Sign in to follow this  
BobMiller

Whoever said "No news is good news" is full of...

themselves.

Here it is, April 13th, 2018 - the dawn of a brand new racing season... and not a word out of Rolling Wheels Raceway for anything even remotely close to a schedule. This isn't good.

Death-Dealer-Frazetta-h.jpg

You're right Bob, I drove by there last week and was wondering the same thing.  I would love the opportunity to race there now that our race team is up to par.

Still beating on the dead horse that is rolling wheels. Ive already accepted the fact that there wont be any legit auto racing there ever again. Awesome pic though Mr. Miller. 

13 minutes ago, TheKraken said:

Still beating on the dead horse that is rolling wheels. Ive already accepted the fact that there wont be any legit auto racing there ever again. Awesome pic though Mr. Miller. 

If it weren't for beating dead horses, half the threads on here would be gone.

2 hours ago, John Williams said:

If it weren't for beating dead horses, half the threads on here would be gone.

We could supply meat for McDonalds. 

I love that picture The Death Dealer by Frank Frazetta. Easily my favorite artist.

As for Rolling Wheels, until it's no longer needed as a tax write off and the owners decide to sell. Rolling Wheels is just a ghost town.

Changing the name of the track to "Not Rolling Wheels" would solve this dilemma....

Ratzso

“Gambling isn't a problem unless you are losing.”

1 hour ago, dundeedm said:

I love that picture The Death Dealer by Frank Frazetta. Easily my favorite artist.

As for Rolling Wheels, until it's no longer needed as a tax write off and the owners decide to sell. Rolling Wheels is just a ghost town.

Thanks for posting the artist name. Seen the  picture and the name but never caught who made it.

Ever "Knight, Death and the Devil" by  Albrecht Dürer? Another really good one. Was actually an engraving to start but has made its way to print. 

Screw Rolling Wheels, mid evil artwork it is. 

• Like 1

What damn shame its become. Some of my best memories has come from the track. Whenever i drive by it i wish someone would breathe some life into it again. Actually how is the condition of the place and racing surface?

When the AMA race suddenly appeared on the Weedsport schedule?  

Kind of figured RWR would be dust this year.  

The good news.......  

It is  80 degrees outside today in Minersville :drinks:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheKraken said:

Now EVER is a very, very long time.  From what I hear, ownership is like 178 and 134 years old so the clock is ticking...Unless our friend with the prize truck is really the owner.  Then, well, might be right....carry on.

15 hours ago, TheKraken said:

I don't think the horse is all that dead. The guy who runs the place is a few sandwiches short of a picnic and must have some pretty good dirt on the guy who holds the deed. There are people out here that love the track and would give anything to see it continue racing. Unfortunately, I didn't inherit millions and can't do much about it except bring it up once in a while to keep reminding those who can save the place that it should be rescued.

And if you liked Frank Frazetta's work, it was showcased quite a bit on Molly Hatchet album covers. They also used work from...

Paul Raymond Gregory
63766.jpg

And Boris Vallejo
Boris+Vallejo+1981+-+08.jpg

12 hours ago, dundeedm said:

Frazetta was my second favorite artist. First place to me goes to Tex Avery. Tex is credited for inventing Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Droopy Dog, and Red Hot Ridinghood, which was the idea behind the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit." Although he was a cartoon artist, Avery's work was very much adult oriented and he manipulated the censors well. In a lot of his work, he would intentionally include something sexually charged, racially charged and violence related, knowing full well the censors would make him edit one of the 3 no-nos out. They'd just pick the one that was furthest over the line. Look him up on youtube... I'll bet a lot of people have seen his work but didn't know who the artist was.

A lot of people? Try almost every kid born before 1990.

There was more violence and sexual innuendos in Tex's Looney Tunes then in movies during his time.