For the last 15 years or so I've gone to NASCAR races at NH and always watched Ted in the mod race on Saturday. Ever year I told everyone I was with to keep on eye on him. Never met him but a real treat to watch in the track.

Flew into Bradley from Charlotte Friday night.Stopped at Stafford on the way back to Mass just in time to catch the SK feature never would have thought it would be TCs last race. Godspeed Ted. 

I had the pleasure of meeting him years ago at the Adirondack Speedway when the mods were there. He was extremely personable and genuine. Although I only chatted with him for a few minutes, his approachability won me over. He had this attitude which appeared to be, "I'm going to win no matter what it takes.". I would attend the fall race in Loudon for about 5 years and I would cheer for him more than any other driver during that weekend. RIP Teddy.

Teddy was a great guy.  I have so many stories with him as a result announcing the indoor races.  I was always TC guy.  I loved how he reacted to the crowd when he'd get boo'd.  He loved it and lived for it and lived up to it at times.  As has been said he had the three tap rule.  The third time you better get out of the way lol.  He always had some stories.  I was fortunate to chat with him on many occusions.  He always would stop and talk and see what was new.  No matter what he was doing he made time to chat.  Last time I got to talk to him was in Atlantic City this past year.  Man this sucks.  I'm definitely going to miss seeing him and chatting with him.  RIP Teddy, gonna miss seeing you at the races.  The indoor shows won't ever be the same.  

I read a quote from him...

"I should get a Kleenex Sponsorship. Then we can have a big box of Kleenex out on the trailer every week so all the drivers crying about me after every race can come get some. I want to know what they're going to cry about when I'm gone"

Well Ted, they cry because you are gone.... the show just got a little more boring.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, The Rabbitt said:

I read a quote from him...

"I should get a Kleenex Sponsorship. Then we can have a big box of Kleenex out on the trailer every week so all the drivers crying about me after every race can come get some. I want to know what they're going to cry about when I'm gone"

Well Ted, they cry because you are gone.... the show just got a little more boring.

+1

So often, the legends of the sport, especially the ones that are "controversial" are not fully appreciated until we don't have the ability to be entertained by them or watch their brilliant aggressiveness in a race car anymore.

It's hard enough when they start to lose a step, and then retire, but to lose them like this is even harder.  Of course, Ted's family and friends lost much more than a source of entertainment and that loss is much more difficult to move beyond, so my thoughts and prayers go out to them.

• Like 3