Sign in to follow this  
billglitch

Big cars at Paradise

Current list of big car events at Paradise Speedway in Geneva NY

7/21 Nostalgia Modified Tour

7/26 GRIT Sportsman and Street Stocks $500 to win (yes Thursday Night)

7/28 4 Cylinder $500 to win GUARANTEED

8/4 Nostalgia Modified Tour including vintage Late Models

8/11 4 Cylinder $500 to win GUARANTEED

8/18 Classics on DIrt Modified Tour

9/8 GRIT Sportsman

9/29 GRIT street stocks

Edited by billglitch
  • Like 1

Whenever I went to watch the Micros, the track was as slick as Utica Rome was whenever I went there. Is Paradise still like that?

9 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

Best news of the day. 

Yes it is. I'll hit as many of them as my schedule allows. Anyone remember the days when the Street Stocks ran there weekly?

August 21st, 1992...

• Like 1

Curious as to what exactly the Nostalgia Modified Tour and the Classics on Dirt Modified Tour exactly are.  I take it they are probably vintage cars?  But are these two things the same , or each something different?

The Dirt Modified Nostalgia Tour is a different series from the Classics On Dirt. Yes, vintage cars as well as vintage replicas.

I look forward to going there twice this year with the sportsman. Had a blast there last year. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 1:20 AM, BobMiller said:

Yes it is. I'll hit as many of them as my schedule allows. Anyone remember the days when the Street Stocks ran there weekly?

August 21st, 1992...

Ah, my uncle Charlie in this one. Black flagged for the bumper.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:14 AM, leroy said:

Curious as to what exactly the Nostalgia Modified Tour and the Classics on Dirt Modified Tour exactly are.  I take it they are probably vintage cars?  But are these two things the same , or each something different?

2 different groups...different philosophies, google them for exact differences

On 6/18/2018 at 3:46 PM, Adam Leslie said:

I look forward to going there twice this year with the sportsman. Had a blast there last year. 

Can't wait either had a blast watching you guys right for that real estate! Plus watching you go up that grass Bern and come back down virtually unscathed was cool too. All I could hear was Bo alnd Luke Duke shouting, "YEE-HOO"!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JazzyJeff89 said:

Can't wait either had a blast watching you guys right for that real estate! Plus watching you go up that grass Bern and come back down virtually unscathed was cool too. All I could hear was Bo alnd Luke Duke shouting, "YEE-HOO"!

Haha yea that place is a ton of fun! The berm is a bit intimidating though, gotta be careful how you come off it. Few more weeks and we’ll be back! Can’t wait. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2018 at 4:16 PM, chas71 said:

Whenever I went to watch the Micros, the track was as slick as Utica Rome was whenever I went there. Is Paradise still like that?

if you move up a lane its not

We are just over a week away from the first of two visits by the Dirt Modified Nostalgia Tour series. Looking forward to going back next Saturday!

On 6/17/2018 at 4:16 PM, chas71 said:

How long ago was that?

Reason I ask... I've been to Paradise a bunch of times over the years. I don't ever remember it being that way except once - a late November event (I want to say this was the Saturday after Thanksgiving because I know I skipped hunting once to be there) when Paradise raced until the first snowfall. There wasn't any snow on the ground, but it snowed that day and it was colder than a hookers heart. Watering attempts probably would have frozen. Other than that, it has always had bite.

It has been many moons since I have been to Paradise, and I plan on going for the July 26th GRIT show to celebrate my 55th birthday that day. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BobMiller said:

How long ago was that?

Reason I ask... I've been to Paradise a bunch of times over the years. I don't ever remember it being that way except once - a late November event (I want to say this was the Saturday after Thanksgiving because I know I skipped hunting once to be there) when Paradise raced until the first snowfall. There wasn't any snow on the ground, but it snowed that day and it was colder than a hookers heart. Watering attempts probably would have frozen. Other than that, it has always had bite.

Last time was 4 years ago,  it's been like that each time I went (used to go once a year) and then I stopped because really slick tracks don't appeal to me. I was asking, hoping someone would say it's not like that and I'd figure I would give it another try.

20 hours ago, chas71 said:

Last time was 4 years ago,  it's been like that each time I went (used to go once a year) and then I stopped because really slick tracks don't appeal to me. I was asking, hoping someone would say it's not like that and I'd figure I would give it another try.

it depends on where you run to some extent. around the bottom usually gets slick, move up a lane not so much

Street stocks for July 26 race, if your car meets rules for Outlaw, Land of Legends, Genesee  or Ransomville  you will be legal at this race. Its $500 to win and I will have payout farther back soon

On 7/14/2018 at 5:36 PM, chas71 said:

Let me just say this - I was there last year for the Sportsman event and that was a REAL good show. July 26th was my brothers birthday and he would have been there with me, just like we celebrated his birthday at Sandusky one year. Looking forward to this show, legit.