3 hours ago, con7 said:

I also think it’s absurd when 1/2 miles pretend they’re 5/8th miles and fake speed records are created.

You mean like Oswego, Rolling Wheels and OCFS...

I'm a big sprint car fan myself, but I'll admit I don't believe most tracks are built to contain them and bad things are going to eventually happen.  Volusia in particular just has the perfect shape to be incredibly fast all the time.  Nice to see an extra race for the mods, I'd love to get over there and see them.  It usually falls on the same weekend at 360 sprints and mini sprints at East Bay so i always end up there.  

16 hours ago, con7 said:

I also think it’s absurd when 1/2 miles pretend they’re 5/8th miles and fake speed records are created.

You mean like Flemington?

On 11/23/2017 at 5:25 PM, BobMiller said:

If you've never been to Knoxville, it's really hard to imagine how bad that was. The distance between the 1st turn fence and the street outside isn't very far.  That wreck could have been ugly. Dingus doesn't know how close they were to having a sprint car land on its roof.

Knoxville is probably the best short-track in the country when it comes to utilizing social media. The track constantly posts videos, interviews and just general information about the track and its drivers.

At last weekend's Knoxville track banquet, social media director Kendra Jacobs said the video of Alan Zoutte flipping out of the track was the most retweeted and commented tweet that the track had this season. In both 2015 and 2016, the most popularKnoxville tweets were about McKenna Haase winning that night's 305 feature.

5 hours ago, djbamber said:

You mean like Flemington?

Flemington was an offender for sure, but they’re far from the only one. The old configuration of Golden Isles was a big offender too.