bank account that's on the hook for the payout.  JMO

That makes sense to me. Why are you posting such common sense responses? Lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

That makes sense to me. Why are you posting such common sense responses? Lol.

Crazy right, all you have to do is apply some simple thought and logic to the situation but I'm sure I'll get blasted by everyone who hates the current promoter at Fonda.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Crazy right, all you have to do is apply some simple thought and logic to the situation but I'm sure I'll get blasted by everyone who hates the current promoter at Fonda.

They hate every promoter at Fonda .

• Like 1

I completely understand with the financial aspect of a questionable night of racing because of weather...but when tracks cancel early and then often may have been able to get the show in...that puts a bad taste in the mouth of drivers and teams that spend lots of time and money in order to be ready to race....a few of those decisions and your support from teams dwindle....then fan count drops...and then your scared to race if there is a sign of a rain drop...maybe right from the start you show your going to do everything in your power to get the show in and teams from other tracks catch on with that mentality and your car count grows...thats why fulton gets a pass once in awhile like last night....normally they push on and race....and car count reflects it...track owners and promoters should remember most if not all the teams that attend each week are losing money and yet they work their ass off to be there each week...so we have very little sympathy for them losing a buck once in awhile...

• Like 2

I feel badly for any Fonda promoter because for whatever reason, that track gets more focus than anyone on this forum. 

But I would agree, racing no matter what until rains come is the cost of doing business. Canceling based on forecast just isn't the right call. 

You look at Central Pa, the Grove has gotten terrible publicity for cancelling early, whereas Lincoln has the reputation for running no matter what.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KrashMender said:

How many races were canceled when Pete ran Glen Ridge when the sun was out?? Pete does the same thing at Fonda, cancels too early.  A Promoter can't be a quitter and that's what Pete has become, a quitter.  Pete should admit he bit off more than he can chew. Give him credit for trying but I believe I know a song that will sung on Sept. 23rd.  Na na na na, Na na na na, Hey heyyyyy goodbye...

You better send a notification to UR speedway right now. They just pulled the plug with no rain and a couple green spots on the radar. Expecting 100 sportsman and a huge crowd. Lets be fair and criticize ALL the tracks that cancel when you think they shouldnt. Lol