Sign in to follow this  
In the Shadows

Albany Saratoga cancelation & rescheduling

Albany Saratoga has cancelled Friday 4/20 & was rescheduled to Tuesday 4/24.

according to their web site. looks like a good field of cars. the good thing is running on a tues. this early in the season, there should be no problem getting a seat.

I got a 20 spot payable by 815 if there isnt a normal crowd. Or a doober which ever you would rather wager lol

44 minutes ago, doober said:

according to their web site. looks like a good field of cars. the good thing is running on a tues. this early in the season, there should be no problem getting a seat.

I would think the the opposite. Big name drivers, early season, decent enough weather at a track that moves the show along quick. Stands will be full. 

• Like 2

They also said Jimmy Phelps, Max McLaughlin & Matt Sheppard expressed interest.

10 hours ago, In the Shadows said:

They also said Jimmy Phelps, Max McLaughlin & Matt Sheppard expressed interest.

Max posted a photo on social media last night that the hauler was loaded up and heading east today toward the Albany-Saratoga Speedway.

As of Sunday, Matt Sheppard was planning on being there with the 9s.

Looks like a healthy list of invaders will be joining the already stellar field at Malta tonight! 

• Like 1

There was a guy live streaming the end of the Albany-Saratoga modified feature tonight. Looked like a hell of a race between TMac and Matt Sheppard for the win.

TMac edged him at the line. They were neck and neck the whole last five laps. 

Can you imagine if TMac were running Modifieds full time?  The races we would see with him, Sheppard, Freisen, Decker, Hearn....

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 7:20 PM, doober said:

I looked for you Doober. That place had all the "feels" of any big race I have been too. The line was as long to get in at 6:15,  as any race I have seen there in the last 10 years. Great heat races and a great modified feature. Matt threw everything but the kitchen sink at T-Mac. The dedication to the top by Tim was impressive. 

Decker was charging and then about lap 25 he was gone? 

One of the best races I have seen EVER. Congrats to T-Mac/ 39 Team. Yes to the ticket line @ 6:15,  all the way to the wood line.

Mac's car looked so much faster than everyone else's but Sheppard made the low line work to dominate.  If it wasn't for the yellows it would have been a runaway.  Loved Mac's never give up effort and his appreciation of the fans.  Management blew it with the spectator line but who knew the turnout would be so large for a mid week show in cool temperatures. They should have opened up some more ticket sellers like the big show does.  Probably cut into food sales.  Never seen it like that in going there for 30 years or so.  

1 hour ago, captdonnie said:

I looked for you Doober. That place had all the "feels" of any big race I have been too. The line was as long to get in at 6:15,  as any race I have seen there in the last 10 years. Great heat races and a great modified feature. Matt threw everything but the kitchen sink at T-Mac. The dedication to the top by Tim was impressive. 

Decker was charging and then about lap 25 he was gone? 

was there, didn't dare to get up would have lost my seat lol. your right one of the best races i've seen in a few yrs. you know it was packed when cars were parked a 1/2 mile in each direction on rt. 9. kind of wonder where larry wight and pat ward were? i thought both were entered. other than that good show, a little dusty. didn't like the last chance race starting 23 cars, guys in the back had no chance of making the race. jz ran good and looked good as always.

I won't lie I was a little nervous with how the night was gonna go from the time I pulled in and saw a 20 minute wait for entry (Which ive never seen at the track before) and Where i was gonna find a seat. But Right away competitive heats, awesome LCQ'S, and BB feature that will be hard to top for the rest of the year. Hats of to Albany-Saratoga for putting on one hell of a show and finishing at a decent time for everyone to get home. 

2 hours ago, LABDOG said:

Mac's car looked so much faster than everyone else's but Sheppard made the low line work to dominate.  If it wasn't for the yellows it would have been a runaway.  Loved Mac's never give up effort and his appreciation of the fans.  Management blew it with the spectator line but who knew the turnout would be so large for a mid week show in cool temperatures. They should have opened up some more ticket sellers like the big show does.  Probably cut into food sales.  Never seen it like that in going there for 30 years or so.  

In the age of technology we all use everyday, why can't i purchase my admission ticket on line, walk through the gate and quickly scan my phone? Hundreds of people entire in a matter of minutes. Standing in line for that amount of time in this day and age seems very primitive. With that rant being said, i would still stand in line for twice the length i did last night to watch T-Mac POND the cushion like he did for the last 10 laps! UNBELIEVABLE, it was like watching "barefoot" back in the early 90's. Thanks Lyle, tremendous show and the surface was exceptional despite the weather conditions we have experienced in the last few weeks. Great job you are the man!!

One of the best race's I have seen in a long time, Tremont started 17 or 18th came home in 4th first regular across the line.