55 minutes ago, leroy said:

I know there is a story on front page with some quotes from the promoter.

I was curious to hear some thoughts from fans though. If anyone on here went? How was it?

http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/New17/?p=13572

Leroy I wasn't at the show but I found this post on another website.   

I've been to handful of indoor events and never saw a show i could honestly say i enjoyed.  This show looked better on video than any of the other ones I've seen. I'm never one to complain about ticket prices but I can't blame some people for taking issue with that with the indoor events at Trenton.  Ten bucks to park the car in a lot which is secure, but if the lot is full or you wanna save ten bucks you can park in the hood and roll the dice. Its a very seedy area only a block or so from the arena. 40 bucks for a lower level ticket........10 of which is a ticket company fee if you prepay. Usually when you prepay you save money. This event could be improved alot with a few tweaks as far as turnout goes.   50 bucks is the biggest reason the crowd was so light.

I went.  Friday was typical indoor racing.  Lots of short runs to a yellow but guys came from last to win a heat.  Saturday was a different story.  Really good racing, 2 sometimes 3 wide. The first B main went 2 flags.  There was some Really good racing in the A.  Awesome finish. Whitey Kidd ran a perfect race nailed the last restart and caught Alex Bright by surprise.  I would like to know how it would have ended if Eddie Strada III didn't get caught in a restart tangle.  I will definitely go back next year. 

• Like 1

I'm confused as to whether or not these people complaining about paying for parking and arena fees have ever been to an indoor race or arena event before. Ticket fees are addressed to every single concert at one of these arena, along with every single indoor racing event I've ever been to. In addition, you have to pay for Parking in Allentown, and pay for parking in Atlantic City. This is nothing new, and it wont be changing. Hockey games, basketball, lacrosse, concerts, all have fees attached to their tickets at every arena across the country. Just because its racing doesnt meat it will/should be different.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back to the original question I thought overall the racing was significantly better than on the concrete. As noted by Lenny there was 2 and 3 wide racing along with a multi-lap side by side battle for the lead in the A. Certainly not what you typically see when the TQ's run. Dust was basically non-existent. Overall the show was greatly improved and made for an enjoyable evening. My biggest question is where were all the fans? I was shocked at the attendance. It always seems like it is harder to draw a crowd between Thanksgiving and Christmas but I figured there would be enough interest in dirt racing to offset undesirable date. Hopefully spectators were just being cautious and wanted to see how things went the first year.

Now onto the complaints that typically come from indoor shows:

• Yes, you have to pay to park. It's like that at almost any arena. Yes it sucks but it is what it is.
  • Tickmaster fees - This is likely what hurts these events the most since it adds at least 25% to the ticket price with little to no benefit for the customer. Again it's accepted when dealing with arenas but it's unfortunate as I suspect the added fees stop some fans from attending. There's no way the promoter is going to get around the added fees.
  • Like 1

Yeah, unfortunately, I think the total price (event + added fees + parking) could turn off fans. I'm thinking $30 is the breaking point.

16 minutes ago, 12A-alltheway said:

The fees are a bit much. I just checked on the Albany indoor tickets. With fees they went from $28 to $41 or from yes to no.

17 minutes ago, 12A-alltheway said:

Did the $41 include parking?

Nope but they have a few $5 lots not too far from the arena. It’s more at the arena’s parking garage. The same thing happened with arenacross tickets there. A $20 ticket goes to $30 plus with the fees. I’m not paying for a ticket and a half for one ticket.

I bought my ticket, paid to park and fees suck, but I saw a race in December.  I had a great time and the A-Main was exciting.  That was by far the most entertaining East Coast indoor show I've been to.  I'll go to Atlantic City, Allentown and Albany but it will be hard to top that race.  There was two, three and four wide racing.  Our seats were front row, 50 bucks total.  That's the cost of going then I'll go.  I've spent 50 bucks on a lot worse lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, 12A-alltheway said:

Nope but they have a few $5 lots not too far from the arena. It’s more at the arena’s parking garage. The same thing happened with arenacross tickets there. A $20 ticket goes to $30 plus with the fees. I’m not paying for a ticket and a half for one ticket.

Are the fees just for online purchases? I'm thinking I'd rather just walk up and buy a ticket.

1 hour ago, chas71 said:

Are the fees just for online purchases? I'm thinking I'd rather just walk up and buy a ticket.

Yeah this is a fair question.  I know out here there are very few fees if you buy in person.  (Example - I bought Lions tickets - Ticketmaster fees were something like $23 per ticket.  I instead went to box office (admittedly ahead of time) and paid $3 per ticket in fees).

Was the box office selling the day of?

Each arena will have it's own fee schedule. Most often you can save on a lot of the fees if you buy in person at the box office. All events list a $5 increase in prices if you purchase at the box office the day of the event.

And for anyone going to the Atlantic City race I'd recommend calling AARN to get your tickets. Fees are less and you can more easily select where you want to sit. Only downside is the limited number of sections available.

Let's face it anybody other then the diehard race fan knowing it's going to cost $40 to $50 just for the admission ticket plus pay for parking and cost to travel there and maybe something to eat they will be dropping $100 for a 600 micro sprint race will not be attending. 

I'm not paying to park, and I certainly wouldn't pay a $5 upcharge because of things like - I couldn't find anyone to cover me at work sooner. And how do ticket prices rise inexplicably from $28 to $41? If anyone supports that nonsense and thinks they are seeing "racing," you're crazy. What I see is "raping," there's a difference.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, dundeedm said:

$50 for a race is still better then  $100+ for a baseball game.

That discussion has been had often on here. An indoor TQ or Micro-Sprint race is not major-league baseball. Local racing's equivalent is minor league baseball/hockey with $10-20 ticket prices, not the NFL or MLB.

On 12/6/2017 at 7:06 PM, MikeMallett said:

I bought my ticket, paid to park and fees suck, but I saw a race in December.  I had a great time and the A-Main was exciting.  That was by far the most entertaining East Coast indoor show I've been to.  I'll go to Atlantic City, Allentown and Albany but it will be hard to top that race.  There was two, three and four wide racing.  Our seats were front row, 50 bucks total.  That's the cost of going then I'll go.  I've spent 50 bucks on a lot worse lol.

Yes there was that time when the test kits you bought at the drug store turned blue.. i think those were $50.. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

That discussion has been had often on here. An indoor TQ or Micro-Sprint race is not major-league baseball. Local racing's equivalent is minor league baseball/hockey with $10-20 ticket prices, not the NFL or MLB.

Ive been to many races that I got charged to park at. And the last time I went to minor league hockey (Rochester Amerks), fairly certain I paid to park.  So I don't feel being charged to park , especially at an indoor arena , is out of line . 

The ticket price for the event does seem steep . But I may have bit the bullet and went if it was closer to home. say Rochester or Syracuse.

as Mallet said. I've spent 50 bucks on a lot worse  .

I was mainly interested in whether or not the racing was decent .  And looks as though a couple people said it was good 

2 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Gateway, DuQuoin, Tulsa Shootout & Chili Bowl are all indoor dirt races.

I meant the East Coast races like Atlantic City and the others.