What are some of everyone's favorite names for races/events over the years? The quality, format or racing does not matter. Talking just the names of the race/event. 

Ive always liked the following: Battle at the Border at Can Am. Showdown at Sundown at Fulton. I dont recall where as i think there are several but Halloween Havoc was always a good one too. 

Ones i dont particularly care for are the "Ice" or "Frost" ones. Ice Jam, Frost Buster ect ect. 

What are other peoples favorites and such? 

My favorite big race name of all time is the now defunct Historical Big One. 

All the traditional Rolling Wheels races - DIRT Challenge Cup, Northeast Showdown, Spring Fling, Robert M. Petrocci Memorial.... Canandaigua used to have the Finger Lakes 100.... Victoria 200 (does that name even exist anymore?).... Eastern States 200.... Freedom 76.... Ransomville SummerNationals.... Southern Tier 100.... Mohawk Valley 200....

Pretty much any big Modified event from my teenage years, LOL.

3 minutes ago, Speedway21 said:

Ransomville Summer nationals 

(Insert name here) Nationals used to be cool but it seems like every track across the US has one race or another thats deemed "Nationals". Kind of lost its luster. 

Utica-Rome 400 when it was actually 400 laps. I raced in this event 2 years in a row

Indianapolis 500, Knoxville Nationals, Williams Grove National Open, and the International Classic.  

1 hour ago, TheKraken said:

(Insert name here) Nationals used to be cool but it seems like every track across the US has one race or another thats deemed "Nationals". Kind of lost its luster. 

Just holds a nostalgic feel at the Big R for me, but yeah it's been over done. Battle at the (insert location/object) is kind of over used I feel like too. 

Used to be a bigger event, and I've had my issues with (the other) Bob Miller's promoting in the past, but I always thought the most appropriate name was for the old big block SDS race at Grandview....The Traffic Jam.

Was a great description of 30 modifieds on that track.

• Like 3

Just now, shernernum said:

Used to be a bigger event, and I've had my issues with (the other) Bob Miller's promoting in the past, but I always thought the most appropriate name was for the old big block SDS race at Grandview....The Traffic Jam.

Was a great description of 30 modifieds on that track.

Thirty Modifieds is a traffic jam in a feature there? You should have seen the old Freedom 76 races when it used to start 40 cars every year. LOL

53 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Thirty Modifieds is a traffic jam in a feature there? You should have seen the old Freedom 76 races when it used to start 40 cars every year. LOL

TBH, the way they bump and chrome horn there its a good description for anything more than 6-8 cars on that track. LOL

The Hurricane... For a number of reasons... Freedom 76er sounds sweet... Eastern States has some ring to it.. 

If I had a event, I would call it "The D" At Brewerton. Run 70 laps for $7000...

7 hours ago, racer80 said:

Utica-Rome 400 when it was actually 400 laps. I raced in this event 2 years in a row

When was that? Wow.. how many cars would start and how many usually finished?

Jumpin Jack 200 at Rolling Wheels and the DIRT Challenge Cup (not just because of the name, but because it guaranteed starting position for the top five from every DIRT sanction Big Block track. 

47 minutes ago, dundeedm said:

When was that? Wow.. how many cars would start and how many usually finished?

Jumpin Jack 200 at Rolling Wheels and the DIRT Challenge Cup (not just because of the name, but because it guaranteed starting position for the top five from every DIRT sanction Big Block track. 

1970 & 71...Utica was a 1/3 mile asphalt & it was sanctioned by Nascar....I think they started 24. They would run 200 laps & invert the field, then run the remaining 200....I don't recall how many finished, but the competitors were legendary.....Lazzaro,Charland,Evans, Cook,Troyer, Bugsy,DeSarro,Flemke,Billy Hensley, Bernie Miller, Romano,Lape & a ton of other Nascar stars.....those were the days!

• Like 1