4 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Tickets are high enough these days, this only puts them out of reach for most. You have to remember, the DCN is 12 nights! And one other thing, how come you aren't complaining about the DIRTcar/UMP Modified purses for their nights?? Theirs is less than the SDS Modifieds & nobody bitches. They just show up, race & have a great time.

So true. For everyone that complains that the purse's are to low should step up and be a event sponsor. Problem solved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leroy said:

I think part or the reason DIRTcar added another night for the mods in 2018  is because some teams(including the poster team), were on the fence about going this year.  Considering  the screwing they got in 2017

Not much DIRTcar can do with mother nature.

• Like 2

Frankly to me UMP/DIRTcar whatevers are nothing more then street stocks with modified bodies. And if their fans think they deserve more then let them bitch for them.

The DIRTcar NE Modifieds need to stand up for themselves. I don't believe people down there don't like our modifieds. When I was in Charlotte I was surprised how much the southern fans loved our modifieds and actually knew the names of a lot of the drivers. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dundeedm said:

Frankly to me UMP/DIRTcar whatevers are nothing more then street stocks with modified bodies. And if their fans think they deserve more then let them bitch for them.

You clearly have never seen a UMP race, especially at Volusia. They're far from a Street Stock!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, leroy said:

I think part or the reason DIRTcar added another night for the mods in 2018  is because some teams(including the poster team), were on the fence about going this year.  Considering  the screwing they got in 2017

You should give up thinking! The decision of adding a full SDS program to the DCN was already being discussed before last years DCN was over. I'm curious to hear your excuse for the silly "screwing" remark. I know the entire staff at WRG is strong, but their not that strong!!

#YouCantFightMaNature

14 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

You clearly have never seen a UMP race, especially at Volusia. They're far from a Street Stock!

Have I ever seen them at Volusia? No. Have I seen them yes. 

And I stand by what I said. They can put on a good show, so don't most Pro Stocks/Street Stocks, but they don't compare to the Big Block Mods.

1 hour ago, dundeedm said:

The DIRTcar NE Modifieds need to stand up for themselves. I don't believe people down there don't like our modifieds. When I was in Charlotte I was surprised how much the southern fans loved our modifieds and actually knew the names of a lot of the drivers. 

Bob Miller posted a video several years ago in which the UMP Mods were turning identical lap times to the Northeast big-block Modifieds; they are hardly street stocks.

• Like 2

Ever see them without bodies? They look a lot a like. 

I've seen the video and on tv and live they still don't put on as good a show. IMO

Here everyone can form their own opinion.  Still think the BB Mods are faster, they have more horse power and bigger tires. You'll notice the UMP Mods slide around the track more then the BB Mods.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dundeedm said:

Ever see them without bodies? They look a lot a like. 

I've seen the video and on tv and live they still don't put on as good a show. IMO

There’s way more to it than looks. Street stocks aren’t running late model rear clips, and a UMP mod is way lighter than a stock car. 

9 hours ago, jumper12a said:

You should give up thinking! The decision of adding a full SDS program to the DCN was already being discussed before last years DCN was over. I'm curious to hear your excuse for the silly "screwing" remark. I know the entire staff at WRG is strong, but their not that strong!!

#YouCantFightMaNature

Without going back and researching press stories from last season. I think some of teams were hoping that they could of run a double or make up program on either Friday and or Saturday.  Getting in another feature.  At least one driver was quoted a saying it didn't make much sense to haul all the way down there and get paid for just two races. And that the team may have to rethink going next year.

As far as Ma nature.  I think we hashed this out last year.  Yes it poured all day Wednesday, and half the day Thursday.  

So what sense did it make for the track crew to lay down additional water to the track most of the afternoon on Friday?? .  And where were the pack trucks?  Water that directly contributed to the lateness of hour, the shortening of the programs feature, even before the fog set in.  The teams were expected to run in the track half the evening and Friday was a beautiful day

A few years ago i was not a fan of the UMP mods... But i have to say the put on a pretty good show at Volusia.  I would now say i am a fan of the class ... 

• Like 1

I look forward to seeing the UMP Modifieds next week, just as much as I look forward to the other classes. Love them there! Schrader, K. Wallace, Allgaier, Crafton, Stremme, etc.... You can't go wrong.

My wife and I went to Volusia one night back in 2011 . The night we went it was just the UMP Mods and Sprint cars were practicing . The UMP Mods had close to 70 cars that night . Both Dillon boys were there . Schrader , Kenny Wallace , and Clint Bowyer were there as well .  Boy did those Sprint cars fly around that place . Funny thing was we ended up talking to someone that goes to Lebanon Valley . I think there were about 50 people watching that night . The stands were empty . I could throw a rock and not hit anyone ! The racing was really good ! I think it got down into the 40's or 50's that night . It was pretty cold . One thing I remember was that the next morning when I put my sneakers back on ,the Clay that was stuck to them was still tacky in spots . 

Trust me, Volusia gets a lot more than 50 fans.

The WoO Sprint shows the last couple of years were as close to a mob scene as I've seen at a Dirt track outside of the biggest shows of the year.  People everywhere, nowhere left to park...etc.

1 hour ago, shernernum said:

Trust me, Volusia gets a lot more than 50 fans.

The WoO Sprint shows the last couple of years were as close to a mob scene as I've seen at a Dirt track outside of the biggest shows of the year.  People everywhere, nowhere left to park...etc.

I was saying the night I was there the attendance was very low . Extemely low as in some promoters would have cancelled . I have no idea how many fans their stands hold when it was packed , but I saw entire sections empty . No lie , I could have thrown a softball and not hit a single person with it . It was the weirdest thing I have seen at a race track . All that was racing that night was the UMP Modifieds and Sprint cars were practicing not racing .

ok maybe 200 people were there 

46 minutes ago, 27jfan said:

I was saying the night I was there the attendance was very low . Extemely low as in some promoters would have cancelled . I have no idea how many fans their stands hold when it was packed , but I saw entire sections empty . No lie , I could have thrown a softball and not hit a single person with it . It was the weirdest thing I have seen at a race track . All that was racing that night was the UMP Modifieds and Sprint cars were practicing not racing .

ok maybe 200 people were there 

That makes sense as it would have been a Tuesday night and sprint car practice isn't much of a draw.  Usually by Thursday night of the Sprint Car portion the place is standing room only and stays that way all the way through the last night.

This picture was taken at Wythe Speedway in Virginia.  I'm trying to find the one with Kyle in it but not sure how many street stocks are hitting 118 at the end of the backstretch.

imagepng_2.png

• Like 1