Stewyfan44

What's the race you look forward to the most

Any time at a new track....Outlaw weekend too.

I also get just as excited whenever my home track hosts any race where the "invaders" come in, doesn't matter what class..

The year end streetstock/prostock/thunderstock race at Brighton draws a lot of cars from several tracks and the racing is always great.

The World Finals tops my list. Super DIRT Week although different from the 2015 version and prior still tops my list of NY events. The National Open at Williams Grove might be my favorite stand alone Sprint Car event, but it used to be the Bully Hill Nationals at Black Rock. I prefer 360's to 410's and that was an awesome show. Too bad it ended.

2 hours ago, BobMiller said:

The World Finals tops my list. Super DIRT Week although different from the 2015 version and prior still tops my list of NY events. The National Open at Williams Grove might be my favorite stand alone Sprint Car event, but it used to be the Bully Hill Nationals at Black Rock. I prefer 360's to 410's and that was an awesome show. Too bad it ended.

As far as sprint events, Indiana Sprint or Midget Week is amazing.  I love Terre Haute for the USAC sprinters and either Kokomo or Lawrenceburg for the USAC midgets. Here's a highlight from Lawrenceburg:

https://loudpedal.tv/2017/06/highlights-national-midgets-at-lawrenceburg-61017/

Kutztown's opener, the chili bowl (when I go), going to a new track is always exciting, too. USAC Eastern storm. Anytime I go out to Indiana. 

Used to love the 200 at Fulton but it’s lacked a lot of luster of the years. I still wish they wouldn’t race on the track the night before tho. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, chas71 said:

As far as sprint events, Indiana Sprint or Midget Week is amazing.  I love Terre Haute for the USAC sprinters and either Kokomo or Lawrenceburg for the USAC midgets. Here's a highlight from Lawrenceburg:

https://loudpedal.tv/2017/06/highlights-national-midgets-at-lawrenceburg-61017/

Indiana tracks are high on my list of tracks "to get too".  Trying to put a road trip together in a few weeks that will scratch Terre Haute and possibly Lucas Oil Speedway off " The List" . 

looking for a race on Memorial Day on way back to NY ?

3 hours ago, toprow said:

Used to love the 200 at Fulton but it’s lacked a lot of luster of the years. I still wish they wouldn’t race on the track the night before tho. 

Totally agree, I thought the racing in the 200 was better when the track went through changes throughout the 200 laps rather than having it slick right from the start.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, leroy said:

Indiana tracks are high on my list of tracks "to get too".  Trying to put a road trip together in a few weeks that will scratch Terre Haute and possibly Lucas Oil Speedway off " The List" . 

looking for a race on Memorial Day on way back to NY ?

Lincoln Park Speedway,  Putnamville IN. USAC Midgets

1 hour ago, djbamber said:

Lawrenceburg Speedway has WoO Sprints on the 28th!

Has been one of the shows of the year the last few years. Larson usually runs the show and the last couple of years it’s been slide job city.

Indiana tracks? Just one word... Haubstadt.

The World Finals are one of the top events that I attend every year.Port Royal speedway tops the list as one of my favorite race tracks.

Indy 500 and Knoxville Nationals are the races I most look forward to.

Event would be the Williams Grove National Open, just because we have a group of Campers (Camp Mayhem) that have made it an event for me.

Like Daytona I can understand going to the Indy 500 at least once, it's a huge event that the whole city gets around. But once is good enough for me. 

Daytona technically is the kick off to the racing season.  So I see why people get up for that. But Daytona and Indy are probably two of the most boring ass races I have ever had to sit through.

My Favorite has to be all week Labor Day. Sunday the Vince Osmun Memorial at Kokomo, then off to Boone for the next 6 days.  Do yourself a favor and experience Kokomo and Boone at least once in your life. But they are both like Lays chips ...one isn't enough

Boone is probably the best bang for your buck if you're in to dirt racing. Modifieds, late models, stock cars. It's incredibly HUGE.  Think twice the size of SDW and 10x the amount of racing.

1 hour ago, dundeedm said:

Like Daytona I can understand going to the Indy 500 at least once, it's a huge event that the whole city gets around. But once is good enough for me. 

Daytona technically is the kick off to the racing season.  So I see why people get up for that. But Daytona and Indy are probably two of the most boring ass races I have ever had to sit through.

I believe the topic is races you MOST look forward to, not the LEAST.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, dundeedm said:

Boone is probably the best bang for your buck if you're in to dirt racing. Modifieds, late models, stock cars. It's incredibly HUGE.  Think twice the size of SDW and 10x the amount of racing.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, RJO said:

Lincoln Park Speedway,  Putnamville IN. USAC Midgets

Appreciate the info Ron. But thinking something has changed here?  Looks like race is on Thurs?  idk

3 hours ago, leroy said:

Appreciate the info Ron. But thinking something has changed here?  Looks like race is on Thurs?  idk

Apr 13   Kokomo, IN Kokomo Speedway Tyler Courtney
  Apr 14   Kokomo, IN Kokomo Speedway Rained Out
(I) May 29   Montpelier, IN Montpelier Motor Speedway  
(I) May 30   Gas City, IN Gas City I-69 Speedway  
(I) May 31   Putnamville, IN Lincoln Park Speedway  
(I) Jun 01   Bloomington, IN Bloomington Speedway  
(I) Jun 02   Lawrenceburg, IN Lawrenceburg Speedway  
(I) Jun 03   Kokomo, IN Kokomo Speedway

22 hours ago, tygarl said:

Man I love the shows these guys put on at this track.