Sign in to follow this  
ChrisAkulis

Bristol

If that place was 10% full it was an exaggeration.  I'm not exactly sure what they do at this point to get it back to being relevant again....

The Xfinity race on Saturday was more full than Sunday.

With that preface, I think it is worth discussing the effect of social media in this instance.  I do not follow that many people "in the know" but ALL of the conversation was about how there was NO way that they were going to get the race in.  There was zero commentary (that I saw) from NASCAR , other than pulling the race up an hour.

I imagine there were many that stayed home as a result.  Would it have taken it from 10 to 80%?  No way, but at least somewhat respectable.  (Interesting that local school district cancelled school today and kids get to go for free to the rest of the race)

I went to the spring Bristol race in 2014 and the weather was very similar. For my friends and I it was great because it turned into a night race and we could sit virtually anywhere we wanted. The place was packed all weekend, but come time for the race it was empty. 

I read they sold 75% of tickets. Weather kept it empty
Whats annoying with Bristol is people look at the stands and ignore the fact that year after year its the best race on the schedule

Sunday/Monday was fantastic